1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Regarding asigned/sholder buttons

Discussion in 'Console' started by RandomHajile, May 20, 2004.

1. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

when u have buttons that do P+K+G, P+K, P+G, K+G, does it make it easyer to get out of shake situations???

i know it makes it much easyer for tech rolls, thow escapes an low throws, but was just wondering if it makes it easyer for strugles

2. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

If it does then theres another reason why Raynes gonna be in trouble if he tries to use them again at our next meet /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

I honestly don't know if struggles are made easier or not. The danger is you whiff loads of moves when you struggle unless you held guard down on the pad. May look into it tonight.

3. Street

Street Active Member

Surely assigning short cuts is gay?
    I'm willing to be corrected, but isn't it as cheap as putting a quid in the machine instead of 50p?

4. SlimTYME

SlimTYME Well-Known Member

I 'tested' this on training the other night, after our Manchester meet 'winner' used the shoulder button's and I find it WELL easier to struggle with them. In a similar fashion, I find it MUCH easier to ETEG with them, but it's 'unrealistic' cos I'd be screwed in an arcade enviroment, so I don't use them.

5. LM_Akira

Yeah...

SHOULDER BUTTONS SUCK

hehe take note Rayne if you're reading.

6. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

If it's in the game it's allowed to be used. You're not, after all, playing on an arcade but at home - as easy as that. Seems kinda just pure mean if you were to try to force him into not using it when you yourselfs could do it aswell. And yeah I'm standing up for a Bro cause I have a p+k+g bind myself /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif /versus/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/KiwE

7. ONISTOMPA

ONISTOMPA Well-Known Member

Hmph, funny I thought shoulder buttons were no big deal in europe.

8. Onny

Onny Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    KiwE said:
    And yeah I'm standing up for a Bro cause I have a p+k+g bind myself /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif /versus/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    and you call youself a brad player. tsk. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. Vith_Dos

Vith_Dos Well-Known Member

shoulder buttons own, esp. [P]+[K]+[G]

10. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

Hey can you have the shoulder buttons on the stick? NO! So there for, Shoulder buttons are WEAK! /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

11. LM_Akira

The main reason our group got upset about shoulder buttons was because we were all playing for money. Most of us are dedicated stick users and 2 were pad users who use the "correct" set up of G P K only. Rayne showed up for the day and used all the assigned shoulder buttons. It takes away the human element of messing up a button input and makes TRs TEs etc really easy. Still I don't wanna turn things into some huge argument about them but suffice to say for future meets they're not allowed with us (we did let him play on with them last time).

12. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Please; It's such a major handicap to even be playing with a pad imo (ever tried ECD for example?) so not allowing someone to use them cause he wins seems to be really farfetching and imo abit cruel / just to ruin for a single person. Of cource it takes away the human element of missing a commandinput but how easy is it to press 3 buttons at once on a pad to begin with as to compared to on a stick? But at the end of the day it's none of my buisness - just ask yourself if it would be any trouble with him using them if it wasn't for the fact the he won and he was a scrub. My 2 cents and I'll shut up now and let you make whatever rules you want. /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/KiwE

13. ZSS

ZSS Well-Known Member

Um just to make things clear - we should differentiate between using shoulder buttons and using button bindings. Not allowing to use shoulder buttons set up with P, K or G is BS because you cannot really combine everything from the other buttons; pads aren't designed for that. Not allowing or using button bindings in general is another thing and imo a question of personal skill. I use shloulder bttns with P, K a G and I don't definitely lack "the human element of messing up a button input" as LM_Akira said, so I guess for a player who can't get his hands on a stick that easily this could be the way.

14. Vith_Dos

I love my [K]+[G] and [P]+[K]+[G] on my shoulder buttons . I figure stick users only gotta keep track of 3 buttons. I, as a pad player, have to keep track of six on my right hand alone. Its give and take really. Sticks are just so much easier to use there shouldnt be any problem with button binds

15. kungfusmurf

& you wonder why you suck. /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

16. Vith_Dos

I challenge you Kungfu to a pad battle at the homestay/Kyasao event. 10 matches! Winner takes all (the pad glory that is)

17. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

That's not enough. I say first to 40. Ultimate pad death match!

18. Vith_Dos

Fuck it, lets make it 100! We'll play until smurfs weak pad deprived hand falls from his arm MUHUHAHAHAHAHHA

19. kungfusmurf

Actually you win since I don't use a pad anymore. All hail the new Pad King. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

20. Vith_Dos

[ QUOTE ]
    kungfusmurf said:

Actually you win since I don't use a pad anymore. All hail the new Pad King. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

as our #1 Wanker would say

P\/\/NED!