1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Reading Akira's FAQ's combo section, but what is PG?

Discussion in 'Akira' started by Mirage, Jul 3, 2002.

1. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    *3) ShRm--> PG--> SDE| DJK| DLC| AS3
    R: none
    Should be your staple normal hit ShRm combo; go for either the DLC or DJK;
    very good against heavyweights, as it is very consistent to hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I have seen this combo many times in those VF4 video, but all I see is they do a standing punch and thee DLC, could someone tell me about this PG thing?

Thanks a lot.

2. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

PG is the same thing as P - you just G-cancel (push guard) the sequence so you don't get PP (punch, body blow) when you need P,P (as punch, punch). A bit of advice: look up the basics before posting lame questions in the forum! /versus/images/icons/mad.gif Check the VF4 FAQ or use the search for info. THEN post if you come up against a problem you can't look up.

3. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

yeap, not to mention

1) you could've somehow guessed that it was punch,guard....P=punch, G=guard?
    2) this was covered in my FAQ...under the punch section...didn't read the move analysis, did you? /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

4. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

under the punch section...didn't read the move analysis, did you?

He missed it while being too busy cutting through all the bushes /versus/images/icons/wink.gif Sorry, couldn't resist.

5. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

haha...well, he could've typed in Ctrl+F and searched for PG...it would've came up... then he wouldn't have to run through all the crap /versus/images/icons/grin.gif don't worry, i'll TRY to shorten the FAQ sometime soon.

6. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

"PG is the same thing as P - you just G-cancel (push guard) the sequence so you don't get PP (punch, body blow) "

Sorry , I did read the move part but that was 2 weeks ago, sorry I forgot it... however, I still don't get it, If I just hit P once, do I still need to push G? the second punch doesn't seens come out itself unless I hit P twice.

or push G just to make sure the second punch won't come out?

Thanks a lot for you time.

7. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

PG will cancel both canned PP and PK... and it's usually a good habit to hit G anyway. There's a fixed frame window (in VF2 and VF3 it was 20 frames, not sure about VF4 - but I'd guess it hasn't been changed) in which the game will treat 2nd P as preprogrammed follow-up (the body blow). After that time, the 2nd P will become a high punch.