1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

random rant about basketball hall of fame

Discussion in 'General' started by stompoutloud, Jun 6, 2002.

1. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

Today, there were several inductees into the Basketball hall of fame. The list includes Magic Johnson, Larry Brown (coach of the 76ers), Lute Olsen of Arizona Wildcats, Drazen Petrovic (the late Portland Trailblazers and Nets basketball player) and a few others.

Ok.. here is my rant. Who the hell inducted Darzen Petrovic into the hall of fame? Yeah, he was an up and coming player till he was tragically killed in an automobile accident in yugoslavia/crotia. But he didn't put up hall of fame numbers. Hell he was riding the bench for over 4 years with Portland before he had two good seasons with the nets. Come on, give me a freaking break. Just because he was killed, doesn't mean he gets inducted into the hall of fame. Hall of fame for what? Getting killed for driving over 100 kilometers an hour on some european highway. What a freaking joke. The basketball hall of fame is for people who deserve to be on there. Not people who just play a few years. Now I am not heartless when it comes to tragic deaths. I have lots of friends who died. But this inductee thing is way out of hand. It's like when basketball players all of a sudden die from accidents and they retire their number. Freaking unbelieveable. Anyways, have a good day everyone. :)