1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Regular Online Playing Sessions

Discussion in 'PlayStation Network' started by akai, Oct 17, 2021.

By akai on Oct 17, 2021 at 12:47 PM
  1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    I think it is safe to say that outside of Japan, many players have had trouble finding matches quickly or have trouble finding people that you have a good connection with. Here, we are trying to make it easier for fellow VF players to network and play online.

If you regularly host rooms and have the common goal to play VF and spread the joy (and sometimes pain) of VF, please consider posting your info in this thread please!

Weekly Schedule
    Standard time headings in EST. The Local time zones of the host listed by their names.​
    Monday
    8:00 PM Eastern
    Gray Fox RJ - 8:00 PM EST - 10:30 PM EST(Brazil, South America)​
    11:45 PM Eastern
    KDQ|Bushido - 9:45 PM MST - 12:00 AM MST(Southwest, USA)​
    1 AM Eastern (Tuesday)
    Chanchai - 11 PM PST - 3AM PST (Northwest, USA)​
    Miscellaneous
    VFnumbers - See A Schedule (Northeast, USA)​

Tuesday
    6 PM Eastern
    Virtua Kazama - 6 PM Eastern, See Host Info (Northeast, USA)​
    9 PM Eastern
    Domaug - 9 PM Eastern to ~11 PM Eastern (Northeast, USA)​
    10:30 PM Eastern
    KDQ|Bushido - 8:30 PM MST to 11 PM MST (Southwest, USA)​
    1 AM Eastern (Wednesday)
    Chanchai - 11 PM Pacific - 3AM Pacific (Northwest, USA)​
    Miscellaneous

Wednesday
    1 AM EST (Thursday)
    Chanchai - 11 PM Pacific - 3AM Pacific (Northwest, USA)​
    Miscellaneous Times
    VFnumbers - See B Schedule (Northeast, USA)​

Thursday
    4:30 PM Eastern
    TeyFighters - 9:30 PM GMT +1 - 11:50 PM GMT +1 (Poland)​
    6 PM Eastern
    Virtua Kazama - 6 PM Eastern, See Host Info (Northeast, USA)​
    8:00 PM Eastern
    Gray Fox RJ - 8:00 PM Eastern - 10:30 PM Eastern (Brazil, South America)​
    Miscellaneous Times
    VFnumbers - See B Schedule (Northeast, USA)​

Friday
    Miscellaneous Times

Saturday
    Miscellaneous Times

Sunday
    12 PM Eastern
    Akai - 12 PM - 3 PM Central (Midwest, USA)​
    6 PM Eastern
    Virtua Kazama - 6 PM Eastern, Biweekly Tournament. See Host Info (Northeast, USA)​
    Miscellaneous Times

