1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Rersing Kage f,f G+P+K and f,f K+G

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Shadowdean, Dec 30, 1999.

1. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Are Kage's f,f K+P+G, and his f,f K+G {or is it P+K...I get confused} reversable?

2. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Shadowdean, your parents must be very unhappy to have created such poor thing as you... to answer your question, YES, Kage's catapult & corkscrew kicks can be reversed... by PIKACHU! :p

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Re: Rersing?

GLCs famous "Check the FAQs you bastard" springs to mind. But seriously, Shadowdean, how can you ask such a trivial question as this? I can understand and tolerate a newbie asking such a question (only just), but you've been around for a long time, surely you could demonstrate a little resourcefulness on your part?

The answer to your question is, no, they cannot be rersed (sic) in VF3.

__
    m y k e
    how ya gonna win when ya ain't right within?

4. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Dude..just asking a question - I never saw it addressed in any faq, and virtuaproject is down anyways. But thanks for your time.
    And GLC - I love you 2.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

6. Guest

Guest Guest

One thing most of you who jumped on Shadowdean missed: Just because something is listed in a FAQ or at some website doesn't make it true. I think I've pointed this out several times in some of my posts. In fact, some of my posts dealt specifically with moves whose reversability or lack of reversability were listed incorrectly on one or more websites. This is not a knock on those websites, just a way to say I don't see anything wrong in checking with this site to get an answer to a question directly from the players themselves. And the FAQ that "Anonymous" went to is an OB FAQ anyway. Though in this case the information is still accurate, there are many other things in that FAQ that do not hold in VF3tb.
    Happy New Year to all, imashroom

7. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

There's a really basic for reversability in VF. Any strike that involves more than one limb cant be reversed. Any move that follows a full circular pattern cant be reversed. No rising attacks can be reversed. No TA attacks can be reversed. No "big jump attacks" can be reversed. No attacks involving body parts other than the arms and legs can be reversed (2 exceptions: Akira's b,f P+K+E, Shun's K at the end of the F+P... strings i.e. F+P,K F+P,P,K etc.) I think that's it.

8. nxw0016

nxw0016 Well-Known Member

Not only they can not be reversed, f,f P+K+G can not even be blocked, it can only be dodged.

9. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Not only they can not be reversed, f,f P+K+G can not even be blocked, it can only be dodged.

<hr></blockquote>

I'm not sure where you're getting your information from but by merely pulling down on the joystick and blocking *low*, one can easily block Kage's ff+P+K+G.

cheers,

<font color=white> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=white>

10. Guest

Guest Guest

:: No TA attacks can be reversed.::

This is wrong. Just check the Virtua Project site, and you'll find out that the TA attacks done by Jacky, Sarah and Aoi can all be reversed.

::2 exceptions: Akira's b,f P+K+E, Shun's K at the end of the F+P... strings i.e. F+P,K F+P,P,K etc.)::

This is also wrong. Shun's K at the end of the f+P strings can't be reversed. Again, check with VP.

Wolfstudent

11. nxw0016

Ok, I know here is the confusion. Actually, ffP+K+G is considered "high attack", therefore if you press "low", you can crouch and then Kage will fly over. Try crouching without holding the G, you will not be hit. That is why I said it can be "dodged", but not "blocked".

Same way as one of Wolf's move. (can't think of its command right now) Wolf runs forward and uses his arm knock your neck down. This move is unblockable, but can be dodged by crouching.

Anyway, Kage's f,f P+K+G is only used by AI, it has not too much value in a human vs human battle.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

::Ok, I know here is the confusion. Actually, ffP+K+G is considered "high attack", therefore if you press "low", you can crouch and then Kage will fly over. Try crouching without holding the G, you will not be hit. That is why I said it can be "dodged", but not "blocked".::

The confusion comes also from using the word dodged, which refers to using the E button. I think you meant to say it can be "ducked."

::Same way as one of Wolf's move. (can't think of its command right now)::

The command is f+P+E.

::This move is unblockable::

But it does only half damage if you block it.

