1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Revisiting AM...

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Chanchai, Jan 31, 2001.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Regarding the AM development houses which changed names (except AM2 I guess), can someone reclarify wha tthey are exactly? Are they directly development houses under Sega? Or are they development houses working with Sega?

-Chanchai

2. GreatDeceiver

GreatDeceiver Well-Known Member

To the extent of my knowledge, the former AM houses work directly under CRI, Sega's parent company - but aren't entirely subjected to Sega, from a business point of view; that move towards a greater autonomy of the dev. teams was perhaps a telltale sign of a willingness to shift the development focus of the houses sometime in the near future for a multiplatform effort, although a more immmediate reason would be to provide them with more immediate cash flow, cutting a chunk of the bureaucracy involved (i.e. having to ask Sega for funds, and that in turn having to ask CRI - why not CRI directly?) - and also, perhaps, shileding them to a certain extent from the ups and downs of Sega's financial blues, so that it wouldn't have to directly affect title development.

cheers,
    M.