1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Reversals

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Naru, Mar 25, 2002.

1. Naru

Naru New Member

Can anyone give some tips for using reversals? I feel kind of overwhelmed by them, I'm using Aoi, by the way.

Thanks

2. karphead

karphead Member

I play with Aoi too and I've found it hard to predict reversals as well. But here are some tips.

-If you have great eye to hand coordination you can see the beginning movements of some fighters and anticipate their attack and use a reversal. It's sort of ridiculous though (like maybe one frame of movement -- not to mention you don't know of the level of attack) so it shouldn't be relied upon.

-I've believe I've had luck in interupting common fighting combos like PPPK. You can anticipate the end of the last punch and throw the reversal then. It's a bit easier than trying to call it cold. I don't know if this applies to all fighters and again, it's not very reliable.

-Judge the style of the fighter you are playing against as to the level of reverse you want to throw (for example, use low reversals for Lion, high reversals for Pai)

-Use the Heaven and Earth stance and let the computer do the work :p

In the end, reversals are generally not to be trusted. But I like to use them to finish off opponents if I'm leading by a lot cause there so darn pretty /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

3. Naru

Naru New Member

Thanks for the reply, I'll give your suggestions a try, mainly I do the Tenchi In'You as you mentioned (Heaven and Earth).

Is there any way to do low reversals though? Sorry, I'm really new to VF.

4. karphead

karphead Member

Aoi's d+P+K will reverse low punches, kicks and sweeps. The sweep reversal causes no damage, just knocks them on their butt, I belive that you have enough time to do a low throw and for sure you have plenty of time for a counter-attack. I've had some success reversing Lion low because he has so many low attacks...

5. Naru

Naru New Member

I'll give it a try, again, thanks for your help.