::Anyway, Kage's f,f P+K+G is only used by AI, it has not too much value in a human vs human battle.::

I'm not by any means an expert, but I use it against slow recovering attacks that miss or get blocked. Also, occasionally against someone who is rising from the ground and not crouching. I've gotten good results so far. Maybe it's just the level at which I play -- we're all pretty new to the game.

Wolfstudent

13. Guest

Guest Guest

:: No TA attacks can be reversed.::

:::This is wrong. Just check the Virtua Project site, and you'll find out that the TA attacks done by Jacky, Sarah and Aoi can all be reversed.:::

Oh yeah -- Lau also has TA attacks that can be reversed.

Wolfstudent

14. nxw0016

Yes, I should have not used the word "dodge". Though in my mind I meant "duck"..... "dodge" sounds same as "escape", the E button.

By the way, if opponent's slow recovery attack is blocked or missed, I always choose to throw
    , using TFT, taking almost half of his life away. If opponent starts to escape the TFT, try some other throw, such as 3P+G followed by 3K (ground attack), damage is 63. Or, if hitting is preferred, try 2K+G followed by 66K (use this after blocking a big low attack), damage is around 60's . Either way, I think it has more damage than ff P+K+G, and it has lower risk.

15. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

Now, I know there are some things, I'm not to sure about, but before I go off blindly saying I was wrong, let me say one thing. Have you tried reversing the TAs yourself? While the guys compilation over at Virtua Project is staggering, I believe it's still in stages of growing and being posted. I noticed one thing off the bat, though. NO crescent moves facing front or TA can be reversed by anyone. Aoi can inashi them, but no one can reverse them for a damage reversal. With this thought in mind, use VP as a good sounding board, but always try it out yourself. I'll check em in the next couple of days myself, but in the few years I've been playing, I've never seen anyone counter a TA in VF2 or VF3, in any version of either. You may well be able to, but I still haven't seen it, so I may have just assumed that you couldn't.

BTW, Llan or KB, what type of font is that on VP anyway? I had to decrease my resolution in order to read the pages because the text was so narrow. My problem with my monitor/card or is it just the font?

16. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

Re: VP font size

Actually it seems to be a problem with Netscape's idea of point sizes. In IE the sizing is correct. In Netscape it seems to render the font much smaller than it should be. I'm trying to come up with a solution that's readable by Netscapers, but not super huge for IEers.

cheers,

<font face="Arial, Helvetica" color="#3366ff">kbcat</font>

17. Guest

Guest Guest

f,f+P+K+G can be guarded Low, it is not unblockable. Kage flies over only if he does it in short distance and oppt is ducking. And yes it is useful in VS matches, it catches dodger surprisingly well and beat a lot of option select techniques.

18. nxw0016

:: f,f+P+K+G can be guarded Low, it is not unblockable. Kage flies over only if he does it in short distance and oppt is ducking. And yes it is useful
    in VS matches, it catches dodger surprisingly well and beat a lot of option select techniques. ::

Ok, at the end of ffP+K+G, it goes low, that is right. However Kage is already super dead meat when this happens. (e.g. get ready to be SPoD'ed by Akira)
    Personally I don't like to use it, too risky. A lot of situation, it can be replaced by other moves. Maybe, in some option select condition, ffP+K+G may do something, but just don't be caught by your opponent.

19. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

Kage's f,f++P+K+G

Personally I don't like to use it, too risky. A lot of situation, it can be replaced by other moves. Maybe, in some option select condition, ffP+K+G may do something, but just don't be caught by your opponent.

I will occasionally use it up close after a senbon during a good rush with Kage. It's a nice finish when you think your rush is coming to an end, and it gives you a chance to back out of the way of a rising kick, or to a chance to do some okizeme. (<font size=-2>Everybody tries to clobber kage with a rising kick after that move because they think he is so vulnerable, which is true if the move was blocked.</font>)

cheers,

<font face="Arial, Helvetica" color="#3366ff">kbcat</font>