1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Regular Online Playing Sessions

Discussion in 'PlayStation Network' started by akai, Oct 17, 2021.

By akai on Oct 17, 2021 at 12:47 PM
  1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    I think it is safe to say that outside of Japan, many players have had trouble finding matches quickly or have trouble finding people that you have a good connection with. Here, we are trying to make it easier for fellow VF players to network and play online.

If you regularly host rooms and have the common goal to play VF and spread the joy (and sometimes pain) of VF, please consider posting your info in this thread please!

Weekly Schedule
    Standard time headings in EST. The Local time zones of the host listed by their names.​
    Monday
    8:00 PM Eastern
    Gray Fox RJ - 8:00 PM EST - 10:30 PM EST(Brazil, South America)​
    11:45 PM Eastern
    KDQ|Bushido - 9:45 PM MST - 12:00 AM MST(Southwest, USA)​
    1 AM Eastern (Tuesday)
    Chanchai - 11 PM PST - 3AM PST (Northwest, USA)​
    Miscellaneous
    VFnumbers - See A Schedule (Northeast, USA)​

Tuesday
    6 PM Eastern
    Virtua Kazama - 6 PM Eastern, See Host Info (Northeast, USA)​
    9 PM Eastern
    Domaug - 9 PM Eastern to ~11 PM Eastern (Northeast, USA)​
    10:30 PM Eastern
    KDQ|Bushido - 8:30 PM MST to 11 PM MST (Southwest, USA)​
    1 AM Eastern (Wednesday)
    Chanchai - 11 PM Pacific - 3AM Pacific (Northwest, USA)​
    Miscellaneous

Wednesday
    1 AM EST (Thursday)
    Chanchai - 11 PM Pacific - 3AM Pacific (Northwest, USA)​
    Miscellaneous Times
    VFnumbers - See B Schedule (Northeast, USA)​

Thursday
    4:30 PM Eastern
    TeyFighters - 9:30 PM GMT +1 - 11:50 PM GMT +1 (Poland)​
    6 PM Eastern
    Virtua Kazama - 6 PM Eastern, See Host Info (Northeast, USA)​
    8:00 PM Eastern
    Gray Fox RJ - 8:00 PM Eastern - 10:30 PM Eastern (Brazil, South America)​
    Miscellaneous Times
    VFnumbers - See B Schedule (Northeast, USA)​

Friday
    Miscellaneous Times

Saturday
    Miscellaneous Times

Sunday
    12 PM Eastern
    Akai - 12 PM - 3 PM Central (Midwest, USA)​
    6 PM Eastern
    Virtua Kazama - 6 PM Eastern, Biweekly Tournament. See Host Info (Northeast, USA)​
    Miscellaneous Times