Hosts' Information
    Akai
    1. Region: Midwest North America
    2. Time: Weekly every Sunday. 12 PM Central Time is Minor League (sign-up). 1 PM Central Time is Open League. The password for Open League is always that day's date (MMDD).
    3. Type of Session: The regular schedule is simultaneous league matches.
    4. Players: For players in the North America region. Minor League please see details here.
    5. Contact:
    Chanchai
    1. Region: North America - Pacific Northwest (Portland, Oregon)
    2. Availability: I am usually streaming late nights 2-3 late nights per week. Feel free to message me and try to arrange a late night session with me or book an appointment for a weekday morning ^_^:
      • Usually 11:00pm - 3:00am PST Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday
      • Sometimes 11:00pm - 3:00am PST Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday
      • Sometimes Weekday Mornings 9:00am PST - 11:00am PST
    3. Type of Session: I usually stream Room Matches, happy to do anything!
    4. Players/Restrictions: All skill levels welcome
      • Willing to test connection with anyone (even internationally since I have had decent connections to Japan, Hawaii, and Mexico)
      • Happy to Coach/Tutor/Practice/Compete/Anything
    5. Contact:
    DomAug
    1. Region: North America (yellow connection or better preferred; I'm in Northeast PA)
    2. Time: Tuesdays, 9pm EST to ~11pm EST
    3. Type of Session: Room Match
    4. Players/Restrictions: All skill levels welcome, no hard restrictions since there are no stakes but I would encourage opponents with better connections.
    5. Contact: Room ID and Password will be live when the room opens
    Grey Fox RJ
    1. Region: South America - mostly Brazilians, but Spanish speakers are welcomed (yellow connection or better preferred). Make sure you are on wired
    2. Time: Casuals on Monday, 8pm EST to ~10:30pm EST (local +3 GMT), and League/Casuals on Thursdays same time
    3. Type of Session: Room Match / League Match.
    4. Players/Restrictions: All skill levels welcome on Monday, on the current beginner League running on Thursdays we seek more beginner/intermediate players, new on the game or that started some time ago.
    5. Contact: Room ID and Password will be live when the room opens
    KDQ|Bushido
    1. Region: North America - US Southwest (Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, AZ)
    2. Availability: Monday, and Tuesdays are the days we typically hold rooms. Lobby matches that cap out between 6 and 7 total players.
      • Monday's 945 MST - 12 AM MST
      • Tuesday's 830-1130 PM MST
    3. Type of Session: Open to all to come and give advice and work with us, we are beginner to intermediate players, the more the better!
    4. Players/Restrictions: All skill levels welcome
      East connections seems to be FLAWLESS with us in CO (have double checked w Isaak303, kdqlassassin, and others). We will take 2 bars from Japan if they're available as well! Basically willing to test out the connection!
    5. Contact:
    TeyFighters
    1. Region: Europe - Poland
    2. Availability: Thursday, 9:30-11:50 PM GMT +1
    3. Type of Session: Open Lobby (no password) - League Match
    4. Players/Restrictions: 16 players, all skill levels, no red bars plz, other than that everyone is welcome, we've had good connection with east coast before
    5. Contact:
    VFnumbers
    1. Region: NA (Northeast)
    2. Time: Dependent on Rotating Schedule that rotate/repeats as follows
      • A Schedule - Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat, Sun on one week.
      • B Schedule - Wed, Thurs only the following week.
      • Sometimes I may start streaming/playing between12pm to 5pm EST or 3pm to 9pm EST or 8pm to 12am EST (Depends on my VF addiction) :D
    3. Type of Session: Rank, Room(with id and pw generally will be 8888), or Free Training Leifei discussion and lab.
    4. Players/Restrictions: Anyone as long it's 3 and 4 bars. No wifi.
    5. Contact:
    Virtua Kazama
    1. Region: NA (Northeast)
    2. Time: Streamed 1-2 sessions/week, depending on the Rotating Schedule posted on Twitter (All times Eastern):
      • Tuesday 6PM EDT
      • Thursday 6PM EDT
      • Sunday 6PM EDT (for Bi-Weeklies)
    3. Type of Session: Room Sessions (Room ID and Code are presented on stream and Social Media), Bi-Weekly tournaments. Also host classic VF sessions such as VF3tb and VF4FT.
    4. Players/Restrictions: All skill levels welcomed. Make sure you have good online connection. (However if you're competing in the Bi-Weekly, make sure you have a wired connection.)
    5. Contact:

Wired Connection preferred over Wireless Connection
    Please try to play the game on wired connection, instead of playing on wireless. It should lead to a better gaming experience not only for you, but also for your fellow players. If you switch between wired and wireless connection, you will have to also toggle the option on PS4 menu.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2022

Comments

Discussion in 'PlayStation Network' started by akai, Oct 17, 2021.

1. akai
      akai
      Edit: Below was the text in the original post
      Would it be helpful and useful for the VF community to have a thread listing known times for meeting up with others to play online VF? Currently, it seems the community is divided from VFDC, discords, twitter, etc. My hope is to make it a bit easier for people to get together to play and let others not normally involved, get involved.

I know others have been doing regular gaming sessions, but trying to help make it easier to spread the word and have more consistent schedules.

Will update this later with more information.

Edit: Below is the beginning of the original 2nd post -
      To what I would like this thread/topic to be. I'm unsure if there is enough interest or that there are better ways to get people who likes VF to get together and play. The plan is to update the original post for every VFer who regularly host room for regular gaming sessions.

What I would like is for those that would like to be included in the list to fill out some basic info:
      1. Region:
      2. Time:
      3. Type of Session:
      4. Players/Restrictions:
      5. Stream/Contact: if you plan to stream or how people wanting to join room can contact you.

I know Vfnumbers, Haya, @Blitzball Champ (Thursday Arena), and @Chanchai regularly make rooms.

@Harpooneer @Vencabot @Virtua Kazama @FightClubHuBBs are doing biweekly online tournaments... @Chief_Flash has been doing weekly Friday Flash Cups, not sure if you guys do weekly room gaming sessions?

===

As for this past Sunday, thanks to those that came to play and try casual league and team matches on Sunday:
      @VFnumbers
      @Tha_FeauchA
      @VFhayato
      Setsuna_X
      Hernan
      Archangel6910
      kyota_wuskers
      SanctusXXII
      iamtheone1983
      JudgementSix​
      League had a little hiccup, but overall I think it went well. Except for special occasions, I will try to continue this every Sunday, early afternoon. If there are enough people wanting to participate we can also try to set multiples room based on skill level/region/etc. But for now a single room...
      Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
    2. DomAug
      DomAug
      starting next week or so I'll resume my weekly room matches.

