1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Revenge of the Sith

Discussion in 'General' started by RandomHajile, May 19, 2005.

1. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

did u think it was good or bad?

as i was watching it i was thinking it could be the best of the prequles but the rushed shitness that was the ending made me realise that star wars was a killed with the force a long long time ago (whenin 1999 qui gon said the force was mediclorents not "spirit")

it did look and sound good tho....

2. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

It sucked, of course.

George Lucas did something completely revolutionary with Star wars, he kept ownership. Everything that came after, the toys, the cups, the toilet paper, was a side effect of the movie. Now, insane and rich the movie is the side effect of the lucrative toy business and it shows. Too bad.

RotS was better than the others but not by much and with so many cop outs and a huge "wow, really painted myself into a corner there. no problem, no one really cares at this point anyway" vibe that even before the movie is half through you really are just looking for the exit.

I never expected him to recreate or carbon copy the first trilogy, that would be asinine but I certainly thought he'd read his own source material and maybe hire a decent writer.

Oh well,

GE

3. GodEater

4. Vith_Dos

Vith_Dos Well-Known Member

Well I can see that I am proably gonna be alone here, but I enjoyed the movie a lot. I see this turning into another matrix discusssion so let me list some ups and downs.

<font color="red"> :Spoilers: </font>

Ups:
    Yoda holds it down.
    The Scenes with the Sidious and Anakin were actually interesting to listen to.
    Mace holds it down (a little)
    Everybody dies.
    And a bunch of other interesting story elements.

downs:
    Darth vader's "Noooo" blew ass sideways.
    Didnt get to see much of any of the other jedi's around the galaxy
    Grevious was actually a better character in the cartoon than in the movie
    The ending was a bit drawn out

Well thats it for me. I still give this movie a 4 out of 5 for being just a little short of a perfect movie.

<font color="red"> Mumyo Jinpu-Ryu Satsu Jin Ken
    *Flame Shield Activated* </font>

5. DissMaster

DissMaster Well-Known Member

I saw the movie. It was ten times better than the last two and represents a return to what made the originals good. This from a guy who ranks "Phantom Menace" as possibly the worst movie ever made.

I would rank it the third best Star Wars movie. It is definitely better than Jedi.

Of course there are corny aspects to it, but they are corny in the same campy way that the original movies were. Moments that are too intense turn into extremely sincere camp.

The best example was, in fact, Darth Vader breaking out of his restraints Frankenstein style and screaming "NOOOO!!!!" That struck me as very funny.

The scenes between Padme and Anakin are mercifully short. The CGI looks great (With the exception of closeups of Yoda's face for which I think they should have used a puppet). The fight scenes are great.

The rumor is that Lucas actually brought in outside writing talent. It shows. The corny moments in this movie made me smile or laugh whereas the other two prequels had moments so bad they made me cringe.

If you like the old Star Wars movies at all, go see Episode III. It was the most fun I've had at the movies in a long time.

(The movie also scores points by serving as a (not so eloquent or clever) critque of GW Bush's America)

6. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

My favorite: Jar Jar short & sweet w/ no talking /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Oh I'd already saw the movie @ home before seeing it again @ the theaters w/ the VF gang, so thumbs up for me. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

7. tzgorr1

tzgorr1 Well-Known Member

**************SPOILER ALERT*******************

Two things have been bothering me and maybe you guys can answer this for me.

1. Palpatine/D.Sidius was faking in the fight against Mace Windu, right? I understood this as Sidius was pretending to lose to Mace Windu to get sympathy from Annakin. No way that Sidius would lose to Mace Windu if he can hold his own easily against Yoda.

2. Why did the electric attack by Sidius on Mace Windu drain him so much so that he became shrivelled up and old? That attack should have drained him THAT much. Count Dooku used that same electricity attack against Yoda and nothing happened! NO WAY that Mace Windu could have drained that much out of Sidius when that same electric attack had NO effect on Count Dooku when he did it on Yoda himself.

**************SPOILER ALERT*******************

8. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    I thought his face shrivelled up because they were so close together and the lightning thing was melting his face. Maybe not though.....

9. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

Better than Jedi.

Obi Wan & the emperor (playing a kind of obi wan to anakin's luke) deliver.

The opera scene is just too dope. Anakin's orgin & final phase of seduction should rank on any fan's list of kickass star wars moments.

Parallel fights of yoda/emperor & anakin/obi wan was nice.

R2 does all this shit he never could in the old movies but who cares. R2 is a beast.

The sweeping and systematic jedi murders rocked.

The move anakin put on dukuu was gorgeous.