Hosts' Information
    Akai
    1. Region: Midwest North America
    2. Time: Weekly every Sunday. 12 PM Central Time is Minor League (sign-up). 1 PM Central Time is Open League. The password for Open League is always that day's date (MMDD).
    3. Type of Session: The regular schedule is simultaneous league matches.
    4. Players: For players in the North America region. Minor League please see details here.
    5. Contact:
    Chanchai
    1. Region: North America - Pacific Northwest (Portland, Oregon)
    2. Availability: I am usually streaming late nights 2-3 late nights per week. Feel free to message me and try to arrange a late night session with me or book an appointment for a weekday morning ^_^:
      • Usually 11:00pm - 3:00am PST Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday
      • Sometimes 11:00pm - 3:00am PST Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday
      • Sometimes Weekday Mornings 9:00am PST - 11:00am PST
    3. Type of Session: I usually stream Room Matches, happy to do anything!
    4. Players/Restrictions: All skill levels welcome
      • Willing to test connection with anyone (even internationally since I have had decent connections to Japan, Hawaii, and Mexico)
      • Happy to Coach/Tutor/Practice/Compete/Anything
    5. Contact:
    DomAug
    1. Region: North America (yellow connection or better preferred; I'm in Northeast PA)
    2. Time: Tuesdays, 9pm EST to ~11pm EST
    3. Type of Session: Room Match
    4. Players/Restrictions: All skill levels welcome, no hard restrictions since there are no stakes but I would encourage opponents with better connections.
    5. Contact: Room ID and Password will be live when the room opens
    Grey Fox RJ
    1. Region: South America - mostly Brazilians, but Spanish speakers are welcomed (yellow connection or better preferred). Make sure you are on wired
    2. Time: Casuals on Monday, 8pm EST to ~10:30pm EST (local +3 GMT), and League/Casuals on Thursdays same time
    3. Type of Session: Room Match / League Match.
    4. Players/Restrictions: All skill levels welcome on Monday, on the current beginner League running on Thursdays we seek more beginner/intermediate players, new on the game or that started some time ago.
    5. Contact: Room ID and Password will be live when the room opens
    KDQ|Bushido
    1. Region: North America - US Southwest (Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, AZ)
    2. Availability: Monday, and Tuesdays are the days we typically hold rooms. Lobby matches that cap out between 6 and 7 total players.
      • Monday's 945 MST - 12 AM MST
      • Tuesday's 830-1130 PM MST
    3. Type of Session: Open to all to come and give advice and work with us, we are beginner to intermediate players, the more the better!
    4. Players/Restrictions: All skill levels welcome
      East connections seems to be FLAWLESS with us in CO (have double checked w Isaak303, kdqlassassin, and others). We will take 2 bars from Japan if they're available as well! Basically willing to test out the connection!
    5. Contact:
    TeyFighters
    1. Region: Europe - Poland
    2. Availability: Thursday, 9:30-11:50 PM GMT +1
    3. Type of Session: Open Lobby (no password) - League Match
    4. Players/Restrictions: 16 players, all skill levels, no red bars plz, other than that everyone is welcome, we've had good connection with east coast before
    5. Contact:
    VFnumbers
    1. Region: NA (Northeast)
    2. Time: Dependent on Rotating Schedule that rotate/repeats as follows
      • A Schedule - Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat, Sun on one week.
      • B Schedule - Wed, Thurs only the following week.
      • Sometimes I may start streaming/playing between12pm to 5pm EST or 3pm to 9pm EST or 8pm to 12am EST (Depends on my VF addiction) :D
    3. Type of Session: Rank, Room(with id and pw generally will be 8888), or Free Training Leifei discussion and lab.
    4. Players/Restrictions: Anyone as long it's 3 and 4 bars. No wifi.
    5. Contact:
    Virtua Kazama
    2. Time: Streamed 1-2 sessions/week, depending on the Rotating Schedule posted on Twitter (All times Eastern):
      • Tuesday 6PM EDT
      • Thursday 6PM EDT
      • Sunday 6PM EDT (for Bi-Weeklies)
    3. Type of Session: Room Sessions (Room ID and Code are presented on stream and Social Media), Bi-Weekly tournaments. Also host classic VF sessions such as VF3tb and VF4FT.
    4. Players/Restrictions: All skill levels welcomed. Make sure you have good online connection. (However if you're competing in the Bi-Weekly, make sure you have a wired connection.)
    5. Contact:

Wired Connection preferred over Wireless Connection
    Please try to play the game on wired connection, instead of playing on wireless. It should lead to a better gaming experience not only for you, but also for your fellow players. If you switch between wired and wireless connection, you will have to also toggle the option on PS4 menu.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2022

Comments

Discussion in 'PlayStation Network' started by akai, Oct 17, 2021.

1. akai
      akai
      Thanks to all the April 24th participants!
      • BABBLE_6190
      • Big Willie_54
      • Billy_HatcherEGG
      • Chanchai
      • CreakyAxe386
      • Judah-Maccabeus
      • kungfusmurf
      • Setsuna_X
      • Silver_Ginza
      While the number of participants for the April 24th session was less compared to the previous 4 Sunday sessions, a consistent number of players play multiple leagues that day!

We are inching closer to my goal of getting 50% of the participants coming for at least a 2nd Sunday session. Right now it is at 46.5%. A factor for not reaching that goal faster is that each Sunday session we are continually getting players participating for the first time. After last Sunday's session, 71 players have participated in the league in 2022.

The next Sunday VF Open League session for North America is May 1st (password: 0501)

Sunday, May 8th is Mother's Day, so I will likely not run a league for that day.

