1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Regular Euro Room Matches

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by Krye, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    Hey guys,

I was talking about this with some of the guys on the circuit yesterday, and I've talked about it with Feck before, too; I want to have some room matches going on on a regular basis. Just something friendly, no bragging rights or anything. The circuit matches were awesome, not because we had the most epic vf matches in the history of the universe, but simply because we had a bunch of guys in a room playing VF. Nothing more is needed.

So what I had in my mind is to simply mark two timeframes during the week, one in the weekend and one during workdays, so we all know when to get on and just play.

I was thinking sunday evening: maybe something like 20/21 hrs til 22/23 hrs?

And for weekdays, maybe tuesday is nice? Same timeframe. If not, then maybe thursday or something?

I was thinking that it'd be more functional if we didn't appoint hosts. If everyone that'd like to participate in this simply comes online intending to play room matches, it should be fine. If you go online and there's no room up yet (as far as you can see), just host one and invite people in. If you see people playing room matches already, just spam some of them with requests to join. It might also be nice to use this thread and the shoutbox to make people aware you have a room up/want to join a room, as well as updating our statusses (stati? lol) to show we're playing room matches.

Couple of things:

- I don't want to make this depend on a couple of individuals to host rooms/get people to play, etc. If you go online and you want to play room matches, don't be scared or patient: just host and invite players! This way it doesn't matter if a couple of people can't make it for some reason. Also, VF players are forbidden from playing other games. So if you see a player playing something other than VF (ESPECIALLY OTHER FIGHTING GAMES), spam invites extra hard.

^I'm kidding of course. Or am I?

- Use your headset. Everyone hates waiting, why not make it fun by having a nice chat? This will make everything more relaxed, which is better in the end. It also makes it easier to do some random things like a first to 2/3/4/5/6/7 between certain players. So, if you have a headset: use it. If you don't: you should be able to get one for cheap.
    PS: If you're not fluent in english, np. You'll learn!

- Is the room full? Make a new one! Spam invites.

- You don't have to be a super pro VF master to play in this. Even if you just started out: play! Might not be as much fun if you don't know what you're doing, though ;) . But for all of you that might say: meh, kingo is playing, I don't wanna get my ass handed to me: first of all it's good practice; you'll become a better player. Secondly, this is not about winning or getting a long streak, it's just about playing and having fun. So I'm sure kingo will give up his turn at some point. And, if not, I'll just kick his ass and do it for him! ;) Settled? Good.

Bottom line: Just play.

Is everyone okay with these times? Then let's try this tonight!

2. Kanoppio

Kanoppio Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Kanoppio
    XBL:
    Kanoppio
    And if someone is playing some other game like Mass Effect...can I invite him? :p

3. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    Mass Effect especially is off-limits. Spam those invites.

;)

4. Daydream

Daydream Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Daydream CE
    No you aren't. We need this paragraph for reference to back up the spam. Let's make this an official rule. Playing other FGs during this time will lead to invitational spam mail.

I will try to frequent these and hopefully provide some insights about my character as well if people have any questions or fail to punish something that should be. I hope to get similar info from other players as well. It can be really helpful if the player you lost to just tell you what you could have done differently.

Anyway, good initiative. I'll come online tonight to see what's going on. Have Mass Effect 3 on my shelf though so who knows what's gonna happen. ^^

Tricky likes this.
  5. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Special euro rule: Everyone has to use Sarah

Tricky and Electro_Jacky like this.
  6. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Will it be possible to edit 1st post with visible "rules" (ideally in quotes or something) how this will work?
    It is hard to find important info ATM :)

7. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    There are no rules, that's the point.

8. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Count me in.
    I can't use my mic while playing ( because it doesn't work with my adaptator for PS2 pad), so I will only trash talking and curse when I'm not playing.

9. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    We had a nice little room tonignt, Erdraug, Settra, Daydream, Blossy, Mitsuruga and myself. Ggs all round and it was nice to speak with erdraug for the first time.

See you guys on Tuesday night :)

10. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    Nice!

So my little test has been passed: I knew I wouldn't be at home tonight, so I left it up to you guys to kick things off and it seems it worked out :)

Let's try and get more people together on tuesday!

mitsuruga likes this.
  11. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Definitely.

We almost had a full room at such short notice could easily have 2 on at a time :)

12. mitsuruga

mitsuruga Well-Known Member

XBL:
    mitsuruga
    I have no idea how to use lion properly but it was still lots of fun using him and fighting you guys! I like that room sessions very much! ggs & cya

13. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    I mean like day and time, platform, list of players to add to friendlist... :D

14. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I train on Tuesday nights. I can't play on that day and hate you all. :(

Tricky likes this.
  15. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    The days we're doing this on are tuesday and sunday for now. But I guess in theory this thing could happen any day of the week. We could swap days if that's easier for people.

My intended platform is 360, which should be obvious as I only play on 360 and I posted this in the XBL forums.. Feel free to do this on PS3 as well, though! Might be better to host on different days so people playing on both systems don't have to choose.

List of players: I don't really think that's necessary. There's plenty of lists of players on here already and this thing is not about creating another list from which you can pick players to play, but rather about just going online and playing. If there's a list, someone would have to go back and add players and see who's still playing etc. etc. I don't want this thing to have any strings attached.

It should just be something where people say: 'Ooh, it's VF-Night! There's people online and they want to play! I don't have to look for a game, since I have 29 invites in my message box!', or something like that. Nothing more. So even if you just have one player in your friendslist that plays VF, if you join a room, you'll have 7 by the end of the night.

If everyone just invites players from their list and you send the people in your room a friend request, this will all develop on its own I think.

Actually, maybe it would be nice to have a 'hype' video or something, so we could post this on other FG forums? Just a thought.

16. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

is there any chance to do a late night room? :/ i can't play when my bro is online. maybe in january when the lessons are going to start again but right now i can't.

17. Sharizord

Sharizord Active Member

Is this going on tonight then ?
    22 gmt ?

18. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I'll be on around 8-9pm GMT

19. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    I will probably be on later tonight. Don't generally play much in more than 4 person rooms, as it takes ages to get a go lol
    Next year, all being well, I should be good for Sunday evening sessions. Hopefully get a new stick when I get back from holiday, and actually develop a stronger game with at least one character, so I can compete with you guys.

20. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I don't mind the wait too much, especially if folk are talking. I like to change characters up as well that way it's a bit more varied for everyone involved. lots of fun!