Put all the cool stuff together and at the end of the day, there's nothing as lame as the ewoks or those troll mutherfuckers guarding jabba's palace or the rancor fight or Lando being a mutherfucking general. General Grevious comes close perhaps and then there was again a fair amount of whackting and a pick-up-the-pieces ending but I'm gonna see it for the third time soon. The opera scene is killer.

10. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    I'm guessing the shriveled face was his normal appearance. I'm thinking he was able to use his powers to disguise himself as Palpatine. This is similar to how Anakin's eyes did not remain yellow after their first transformation.

I liked the scene where Palpatine could conveniently reveal himself to the senate as Sidious (after the Windu fight).

11. tzgorr1

tzgorr1 Well-Known Member

I like that woman in the white dress at the opera. She was STACKED!!!!!!!!111

12. RagingSilver

RagingSilver Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    SgtRamrod said:
    The best example was, in fact, Darth Vader breaking out of his restraints Frankenstein style and screaming "NOOOO!!!!" That struck me as very funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao, I thought that was funny too. If woulda been more dramatic if he fell to one knee and punched the floor or something. I liked the movie more than the previous two.

Shame the fight ended so quickly like it did between OB1 and Ani. I was rather disapointed in that.

To think, Ani wouldn't have gone to the Dark side if Yoda taught OB1 about immortality and then taugh it to Ani, lol.

Silly, Yoda is, hmmm.

13. Aoimaster

Aoimaster Well-Known Member

Im I the only one that was die'in to get out of the movie after the first half hour. I thought the movie was very lame. Its not that I dont like star wars or sci fi, I just got bored with the whole story.

14. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

after the first half hour - maybe. but as soon as the betrayals of the jedis started, i was totally into it.

15. GodEater

not at all. The movie sucked. bad acting, bad dialogue, bad directing....complete barf.

Watching the retarded Jedi's get cut down by clones with lasers was the only highlight since I was very determined that a group of people that stupid should not be allowed to live.

Complete waste.

GE

16. MAXIMUM

MAXIMUM Well-Known Member

I though it was on par with the other two movies - in other words pretty poor. Lord knows why this film has been hyped as the best of the trilogy. It suffered from the exact same flaws of the other two films - wooden dialog, constant scene jumping, battles with no sense of danger or urgency (you know Obi wan and co survive so what's the point) and a terrible main lead.

This film also contained some of the most contrived action scenes of any Star Wars movie. The chase scene with Obi wan on the lizard creature looked like it was ripped straight from some lame videogame, and don't get me started on the cheesy light sabre duel between Anakin and Obi Wan in the fire planet (Lord of the RIngs influence perhaps? Oh, let me think...).

Revenge of the sith producer 1: "Hey guys, wouldn't it be cool if we made one of the mining platforms just collapse right in the middle of the battle for no apparent reason?"

Revenge of the sith producer 2: "Yea, great idea, that way we can introduce yet more pointless CGI trickery involving the theme of fire!!"

Fuck off you cheesy bastards.

17. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

"and don't get me started on the cheesy light sabre duel between Anakin and Obi Wan in the fire planet (Lord of the RIngs influence perhaps? Oh, let me think...)."

The whole fight scene was improbable. Lava? Hello?

18. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I liked the movie. It was much better then the first two, and actually made me want to rewatch the first trilogy all over again.

This is how I figured the Mace Windu vs. Palpatine fight...Mace Windu is just that much of a powerful jedi. He does seem to be the leader of the Jedi council, and I assume that implies a degree of ability. Note how when Palpatine did the lightning thing Mace Windu was able to block it on reaction with his sabre despite being quite close to Palpatine. Yoda, on the other hand, was much further away and still hit. Through Mace Windu, Palpatine was able to show that the Jedi council did indeed want to take over the Senate by executing him without due process. That was what spurred Anakin to cross the line.

The thing that really bothered me about this movie was the ending to the Anakin vs. Obi Wan fight. C'mon..."It's over, I have the high ground"??? What kind of crap is that?

19. GodEater

[ QUOTE ]
    I liked the movie. It was much better then the first two, and actually made me want to rewatch the first trilogy all over again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I encourage any one who liked the new movies to do this. It really shows off the logic holes well.

GE

20. MAXIMUM

MAXIMUM Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Jerky said:

"and don't get me started on the cheesy light sabre duel between Anakin and Obi Wan in the fire planet (Lord of the RIngs influence perhaps? Oh, let me think...)."

The whole fight scene was improbable. Lava? Hello?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you often confuse the words "cheesy" and "improbable"?

I wasn't questioning the plausibility of the scene - it's Star Wars after all. My problem was the scene was so obviously rigged to include a Lord of the RIngs'esq fire set-piece, complete with a random collapsing mining platform.

None of the battle scenes had any sense of tension or place. It's as if the CGI geeks had more influence over the film than the script writers.