Players04242022.jpg

Results042422.jpg
      Tha_FeauchA likes this.
    2. akai
      akai
      Later than normal, but thanks to those that participated in the May 1st Open League:
      • BlurringM
      • Chanchai
      • HotRod666
      • Jinks81
      • Judah-Maccabeus
      • killakilla321
      • Setsuna_X
      • ShagPSN
      • Silver_Ginza
      • Trickynot
      • TripleAAA_
      Also shout out to LDWells, Angerthemasses, and VFnumbers for showing up to the room to play some games before or after the league session!

73 players have participated in the 2022 league sessions with 48% of the players participating in more than one Sunday session.

After taking a break for Mother's Day, I will run the 14th Sunday VF Open League for North America on May 15th (password 0515). Barring anything unforeseen, we should hit 1000 matches played in these league sessions this weekend!

Players05012022.jpg

Results05012022.jpg
      Tha_FeauchA and Chanchai like this.
    3. akai
      akai
      May 15th Sunday Open League session participants. Thanks!
      • AngerTheMasses
      • banok
      • BigWillie_54
      • BlurringM
      • Chanchai
      • daRockReaper
      • King of Carnage (Judah-Maccabeus)
      • Kyleversatile
      • Koenraku (@Elite not sure if you prefern PSN tag or VFDC tag or something else when giving acknowledgement)
      • ShightFighter (shinsekieva_usa)
      • SNAKEEYEZ59
      • SRetroTV
      • Tricky
      • Vfnumbers
      • wellsfam08
      This is the 3rd time we had 16 participants playing in the session. If we ever get 17 or more...I will have to come up with a different way to acknowledge everyone that participates... Players05152022.jpg

Only got to run 3 leagues that day, but it was for a good reason: Best turnout since I kept record of the Sunday Open sessions! I ran two 9-player leagues and ended with a 11-player league--tied for the biggest single league I hosted which was in February before the Elden Ring phenomenon!

Results05152022.jpg

Two milestones were reached during that session:
      • 1000 league matches have been played within the fourteen Sunday Open Leagues. If things continue to show this slow upward growth in participation, we should hit 2000 matches in less sessions.
      • A stretch goal I had set a while back was to get 50% of the players that participated in the Sunday sessions to return back for at least a second Sunday Session. Currently, 76 players participated in the 2022 league sessions with 51% (39) of them returning to play for at least a second Sunday session.
      Setting these small stretch goals/milestones to reach helps motivate me to continue improving and hosting these sessions without burning out. Constructive feedback always welcome!

Lower Hanging Fruit Milestones to Reach: 80 different players to participate in the league session. Run a 12-player league.

Harder to reach Milestone (I think!?): End my streak of participating in the leagues. It is currently at 56 consecutive leagues. That would mean getting 16 players besides me to show up and play at the same time, preventing me from being able to join :D.

Also thanks to @Chanchai for the party chat during the stream (PS4 has quite a bit of neat features to help streaming)! When we are not playing in the league, we are trying out a format where we talk about various VF topics. In our first collaboration we chatted about the upcoming 1 year anniversary of VF5US and online/offline VF community. I will refer to these chats tentatively as the Chankai Pre-League, Post-League, or Intermission show :p .

The 15th Sunday League session for the North America region is May 22nd (password 0522). If Chanchai is available, the next VF topic relates to the positives and negatives of different event formats.
      Tha_FeauchA, Chanchai and ChiefGutti like this.
    4. akai
      akai
      A bit late, but thanks to last week's participants! First time to have 16 players for two consecutive Sundays:

banok
      BigWillie_54
      Billy_HatcherEGG
      Chanchai
      I_Am_Shidosha
      IceWizarrd
      ifixmachine2021
      jakejung
      Jinks81
      JPHD_11
      Judah-Maccabeus
      SFPunker
      SRKMacc
      Trickynot
      xRodnutzx

VFOpenLeagueCard015.jpg

Results05222022.jpg

Hosting again this Sunday, May 28, 2022 - Password is the MMDD of that Sunday: 0529 .
      Tha_FeauchA, Chanchai and JinKs81 like this.
    5. akai
      akai
      May 29th the 16th Sunday Open League Session: Thanks for your participation!
      • Agod_Io
      • Alwild81
      • banok
      • BigWillie_54
      • Billy_HatcherEGG
      • BlurringM
      • Chanchai
      • DollarYen
      • IceWizarrd
      • jakejung
      • KDQ|Bushido
      • killakilla321
      • kr-Shrine
      • Paul68kdmd
      • Rental Animator
      • SF Punker
      • Silver_Ginza
      • Vfnumbers
      016_05_29_2022.jpg
      The session had more than 16 people, so my regular template for the picture had to be adjusted. Picture template now adjusted for up to 32 people :D (I think that will be difficult to surpassed anytime soon!) That is three consecutive weekends of getting at least 16 participants.

