1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Rainbow water?!? anyone else get this bug???

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by bread, Jun 11, 2002.

1. bread

bread New Member

While playing through Kumite, I came across a battle with a Jeffery on the water stage (name escapes me right now:p ), but when the match started the water was all rainbow colored...it lasted for the entire battle, then reverted to normal the next time i came to the stage. I had been to that stage, and even fought that same Jeffery on that stage, any number of times, but the only thing that stood out was that i reached it during a win streak. It happened on win 136, but i don't think the number itself had anything to do with it, but it was the only rational thing i could come up with other than being completely random...has anyone else experienced this bug???
    ---sorry for the blurry pictures /versus/images/icons/blush.gif ---
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

yeah a few posts were made about this a while back. It's pretty much completely random.

3. Kali

Kali Well-Known Member

I've seen this twice. I even tried to record this after the fight. Unfortunately, there is no presence of rainbow on water in replay.

4. Jagad_Edge

Jagad_Edge Member

Yes I experianced the mysterious "RainBow Water" today as well, I was playing in a match as my usual self (Kage 9th Dan) against a 10th Dan Jacky character named Stunna. Anyway I was so suprised by the crazy colors in the water that I had a hard time concentrating on the match.! Anyway I guess its just one of those things they put in the game.

"Victory Can Be Antipastaited.... But Never Assumed."

- Jagad Edge

5. ad91791

ad91791 Well-Known Member

I,ve had it and it looks dope

6. HighKing

HighKing Well-Known Member

Has anyone else seen black lines instead of rainbow water?

7. blackshadow

blackshadow Well-Known Member

yeh i saw it the second time as rainbow the first time it waz sorta sectioned off 4 different colors it was green white line orange white line then red white line then it kept repeatin down the water then the second time it waz jus rainbow first one looked kooler cuz they were small then got bigger towards middle then small again

8. Nashi

Nashi Well-Known Member

Think! It has to do with the time! When you're playing VF4, while in the menu, it sometimes shows the time, it means something's related to it. And also remember you can't choose that arena, so even if you find out the right time of the day to use, you can't go to versus mode and just choose, that's why it is random. Pretty funny isn't it? Sorry, don't know the time.

9. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    And also remember you can't choose that arena, so even if you find out the right time of the day to use, you can't go to versus mode and just choose, that's why it is random.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I'm pretty sure the rainbow effect is just a glitch. However, the palace stage IS selectable in vs mode.

10. gamesmaster1_2be

gamesmaster1_2be Well-Known Member

come to think of it, why is there a palace stage?
    no-one fights or lives there, and it has nothing to do with any of the characters. this isn't like any other stages, so maybe it ISN'T a glitch

11. Nashi

Nashi Well-Known Member

It is selectable, sorry. But as gamemaster said, you'll notice that as no one lives there, it's not mentioned in the VF4 sites, and you do fight in it in Arcade Mode. It definitly isn't a glitch.

12. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

The palace stage was put in there so PS2 people feel they have the extra.
    Ditto the training mode stage.

Nothing about the existence of the stage proves that the rainbow water's anything but a glitch. More than likely it IS a glitch because the guys who made that stage definitely aren't the same guys who produced the other stages in VF ...the guys who made the rest of the levels know how to make a stage without a bug /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    At least it makes the blandest level look a little more interesting. It's still random though.

13. gamesmaster1_2be

i've never even got to see this yet /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

14. KyoukanFactor

KyoukanFactor Well-Known Member

wow i saw this post like 2 months ago..heh im surprised you all are still talking about it..btw Im BACK! /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

15. gamesmaster1_2be