1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Results of the first Singapore PS2 Tournament

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Genie47, Feb 23, 2002.

1. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Genie, Alan,

I got my EMS adapter yesterday, would it be possible to email the whole bunch to me? feixaq@pobox.com

Since the replay files are all pretty small, I really don't mind grabbing all of them, even the ones that might be a little constrained because of tournament pressure. There might be some interesting nuggets even in the most seemingly mundane of them.

Also, if you are converting the showcase matches to DivX 4 AVI, I can set up an upload account on my FTP server for you, and then we can serve the SG tourney clips off VF4fx. Let me know if this is something that might interest you.

-- Chris

2. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

Hi hi mi wilson... in school rite now(project semester).

Just want to say tat. Gratz to the winner Alan.

the bad thing abt the tourney is i didn't get to play against alot of pple like kiat, alan, my bro, and some others. I can't remember who. And there is alot of waiting but it's rather funny to see some of those pple cracking jokes.

My sarah is rather weak(played 200+ games vs my bro). I am pretty much into learning alot of characters this days. Trying to get my Vanessa to 'qie' alan's vanessa hehehe. Currently training vanessa's backstagger combo. just found out how at danny's house tat night. My bro is training his jacky's backstagger combo too. Hopefully he can succeed in it. Cos it's damnnnnnnnn hard compared to lei fei's timing.

Ps. Alan should have treated us to dinnerrrrr. I think danny, littlewild will agree to this too hehe.

3. SG-Lion

SG-Lion Well-Known Member

First of all, I would really want to give a BIG THANK YOU to genie for taking the effort,time,water ( I heard the water tank goes empty at the end of the tourney /versus/images/icons/smile.gif ) and food to organize this tourney at his house. "THANK YOU" /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

About the tournament, I do have my share of fun. All the talking,concentration and tactics that players put into action. I do look forward in any future tourney.

Last but not least, congratulation on Alan's Vanessa (he should use the Van's machine-gun to shoot us, much more efficient, haa haa haa).

SG-Lion /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

4. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

But alan very poor thing.. Got problem against Jacky. Maybe WE should treat him dinner haha.

5. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i guess so. getting killed by pk, k , shuffle step. i need to learn tat too hehe. And abuse alan until he can block it /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

6. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

Next time when I organize, you all better bring drinks. Consider it as fee /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

BTW, I had a review of the system used. Can do with a little improvement. BTW, the release of VF NTSC/UC will be out sometime in Mar. So there will be more homegrown talent! I've checked with Gamersquare. Most are very keen but some are fearful of us expert player so don't dare to come. I will encourage them. If all goes well, we may see another tournament coming up at my place again!

7. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

200+ games vs human competition, that is quite a lot. even my Vanessa have only like 400 vs err kumite.

Dunno why you people like backstagger combo so much. I mean the effort spend into learning this will be useless once people decide that they do not want to die so early and not TR.

where got dinner? I never even win anything. Next time we should have an entry fee and give it to the winner. Then winner can treat dinner /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

8. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

sometimes i just get the 'kick' to learn everything..... don't know abt u but i think it's fun when u can do everything tat is possible in a character even though some moves/combos might not be useful against certain pple or situations.

!!!! ur ba wang vanessa won a item from zhifeng's shun mahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. danny13

Alan, after fooling around with back stagger a little, i agree that backstagger is useless if your opponent knows it. I feel that if you learn it and do it once in awhile, you may catch them off guard. For akira, if you don't techroll after crumbing, i can do other moves to damage you still.

10. kiat

kiat Member

Backstagger is very good! I like!!!!!!
    Opponent dun TR can do lots of ground combos! If opponent recover on spot can throw them! Discourage pple to TR but still can do decent damage! TR from certain wall combos also can do backstagger..........leifei has a handful! I think akira also have. Danny got try the deep bodycheck????

That day never play with wilson's sarah! Also a lot of stance! Scary! Next time AMK.

11. Genie47

Now learning the TR > escape > throw escape > guard to defeat Leifei backstagger /versus/images/icons/smile.gif Practising how to chase down TR people to press on attack or throw.

12. danny13

Genie, you can't use that to escape backstagger as backstagger is unescapeable. The only thing you can do is don't techroll or use quick get up.

13. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

the backstagger actually hits when u are in the techrolling animation if u see it carefully.... i don't think u can do anything at all during ur techroll. unless u figure a way to cancel it or something /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

14. Genie47

This topic should go into Virtua Fighter forum. I will post a question there. I have also some scenarios to ask as well.