Results052922.jpg
      • Number of unique participants so far this year (2022) - 85 (~53% attended at least a 2nd session)
      • Largest league size: Technically 15, but 12 if we only consider everyone that stayed till the end)
      • My ongoing streak for playing in my own league: 62 (Help me end my streak by participating in the league please)
      The 17th Open League Session is June 5th, 2022, starting at 1 PM CDT. Password 0605 (MMDD)
      Tha_FeauchA, VFnumbers and Chanchai like this.
    6. Paul68kdmd
      Paul68kdmd
      Thanks for the summary, Akai!

Akai’s thumbnail in the 16th looks quite NSFW lol
      akai likes this.
    7. akai
      akai
      Get your head out of the gutter!

...anyways, thanks to those that participated in the 17th Sunday Open League Session, on the first weekend of June!
      • Alwild81
      • BlazeThaKiiD
      • BoringFernie
      • Comrade_Curd (Brussel_BT)
      • DollarYen
      • grumpyguy4vr
      • Ifixmachine2021
      • JustFRAMEshawty
      • kr-Shine
      • RentalAnimator
      • Setsuna_X
      • SFPunker
      • ShagPSN
      • shinobizZXx (ogamiittolago)
      • shinseikieva_usa (Shightfighter)
      • Silver_Ginza
      • SNAKEEYEZ59
      Also thanks for stopping by jakejung, generalripper, and icewizarrd (before and after league play).

This makes it four consecutive open league sessions of getting 16 participants! I took 2 weekends off to spend with family, so hopefully we did not lose momentum and can keep the streak going with the 18th Open League Session - June 26th, PW 0626.
      017_06_05_2022.jpg

Results060522.jpg

Another way to think of these League sessions, its like everyone is having their own personal kumite. So the more people showing up the more variety everyone gets to experience (barring the netcode gods are mean-spirited that day)!
      Chanchai and Tha_FeauchA like this.
    8. akai
      akai
      Thanks to everyone that participated last week, June 26th session. At the end of the first half of 2022, 91 players have participated in the VF5US Sunday Open League sessions. 56% participated in 2 or more sessions. Hopefully the 2nd half of 2022 is a bright one for VF and the Sunday sessions!
      • banok
      • BigWillie_54
      • BlurringM
      • BoringFernie
      • Chanchai
      • Csha73
      • DudeLookItsKyle
      • kr-Shine
      • Medina_Rico
      • Rental Animator
      • Setsuna_X
      • SFPunker
      • Vfnumbers
      018_06_26_2022.jpg

Results062622.jpg

The 19th Sunday Open League session for July 3rd - PW 0703
    9. akai
      akai
      July 4th weekend participants, thank you very much!
      • BlurringM
      • BoringFernie
      • Chanchai
      • Csha73
      • DudeLookItsKyle
      • HotRod666
      • jakejung
      • Medina_Rico
      • Paul68kdmd
      • SFPunker
      • throwbreak

Also thanks to Silver GInza and Jimi Claymore for stopping by in the room.
      019_07_03_2022.jpg

Results070322.jpg

We now have over 60% of the 91 participants coming back to play in the Sunday Open League Sessions at least for a second time. 35% of participants have played in three or more weekend sessions.

1st quarter of 2022: We averaged 11.4 players per session with 5.7 players per league.

2nd quarter of 2022: We averaged 14.9 players per session with 8.1 players per league.

The 20th Sunday Open League session is July 10th - PW 0710
    10. Virtua Kazama
      Virtua Kazama
      Virtua Kazama
      2. Time: Streamed 1-2 sessions/week, depending on the Rotating Schedule posted on Twitter (All times Eastern):
        • Tuesday 6PM EDT
        • Thursday 6PM EDT
        • Sunday 6PM EDT (for Bi-Weeklies)
      3. Type of Session: Room Sessions (Room ID and Code are presented on stream and Social Media), Bi-Weekly tournaments. Also host classic VF sessions such as VF3tb and VF4FT.
      4. Players/Restrictions: All skill levels welcomed. Make sure you have good online connection. (However if you're competing in the Bi-Weekly, make sure you have a wired connection.)
      5. Contact:
      Chanchai, jimi Claymore and akai like this.
    11. akai
      akai
      I updated the first post with the info. Thanks!