Region: North America (yellow connection or better preferred; I'm in Northeast PA)
      Time: Tuesdays, 9pm EST to ~11pm EST
      Type of Session: Room Match
      Players/Restrictions: All skill levels welcome, no hard restrictions since there are no stakes but I would encourage opponents with better connections.
      Stream/Contact: https://www.twitch.tv/domaug AND https://www.youtube.com/c/domaug Room ID and Password will be live when the room opens

I'm not as good as any of the names Akai shared but you can beat up on a Lion player and make him cry and complain live :)
      Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
      VFnumbers, VFhayato, Chanchai and 2 others like this.
    3. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      @Eddie has been running regular online sessions for Australian players on Friday evenings. He might be able to give more details.
      akai likes this.
    4. VFnumbers
      VFnumbers
      1. Region: NA (NorthEast)

2. Time: Dependent on Rotating Schedule that rotate/repeats as follows
      Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat, Sun on one week.
      Wed, Thurs only the following week.
      Sometimes I may start streaming/playing between 12pm to 5pm EST or 3pm to 9pm EST or 8pm to 12am EST
      Depends on my VF addiction :D

3. Type of Session: Rank, Room(with id and pw generally will be 8888), or Free Training Leifei discussion and lab.

4. Players/Restrictions: Anyone as long it's 3 and 4 bars. No wifi.

5.Stream/Contact:
      https://www.twitch.tv/VFnumbers
      Twitter: VFnumbers_
      Discord: VFnumbers
    5. akai
      akai
      Thanks to those posting so far!

I will have to figure a good way to organize the list in original post for something like VF numbers schedule :D
      Chanchai and VFnumbers like this.
    6. break
      break
      Taking a break from "serious" play this month,
      But will still hop online for room matches.

1. Region: North America (music city)
      2. Time: USA- Central Time (Wednesday 5:00pm~8:00pm)
      3. Type of Session: Room Match (5-slots with spectators and no password)
      4. Players: Anyone level 21 or lower (will kick or leave if too strong)
      5. Restrictions: High speed hardwired internet (need at least CAT7 or CAT8 cable connections)
      6. Contact: Message me here or on PSN (will block and report strong language)

I am a very weak player, and have shifted to a more casual level of play.
      So if I feel that the gap of skill is too wide for me to enjoy the session...
      Will often leave to create or join a different room.
      Personally burnt out from ranked matches and only interested in casual room sessions.

My Nintendo Switch Friend Code -- SW-3584-5726-8593
      Nintendo 3DS Friend Code -- 1864-9639-1699
      Discord ID -- break#4176
      STEAM ID -- breaktube
      Xbox ID -- Joe D Haze
      PSN -- breaktube
      Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
      VFnumbers and Chanchai like this.
    7. akai
      akai
      Are you doing everyday or is it just if you do play online that would be the time you will be making a room?
      break likes this.
    8. akai
      akai
      I updated the first post to what I think would be the easiest for people to view: a Weekly Schedule and Host's Information.

I am in game regularly on Sunday, but I have been slowly adding people I played that I have a good connection to into a PSN group chat "VF Midwest Good Connection" group. It seems midwest can get good connection to both coasts. If you are in the midwest and would like to be added into the group - you can message me here, twitter, or on PSN.

8 show up last weekend. Thanks for participating!
      VFnumbers
      Tha_FeauchA
      VFhayato
      Setsuna_X
      kyota_wuskers
      @Rodnutz
      shinseikieva_usa​

I will have a room again for gaming this Halloween 1 pm central.
      VFnumbers likes this.
    9. VFhayato
      VFhayato
      Lets go!
      VFnumbers and akai like this.
    10. akai
      akai
      Last Sunday, Halloween, thanks to those stopping by and playing
      @DK
      Setsuna
      Medina
      VFnumbers
      Harley
      @Tricky
      Hernan
      shinsekieva_eva
      Jason Elbow​
      The first time I made the room, I accidentally set connection restriction to 4, and at least one person could not find/search the room, even though the connection I have with that person is 4 bars. Not sure what that was about.

This upcoming Sunday, 1 PM central. I think I am going to set room for single elimination simultaneous play. Afterwards, I will remake room for simultaneous league play.
      Chanchai and Tricky like this.
    11. akai
      akai
      Thanks for playing on End of Daylight Savings Sunday afternoon! (Not sure of everyone's VFDC name to tag)
      nightriot95
      @grumace
      deethagee
      @Ares-olimpico (^_^)
      VFnumbers
      Setsuna_X
      @AdmiringMyHarley
      VFhayato
      @BlackGeneral
      generalripper114
      The_Feaucha
      @daRockReaper
      @Chanchai
      Single elimination was ok, but for a larger room, league play still seems the best option!

