Reading Akira's FAQ's combo section, but what is PG?

Discussion in 'Akira' started by Mirage, Jul 3, 2002.

1. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    *3) ShRm--> PG--> SDE| DJK| DLC| AS3
    R: none
    Should be your staple normal hit ShRm combo; go for either the DLC or DJK;
    very good against heavyweights, as it is very consistent to hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I have seen this combo many times in those VF4 video, but all I see is they do a standing punch and thee DLC, could someone tell me about this PG thing?

Thanks a lot.

2. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

PG is the same thing as P - you just G-cancel (push guard) the sequence so you don't get PP (punch, body blow) when you need P,P (as punch, punch). A bit of advice: look up the basics before posting lame questions in the forum! /versus/images/icons/mad.gif Check the VF4 FAQ or use the search for info. THEN post if you come up against a problem you can't look up.

3. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

yeap, not to mention

1) you could've somehow guessed that it was punch,guard....P=punch, G=guard?
    2) this was covered in my FAQ...under the punch section...didn't read the move analysis, did you? /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

4. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

under the punch section...didn't read the move analysis, did you?

He missed it while being too busy cutting through all the bushes /versus/images/icons/wink.gif Sorry, couldn't resist.

5. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

haha...well, he could've typed in Ctrl+F and searched for PG...it would've came up... then he wouldn't have to run through all the crap /versus/images/icons/grin.gif don't worry, i'll TRY to shorten the FAQ sometime soon.

6. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

"PG is the same thing as P - you just G-cancel (push guard) the sequence so you don't get PP (punch, body blow) "

Sorry , I did read the move part but that was 2 weeks ago, sorry I forgot it... however, I still don't get it, If I just hit P once, do I still need to push G? the second punch doesn't seens come out itself unless I hit P twice.

or push G just to make sure the second punch won't come out?

Thanks a lot for you time.

7. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

PG will cancel both canned PP and PK... and it's usually a good habit to hit G anyway. There's a fixed frame window (in VF2 and VF3 it was 20 frames, not sure about VF4 - but I'd guess it hasn't been changed) in which the game will treat 2nd P as preprogrammed follow-up (the body blow). After that time, the 2nd P will become a high punch.