Also, as I want to keep the list up-to-date as much as possible, please let me know if there are any major changes to the list above. I hope we can have more people run/host room at set times so that anyone looking for an online match won't sit idling in a queue!

Also, the 20th Sunday Open League session participants (July 10th) thanks!
      • Chanchai
      • daRockReaper
      • DollarYen
      • forgedbylag420
      • HIMAJEAN_ZERO
      • jakejung
      • Jinks81
      • Medina_Rico
      • MinorRig
      • RentalAnimator
      • Setsuna_X
      • SFPunker
      • SRetroTV
      • TakeItInBlood84
      • Trickynot
      • wellsfam08
      I am out of town so I hope to get the usual images completed Saturday evening or Sunday morning. Next Sunday League session is July 17th! Password 0717.
    12. Mister
      Mister
      I'd like to add TeyFighters to the list. They play and stream VF regularly on Thursday from 8PM (GMT +1) usually for at least 2 hours.
      akai and Tha_FeauchA like this.
    13. akai
      akai
      Thanks, I will update first post later, but can you make it a little bit easier on me and filled out more information (or does TeyFighters have an account on VFDC I can reached out for them to fill out more info?).

..and last week's participants and top 3 finishers of the four leagues.
      020_07_10_2022.jpg

Results071022.jpg
    14. Mister
      Mister
      Sure
      This is the twitch link: https://www.twitch.tv/teyfighters
      And is hosted by Havoc and Wave87Man (IDK if they have an account here, I think i saw Havoc but can't remember the exact name).
      akai likes this.
    15. Paul68kdmd
      Paul68kdmd
      Nice statistical analysis, doc!
      akai likes this.
    16. HavocWingPLZG
      HavocWingPLZG
      Here is our updated information:

TeyFighters
      Region: Europe - Poland
      Availability: Thursday, 9:30-11:50 PM GMT +1
      Type of Session: Open Lobby (no password) - League Match
      Players/Restrictions: 16 players, all skill levels, no red bars plz, other than that everyone is welcome, we've had good connection with east coast before
      Stream: Twitch - TeyFighters
      Twitter: @HavocWing; @fala871
      PSN ID: HavocWingPLZG
      Discord: https://discord.gg/WUZMBghm
      Mister and akai like this.
    17. akai
      akai
      Thanks Havoc for the info. The first post of the thread is updated.

Those listed on the first post, please feel free to post updates/summaries in this thread so that we can make the list as useful as possible for the community.

Also, those not on the list and wants to be on the list, please post the info requested.
      Mister likes this.
    18. akai
      akai
      July 17th Particpants, thank you!
      • AaLyixxGoRawrrr (ToKy0_R1sing)
      • banok
      • BlurringM
      • Chanchai
      • Csha73
      • Dark_Nova_Void
      • DRE_Fei
      • forgedbylag
      • kr-Shine
      • Medina_Rico
      • Paul68kdmd
      • sharkyanderson
      • shinseikieva_usa
      • TakeItInBlood
      Kingofcarnagevf and Sonicwin1778 (GenesisFrenzy) also participated, but I was not able to get a picture before they left the league.

021_07_17_2022.jpg

Top 3 Results
      Results071722.jpg

Starting 7/24 Sunday League very soon. Password 0724
    19. akai
      akai
      Thanks for playing on July 24th weekend!
      • Archangel6910
      • Blood_msk
      • BlurringM
      • Dark_Nova_Void
      • DollarYen
      • grumace
      • killakilla321
      • Kingofcarnagevf
      • Medina_Rico
      • Setsuna_X
      • SFPunker
      • shinobizZXx
      • Silver_Ginza
      • SNAKEEYEZ59
      • ZenJediMaster
      Need to get some emergency repair done to property, so I will unfortunately not host Sunday's Open League session.
    20. akai
      akai
      Very late, but completed from Sunday League 3 weeks ago.
      022_07_24_2022.jpg

Top 3 Results:
      Results072422.jpg

Back to hosting a Sunday League session today: PW 0814