1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Recently started Playing

Discussion in 'General' started by ThePrince, Jun 14, 2000.

1. ThePrince

ThePrince Well-Known Member

Hi

I recently started playing DOA2 and I use Ein and Tina. I can't believe it, the machine we have over here is set to FIVE rounds in tag mode so that boring same old tag stage is the only one you ever see when you watch or play that game.

i thought the game was pretty good when I first started playing and when you play against someone who doesn't really know what they're doing and you know how to counter then it's fun beating the hell out of them. But I played someone who more or less knew what he was doing and I got countered to DEATH it seems to easy to do that (I countered other people to death now I know how it feels).

Since then I stopped playing (not for good) Is it me or is it either too easy to counter or the moves/combos are too predictable. I would like to be able to understand the game and frankly speaking that system guide is load of rubbish.

I'll describe the way I play that game next time I post and maybe you guys can too.

I'll do that next time tho :) must go now.

The Prince.

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I don't have any exact numbers or anything, but if you throw the opponent while he/she is in the middle of a reversal, you get counter damage to your throw. It's a really easy way to punish a predictable opponent. For example, Hayabusa's 80 point Izuna Drop is a 120 on a critical hit.

A lot of VF characters are based too much on attacking and escaping, and that mindset does not carry over as well to DOA2.

For my Hayabusa, I try to think 30% attack, 30% throw attempt, 30% reversal, and 10% blocking.

For Gen Fu, it's 40% attack, 40% throw, 20% reversal.

Lei Fang, it's 40% attack, 30% throw, 30% reversal (Lei Fang, BTW, is a great character to use for VF players, because she resembles Pai a lot).

Jann Lee: 50% attack, 25% throw, 25% reversal.

Ein: 60% attack, 30% throw, 20% reveral.

Just for comparison sake, my Kage is 38% attack, 37% throw attempt, and 25% movement.

ice-9

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Re: a load of rubbish?

I would like to be able to understand the game and frankly speaking that system guide is load of rubbish.

Which system guide are you referring to?

__
    m y k e
    how ya gonna win when ya ain't right within?

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I don't have any exact numbers or anything, but if you throw the opponent while he/she is in the middle of a reversal, you get counter damage to your throw.

<font color=yellow>HI COUNTER THROWS</font color=yellow>, which are throws against a hold/reversal, have a damage increase of 1.5, so that's why Haya's 80pt Izuna goes to 120pts. This information is in the system stuff I posted yesterday.

__
    m y k e
    how ya gonna win when ya ain't right within?

5. TripleRaid

TripleRaid Active Member