1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Random VF questions

Discussion in 'General' started by Rare_Entity, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Rare_Entity

Rare_Entity Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Rare_Entity
    XBL:
    Rare Entity
    Just a few things I've been wondering about VF

1. Why is Sarah's fighting style listed as "Martial Arts"? I thought Martial Arts was just a general term for any fighting style.

2. Lau's profile in the game manual (yes I actually read these things) seems to imply that he might bite the dust soon. Do you really think the VF developers will kill off Lau? If not how would they explain his appearance in future VF games?

3. Goh's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is named "Tsukikage" which is also the name of Kage's mother. Whats up with that?

4. I remember while playing through Quest Mode I noticed some of the players I fought were named after some VFDC members. I figured some of the players with japanese names were based on actual players but I was surprised when I saw some american names in the mix. So I guess my question is did AM2 notify anyone from VFDC about being added to the quest mode roster? Also any chance a scrub like me could get added to the quest mode in the next VF? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Sorry if any of these questions have been answered before in other threads.

2. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I don't know for sure, but I assume because hers is a mix of different martial arts rather than one specific style. In the beginning if my memory is correct, she had same style as Jacky but it was changed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    2. Lau's profile in the game manual (yes I actually read these things) seems to imply that he might bite the dust soon. Do you really think the VF developers will kill off Lau? If not how would they explain his appearance in future VF games?
    </div></div>
    I don't think Lau is going anywhere. He will propably have some miraculous recovery or something. In VF5 he looks sick because of Lei Fei's killer blow you can see in the opening animation. (Pai saves him from Lei) Age is also no reason to ditch him..Shun is older, also look at tekken. Heihachi and Wang.. uh-huh.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    3. Goh's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is named "Tsukikage" which is also the name of Kage's mother. Whats up with that?
    </div></div>
    I honestly have no clue about this.

4. I remember while playing through Quest Mode I noticed some of the players I fought were named after some VFDC members. I figured some of the players with japanese names were based on actual players but I was surprised when I saw some american names in the mix. So I guess my question is did AM2 notify anyone from VFDC about being added to the quest mode roster? Also any chance a scrub like me could get added to the quest mode in the next VF? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
    </div></div>
    This one I can answer with certainty. Prior to the release of VF5 (Was it VF4 Evo even?) Sega opened up a web service where you could input your stage name, character and PR lines. This info was about gathering info about players that could become quest characters. Those who did use the service, you can see in the quest today. We were really surprised that nearly everybody we know who attempted it, got in. There was no guarantee or competition or anything, Sega could do what they wanted with that info.

3. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    Tsukikage literally translates to "moon shadow", so just as it is used for a person's name, it could be used just as well for a restaurant, small animal, part of the countryside, or a martial arts move.

4. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Now I want to go to a restaurant in the countryside that serves small animals...

"Yes, I'm in Tsukikage looking for Tsukikage so I can have some Tsukikage."

"I'm sorry sir. You can not have Tsukikage at Tsukikage here in Tsukikage."

"I don't quite understand."

"Do not be concerned - this is a common misconception. You see, here in Tsukikage, the Tsukikage serves the Tsukikage themselves. You are far too large to even get through the door - much less sit at the table with the Tsukikage."

"Ahh. Thank you. That makes much more sense. I'll have to tell Tsukikage that we'll want to find someplace else to eat. She probably won't mind. Oh, and I'm glad her son is not around - he'd likely TFT me for this inadvertent gaffe (or maybe because I fornicate with his mom). Good day."

5. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    I was actually just generalizing. As far as I know, there is no place actually called Tsukikage. My post was merely to indicate that it is not an uncommon name, and that the place could actually exist.

However, there is a place called "stfuPLAGUE". Weird, huh?

6. Judah

Judah Well-Known Member

Win.

This makes me want to create an abstract short film story board denounced "Tsukikage". It made me think of something the anime writer/producer Hayao Miyazaki or maybe even the Japanese writer Koushun Takami would create when I was imagining this scenario.

edit: About Lau, if they do away with him, which I would hate--he's class--, I'd hope they'd create a transitional character in his place, and hopefully it wouldn't be some overly angsty teen. Or better yet, kill Lau, Pai gets Lau's move list, Eileen gets Pai's move list, and Eileen's crap is out of the picture ! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

7. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

8. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

^ Sal wins

9. Judah

Judah Well-Known Member

SD,

Flawless Victoly.