1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Random clip update

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by ghostdog, Jul 3, 2002.

1. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

VF.NET WEST has updated their site with a few new movies. It seems like there were other clips, but they have been deleted. And it looks like there will be more clips on the way.

About half of these clips have to be downloaded from rizm.net. /versus/images/icons/mad.gif /versus/images/icons/confused.gif

And am.sega.jp has added three new clips and some other files. Here are the links:

http://am.sega.jp/utop/news/event/100kumi_17.html and http://am.sega.jp/utop/news/event/100kumi_18.html

The last link has two Kyasao clips and one Chibita clip.

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Some stuff I wanted to unload ...

1. On my PC the clips from AM2 take forever to buffer (well, 30 seconds or so) and my buddy summah says they play choppy on his PC. Anyone want these re-encoded, or are we the only ones with issues? The .divx files also don't play well in WMP (sound is desynched - they're fine when played with divx's custom player)

2. Added another load of clips, found random clips from a guy called 16Bit, a mediocre Jacky. Also added the latest nomercy's and the sega am clips, which are great. I feel bad for the K-Chops Kage who keeps getting beat up though. He comes close. Also some of the clips from that douga site and the VF.net west clips (added 'em last month in fact /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif)

3. I'm trying to make a list of clips sorted by well-known players.
    I so far have chibita mostly done, and it's gonna be about 80 clips. I'd appreciate any help in this. If you know of a clip I don't have listed (either I don't have it or I didn't know who was playing in it) please say so.
    ftp://vf.dyndns.org/recent%20vf%20movies/Movie_List_Sorted_by_Player.txt

4. I'm still working on a really spanky host for all this stuff. In the meantime I'm thinking I'll maybe use my fifty megs of web space to upload one or two especially good clips every week (or so). If anyone needs those EVO movies still, hurry up and get 'em: http://userpages.prexar.com/meshe2/

Some more Evo Jacky info I stumbled across.. I guess I'll stick it in the regular board tho. VF2000 has a ton of links and a few of them are still alive and carry char. specific information. http://hpcgi2.nifty.com/fand/VF2000/

3. Vicious666

Vicious666 Well-Known Member

you guys are gods. thanks for the updates.

Creed, you are doubly a god for the chibita list. I'll check my files and see if there is anything not your list (i've been collecting as many as i can get). I had one question, though. Are these available? Last I checked, they were not available to download:
    fb009.mpg
    fb014.mpg
    fb015.mpg

Thanks, again.

4. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

those aren't available yet. I think the fact that fb09 is missing is an oversight. Maybe someone would like to attempt an email to the guy...

I think I need to compile a list of movies I'm missing /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    So far the really really early daioh's are on that last, and early amact's, as well as a bunch from shikia.com, and almost all the clips off of TEXAS/Kcat's site.

5. Vicious666

That's what I thought.

I have a tech question. I'm trying to play those new Sega AM2 files on my iMac, and they are playing super choppy. Is my computer just too weak? Is there a way around this?

6. Mr. Noisy

Mr. Noisy Well-Known Member

It's pretty hard to download from rizm.net, isn't it?
    I download 801 Akira's clip 3 times already
    still couldn't get the whole file

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

it could be a couple of things -
    1. your mac isn't powerful enough to handle decompressing the newest divx or wmv's at full speed...

2. quicktime blows for handling certain file types, while microsoft's media player for mac handles them quite well

3. You may be referring to the .divx files, and the newest mac version of divx wasn't done as perfectly as it should be... I know that the guys at divx.com tend to release the mac stuff later than the PC or linux versions, and it still has issues once it's finally released.

My recommendations:
    1. Make sure you have the latest divx decoder from www.divx.com ...
    2. Try playing these clips in windows media player for mac. Get it at www.windowsmedia.com.
    3. If both of those fail, the screensize and bitrate of the movie is too much for your mac... in which case I'd be glad to re-encode them with a smaller screensize or bitrate. For example, try ftp://vf.dyndns.org/recent%20vf%20movies/shin_kyasa_redone_half_size.wmv .. that's half the screensize but at nice quality. There's also ftp://vf.dyndns.org/recent%20vf%20movies/shin_kyasa_redone_fullscreen_lower_bitrate.wmv which is, as the name says, the full size version, but at a lower bitrate (i.e. it's blocker/blurrier)

Both are the same size, 12.7 megs. If these play fine, it probably would be useful for me to convert the other .wmv's .

8. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

There's a trick to it. These instructions are for PC users.
    When you're at the orange rizm.net screen, right click on any empty area and choose View Source. Then you will be looking at a text file.
    Use Search ---> Find and when it prompts you for something to find, type wmv in the blank. Click find twice, so it comes to the second instance of WMV in the page's source. You will see something like:
    SRC = ../userdata/1234/some_vf_movie.wmv
    Highlight everything from the first slash to the end of wmv, then click CTRL+C to copy it (or choose edit --> copy).

Next go to any program you have that manages/accelerates downloads... i.e. flashget, getright, dap, etc. Click the button you would use to enter a URL, and then paste the information you just copied by typing CTRL+V (or using edit ---> paste). Now in front of the information you pasted, type http://www.rizm.net

What you should end up with after all this work is a complete link that looks something like this:

http://www.rizm.net/UserData/1234/some_vf_movie.wmv

Click OK and it will find the file and download it completely. On top of that, if you're using a DL accelerator you'll get much better speed from rizm.net than you'd usually get without one.

Any questions, just reply here. Good luck. If all else fails the clips are mirrored.

9. Vicious666

Creed, the half-size wmv you re-encoded worked perfectly! Thanks. I really appreciate you going to the extra effort. If you have some spare time, would you mind doing these:
    shako_chibi.wmv
    shako_kyasa.wmv

now if i can only figure these out....dang, i need a faster computer.
    chibita.divx
    kyasa.divx
    shu.divx

10. Vicious666

whoa. what's with the outfit Chibita is flexing in this clip? That weird colored bike helmet, and oddly colored 2p outfit?

ftp://vf.dyndns.org/RECENT VF MOVIES/shako_chibi_half_size.wmv

11. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

the bike helmet is a common item (you can win it on PS2) but chibita usually doesn't pick his 1P costume. I guess he is now. PS: when url-ing to my site, blanks should be interpreted as %20 ... eg

ftp://vf.dyndns.org/RECENT%20VF%20MOVIES/shako_chibi_half_size.wmv

PS: you saw I did some other half sizers. The divx's are next.

12. Vicious666

oh, really? it looked different than the usual bike helmets...I think I have them all.

Anyway, sorry bout that link. However, didn't you already do the divx's? I downloaded them.
    "chibita_half_size.avi"
    isn't this the divx one half sized? or is that different?

13. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

indeed, they are done. woig!

14. Vicious666

Thanks again!

15. ghostdog

For anyone who's interested:

am.sega.jp just updated their site with at least 10 new chibita/kyasao clips. /versus/images/icons/ooo.gif For some reason I'm having a hard time downloading these clips. My transfer rate is much slower than usual. Maybe it's just me.

Here are the links:

http://am.sega.jp/utop/news/event/100kumi_20.html
    http://am.sega.jp/utop/news/event/100kumi_22.html

If I'm not mistaken, Kyasao, Chibita, and others (SHU and BunBun) are on a tour of different arcades. Does anyone know anything about the competition in these arcades? I'm curious because these guys have amazing record percentages:

Kyasao: 3188w-316l, 91%
    Chibita: 814w-27l, 96.8%
    SHU: 134w-16l, 89.3%
    BunBun: 1551w-365l, 80.9%

16. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

you da man - thanks for the links.
    Yep, it's slower than usual, even using an accelerator and raping 15 of their download slots, I get 40-80 kbps when usually it's 120+ ... that's to be expected when they post so many new clips, people just go crazy for a few days downloading.

17. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

For all you Vane fans out there, Chibita managed to get beaten five times in a row by a really, REALLY good Vanessa - and there are movies for all six matches!

http://am.sega.jp/utop/news/event/100kumi_22.html

There's a whole stack of clips here - it's the 6 at the very bottom.

Must-see clips, IMO. ^^

18. Mr. Noisy

Mr. Noisy Well-Known Member

How could you not mention Napoleon? (the one and only Ho-oh in Japan)
    There're 2 clips feature Napoleon
    One is versus Chibita the other is versus Kyasao

19. ghostdog

How could you not mention Napoleon? (the one and only Ho-oh in Japan)

If Napoleon is in one of the clips in one of the links mentioned above, then I haven't seen it. I've already mentioned that I'm having serious problems with my transfer rate. So I have to wait a lot longer to download the clips. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

Oh well, at least it's something to look forward to. The Vanessa clips are going to get first priority. There aren't a lot of Vanessa clips around, and even fewer show Chibita struggling and losing against opponents.

20. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

VERY Nice :)

This Vanessa player = The best Sabaki user I've seen! Enough said...

I like how Chibita is always going for the higher reward (with the higher risk of course) after all of the crumbles he get, and after all successfull [2_][6][P]+[G] throws he lands. Even with his matches against Vanessa... He could have used the [6][6][K][K] for the guaranteed damage, but he didn't.
    /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif