1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Retro match videos

Discussion in 'General' started by Tsuujin, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Tsuujin

Tsuujin Well-Known Member

Hello everyone, for those of you who don't know me, I'm Ryan Hart and I used to live VF. Yes, not play, live! hahaha Eat, sleep, dream, grind, think, subconsciously think, then consciously think some more. I think I even called my boss at work Jeffry once when he said he'd been swimming with Sharks. :/ I do have my moments.

In any case, I'm back on here as I've found some super old match replays from all over the world. Singapore, USA, Japan, Korea, UK, France, Sweden, Germany, Holland and some other countries too. I think it's around 500-1000 match replays across multiple PS2 memory cards.

My first question here is, is there actually any interest to watch old high level VF4 vids? I'm asking as it's a lot of work to upload all of this so want to check interest before I go ham for no reason.

Second question is what is the best recommendation for how to get all these PS2 replays onto a PC and uploaded? Sitting there and loading these up on the PS2 to be captured one by one feels like it will take forever so was just wondering if there was a quicker way, but I don't see how that could be possible actually :/

I also have quite a few deep stories regarding my global VF adventures that I will probably be sharing in a podcast if you guys want.

So yeah.

Hope you all are well during these unsure times. Please be safe!

Peace
    Ryan

Blessy, Pai~Chun, gido and 6 others like this.
  2. Thesch28

Thesch28 Well-Known Member

Wow, Ryan Hart! I've heard lots nice things about you and VF4! It would be great to have those VF4 replays online in good quality! if it isn't too much of a problem, i would recommend you to upload the replays at 60FPS with a HD 4:3 aspect ratio if possible something like "1440x1080" although "960x720" would be ok too.
    Youtube compression really screws up the quality of anything that isn't HD.

I'm completely sure there's a good number of people who would be interested in having these VF4 replays uploaded, they would be a pretty good resource for learning some cool stuff from VF4 also a good way to show VF4 to those who aren't familiar with it.
    I don't think there is a quick way to record the replays, so yeah you will have to sit there waiting also don't forget to press "SELECT" at the start of each round to hide the replay options, i know it's tons of work but i'm sure it'll be worth it.

By the way, what happened with that interview with Yu Suzuki you made?
    Anyways, thanks for visiting VFDC again and please try to say safe dude.

beanboy likes this.
  3. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Welcome back! I definitely think there would be interest in the old replays if you can find a way to upload them. If you can't find a quicker way to upload, maybe even just a curated list would a solution? Just upload your favourites or the ones you think would be most interesting.

beanboy likes this.
  4. lordraptor

lordraptor Member

THE Ryan Hart? nice! I take it your channel on YouTube is RyanHartTV right? if you're planning on uploading more VF videos, I'll make sure to subscribe right now.

5. gido

gido Well-Known Member

Cool! Nice to be chatting with the legend himself. Yea I loved to see some high level VF4.

6. Tsuujin

Tsuujin Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies guys, yes that's my YouTube channel so I'll be uploading to that page :)

I'll post here again once I've started uploading in a few days. Take care and stay safe everyone.

gido and Thesch28 like this.
  7. Blessy

Blessy Moderator / -10 is just Nitaku Staff Member Content Manager Goh Bronze Supporter Content Manager Aoi Tournament Manager

Yo, I know this thread is old but there's definitely interest still there, lots of love for VF4 even now.

beanboy likes this.
  8. Blessy

Blessy Moderator / -10 is just Nitaku Staff Member Content Manager Goh Bronze Supporter Content Manager Aoi Tournament Manager

Would be hella interested in that podcast too if it ever got released