1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

request to japanese speaking people (help!)

Discussion in 'General' started by Two_Bit_Mage, May 24, 2003.

1. Two_Bit_Mage

Two_Bit_Mage Well-Known Member

My grandfather recently recovered from surgery, hes doing much better but he isnt trying hard to walk and excercise, nor to take his medicine. He may not do well for much longer so I wish to encourage him.

my family is pure japanese and my grandfather wishes to go back to japan before he dies, my plan is to buy a calligraphy brush and paint on a scroll in the hospital room. something like

"please get better grandpa or I cant take you to japan!"
    or
    "take your medicine and excercise or I cant take you japan!" (or something along those lines)

I can write hiragana and katakana just fine but I would probably like to use some kanji to fancy it up a bit, so I need some help to get the write words, and to get some characters to use

your help is much oblidged

2. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

The all around general "get well" greeting is:
    "Odaiji ni"
    I'm typing on Linux (EUC encding) so I don't know if it'll show up, but:
    ‚¨‘厖‚É
    It's so standard, if you have a slight cold, you'll get an odaiji ni, and adversly, if you have amoebic dissentry (like I had) you'll also get an odaiji ni. You would NOT use this for cancer, or an incurable disease.

As for the other part.
    It'd look something like
    _____shinai to nihon he ikemasen (or something like that). I don't think they'd use "can't take you" in this scenario.

How about this:
    Front of the card (unopened):
    ‚¨‘厖‚É (Get better)
    Then he opens the card:
    ‚»‚¤‚µ‚È‚‚¢â€šÃ†â€œÃºâ€“{‚ÖÂÂs‚¯‚Ü‚¹‚ñ(If you don't, you can't go to Japan)

3. DuoWing

DuoWing Active Member

now in response to what you said shouldn't it be ikimasen instead of ikemasen?

4. HIGHplanzDrifter

HIGHplanzDrifter Well-Known Member

no, ikimasen means won't go, ikemasen means can't go =) besides the fact that negative verb +to+ followed by negative potential verb is a set phrase meaning if you don't ( ) then you can't ( ).

5. DuoWing

DuoWing Active Member

Oh well I don't know enough Japanese yet, so Ya know