1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

RANKING MATCH?

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by b4k4, Apr 13, 2002.

1. b4k4

b4k4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SoundReason
    When I was playing VF4 at home on my PS2, I started getting bored of playing the CPU, so got a friend of mine to play with me. He had made his own file (Kage, 3rd Kyu) a while ago, so we just started to play. After I defeated him about... 50 times(?), he managed to get in one win. In the next fight, it gave the "Ranking Match" screen, as it would normally appear, but instead of saying in the bottom corner "Promotion if you win", it simply said "RANKING MATCH" for my friend. The really strange thing was, I won the fight, and my friend STILL got the promotion. Has anyone else encountered this, or does anyone know what's up?

Thanks

2. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Never seen it happen, but I'm sure it's possible. In the Kyu levels, every 100 experience gets you a level, and you get 1 exp for losing, so if you're at (say) 299, you get promoted whenever the fight ends.

3. twinfighter

twinfighter New Member

B4K4,according to this;
    Remember, I'm not a Thai-Boxer; I'm a Thai-Fighter.
    are you thai? i wanna know because i am aThai player, too.

4. b4k4

b4k4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SoundReason
    Sorry if my sig caused any confusion. I practice Muay Thai (Thai-Boxing), and that's something one of my instructors said to me once, I think it's a cool quote. Anyways, like I said, sorry if I confused anybody.

5. ad91791

ad91791 Well-Known Member

That maens that even if u lose or win u still go up a ranking