1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Rank Reset

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by TheWorstPlayer, Feb 9, 2010.

1. TheWorstPlayer

TheWorstPlayer Well-Known Member

Hey peoples. Stupid idea maybe but let me know what you think. I know some of you have worked hard to get your title next to your name. Much deserved if you ask me. As most people know I reset myself a long time ago from a high rank through sheer eccentricity.

What I was thinking is do you think ranked could get new life breathed into it if everyone started from dirt. I'm talking reseting your account and fighting from the first rank? Part of rankeds fun was leveling up anyway and having comp while doing so.

Just a thought.

2. mlp715

mlp715 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    MLP715
    XBL:
    mlp715
    how do you reset your rank?

3. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

I didn't know people still played in ranked.

4. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    I'd do it if you could reset it, but I honestly think you can't or I'm sure tons of people would have done it already. While it may not seem like it but a lot of life has come back to VF, so if I have to reset my rank to keep it going then I'm done.

5. TheWorstPlayer

I'm pretty sure I did it, but only way I did it was erasing my whole schebang. Aka I lost all my items etc. It proved easier than losing so much when I was deranking myself for the WorstPlayer theme. I COULD be wrong though, and just between me and the boys we managed through sheer stupidity, angst and spite to troll all comers until we got said suck ass rank lol!

6. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

ive been meaning to post this for a looong time, but , how about the total opposite.

can we have a VF5 cheating rank party!?

everyone in groups of 4 (gotta work out the details on how to do this) will just help each other reach the last rank, no more fear of losing rank! since everyone is a freaking conquerer [​IMG]. im willing to rank donw to help peeps. what you think [​IMG] i mean its not like anyone else is gonna reach the last rank legit anytime soon (never...) might as well cheat!, no harm in that. why do it?

just cause we can...

waste of time yes....but are we down for this? [​IMG]

7. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Gentlemen,

If ya wanna play VF and you want more people to play it with you, do the following...

1) Play VF
    2) Tell people you play VF
    3) Ask them to play VF with you
    4) Play VF with them
    5) Talk about it here.

I was on player match from 10:00 to 11:30 pm Pacific last night. No trouble finding a match with a good connection. It was amazing.

8. TheWorstPlayer

We know that Plague man, my reset idea was simply so we'd have more people to play at a similar rank. Literally seeing who can rank up after we all have had years under our belts. Giving a little more edge to rank promotions because you know in order to rank up you've played through some seasoned fools. It may also make the ranked mode look less dead to a competitive noob.

9. _Denkai_

_Denkai_ Well-Known Member

I understand what you are saying TWP, before I reached conqueror ranked mode was the addictive aspect about online. After I've reached the highest rank I don't play nearly as much as I did back then

10. TheWorstPlayer

Yeah man, I know the normal fare is "Ranked doesn't matter, blah, blah, blah" but at this stage of the game if we COULD reset everyone that mattered who played. Aka people on VFDC, it would prove to be much harder to rank up in the first place (to a degree anyway) since everyone for the most part would know how to play. I'll admit me and a buddy of mine used to really dig ranked until it got filled with buffoons or noone was on in the first place.

People just don't want their win/loss record visible I guess. I for one liked that aspect.

11. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    guaranteed if we had the option to hide win / loss ratio more people would put there rank on the line.