Each week, I've been trying different things to see what works well in additional to regular league play for North America.

Next week, regular league play as usual. But I also would like to try team format events/league. Seeing how the Japanese scene does a variety of team events it seems to be a great way to get people of different levels involved. So lets try out different formats for team events! Maybe we will find something that works well for North America and run a year long team team league next year.

So some formats to try out -
      - 3on3 Team Battle using Sega's Team Match Mode format. - Will try this out this upcoming Sunday. Need at least 2 teams of 3 members! People showing up on the day and time is welcome. Positive: Just use the mode already available within the game.

- 3on3 Team Battle using VFR style (Beat-Tribe) format. Play order determined after each match, with challenger allowed to choose stage. Positive: A format that have been played decades, can't go wrong with the format!

- Waseda Style format Team Battle - positive: all players on a team will get to play at least a match!

- Team events in which there is a "team max cap" - For example the sum of the three player levels on a team can't be greater than 100. positive: makes team matches a bit more equal.
      Chanchai likes this.
    12. Chanchai
      Chanchai
      1. Region: North America - Pacific Northwest (Portland, Oregon)

2. Availability:
        I am usually streaming late nights 2-3 late nights per week. Feel free to message me and try to arrange a late night session with me or book an appointment for a weekday morning ^_^

Usually 11:00pm - 3:00am PST Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday
        Sometimes 11:00pm - 3:00am PST Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday
        Sometimes Weekday Mornings 9:00am PST - 11:00am PST
      3. Type of Session: I usually stream Room Matches, happy to do anything!

4. Players/Restrictions:
        All skill levels welcome
        Willing to test connection with anyone (even internationally since I have had decent connections to Japan, Hawaii, and Mexico)
        Happy to Coach/Tutor/Practice/Compete/Anything

5. Contact:
      SuntoryMalt and akai like this.
    13. akai
      akai
      Thanks Chanchai! Updated first post.

Thanks for those playing in Sunday's room!
      Deethagee
      The_Feaucha
      VFnumbers
      VFhayato
      Did not had enough to try team at the end. So hopefully this Sunday 21st, we get more people to join room for matches and do team.
      VFhayato and Chanchai like this.
    14. break
      break
      Sorry for the delay, I have edited the post.
      Originally did not have a set day but would get online during those times.
      Will shoot for Wednesdays, really appreciate people messaging me on PSN.
      Have had a lot of nice games this month.
    15. akai
      akai
      Thanks to Setsuna_X, Drunk-Outworlder, and le-ang_yeoh for stopping by the room to play!

This upcoming Sunday I might not host a room, depending on family's plan for Thanksgiving weekend. Until next time!
      Chanchai likes this.
    16. akai
      akai
      Thanks for stopping by the room to play! :
      AdmiringMyHarley
      deethagee
      ahernan2013
      @JinKs81
      Blood_msk
      Ragingmars (from Russia!)

Maybe once in a while we should host a room for the entire world...Anything Goes VF or For the Love of VF!
    17. akai
      akai
      Thanks to those who show up and play!
      Sonicfan25
      Ares-olimpico
      Dark Nova Void
      VFnumbers
      Alwild
      The_Feaucha
      Grumace
      Jinks81
      Hernan

Some notes on hosting room - the connection bar restriction setting prevents some users from seeing the room in the lobby (even though they have better connection than what was supposed to be restricted.)

When the league is running, it appears to disappear from the lobby and is not searchable. So having the spectator option on is pointless as a way to let users join room and wait for league to end.
    18. akai
      akai
      A bit late, but thanks for playing in my room last Sunday!
      The_Feaucha,
      IceWizarrd
      WhiteLotuShogun

Afterwards went into Haya's pre-choya room for a bit to play.

I won't be hosting this Sunday after Christmas. So happy holidays and hope to see many playing VF next year!
      VFnumbers and jimi Claymore like this.
    19. akai
      akai
      A good start of VF in 2022 for me! Thanks to those stopping by the room to play:

Paul68kdmd
      IceWizarrd
      Grumpydoomfist
      Jinks81
      The_Feaucha
      WhiteLotuShogun
      yo_its_shakes
      Ifixmachine2021
      Phoenix_Force123

Got a long session with Paul and ran 4 leagues within 2-3 hours. My goal for hosting a room in 2022 - get a full 15-16 people to play together. Max size so far: 5
      Paul68kdmd, VFnumbers and ToyDingo like this.