1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Ranking up online

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by Rare_Entity, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Rare_Entity

Rare_Entity Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Rare_Entity
    XBL:
    Rare Entity
    So I'm currently at 1st Dan online and it seems to be taking forever to rank up. I noticed that even after I defeated opponents at higher ranks(5-7th Dan) my progress bar didn't go up. So my question is do I absolutely have to defeat opponents with the same rank as me to rank up? Also, does winning by a ring out affect the progress bar?

2. tikgnat

tikgnat Well-Known Member

You need to fight someone within 2 ranks of you, ie, your ranking matches would be 2nd kyu, 1st kyu, 1st Dan, 2nd Dan, 3rd Dan.

If you fight anyone with a much low kyu, and you win, you get nothing. If the low kyu wins, I think he still gains, but you don't reduce.

If you fight anyone ith a much higher rank nobodys ranking bar benefits or suffers despite the outcome. Which is why I'm not bothered when Hunters challenge me and then kick my ass.

3. Fu_unji_kun

Fu_unji_kun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    None Other
    And this is plus one.

list of high rank. (after master)

under 70% win ratio

DEFENDER→ENFORCER→SENTINEL→PROTECTOR→GUARDIAN→PALADIN→LIBERATOR

70%-80%

HUNTER→RAIDER→BARBARIAN→ASSASSIN→SLAYER→BERSERKER→DESTROYER

more than 80%

WARRIOR→VERTERAN→GLADIATOR→VINDICATOR→AVENGER→VANQUISHER→CONQUEROR