1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Ripping Music from/putting music on VF4EVO Disc

Discussion in 'Console' started by KTallguy, Mar 11, 2004.

1. KTallguy

KTallguy Well-Known Member

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did a search but nothing came up.

Anyway, I have a friend who is a really big Marvel VS Capcom 2 player, and he hacked his DC edition of the game and replaced the music with his own hip-hop beats and stuff.

I wanted to know if anyone has attemped to do that with the EVO CD at all. I think that the music is ok, but for me, I'd rather replace it with my own. I don't have any experience ripping DVDs or whatnot, so I don't even know if it's possible. I don't know how the music is encoded either. Just curious if anyone has any idea how to do this, or if it is possible.

If I could change the music, I'd probably have half of it be techno, like Crystal Method/Juno Reactor style, another half could be some electric guitar versions of Final Fantasy Battle themes (Black Mages ST rocks!), and then on Durals stage I'd probably put some Aphex Twin or Squarepusher.

Ha, too many conflicting musical tastes =P

2. FatalRose

FatalRose Well-Known Member

Go to www.1emulation.com join and ask there. I am sure someone can give you a answer.

3. KTallguy

Thanks. =)

4. FatalRose

FatalRose Well-Known Member

No prob. Let me know if you figure it out cause I am interested in doing it to.

5. TrojanX

TrojanX Well-Known Member

Me too! I would replace it with some of the official OST songs that never made it to the game (incl. previous vf versions) because I cannot tell a lie... 3/4 of the music in VF4 & EVO are crap man!!!

6. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    It pretty much possible since it Sega still use the ADX system. You can actually rip the sounds and quotes from the evo and Vf4 disc but i always thought about replacing the tunes but just never got around to it. Also there are sounds that are actually never used in the game.

/versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. KTallguy

Sorry, been busy and haven't been able to do anything on this but...

What kind of software do you use to decompress the data and extract everything? I'm just curious what you'd need to go about actually doing this. Obviously a DVD burner. What kind of audio files would you have to use... =P

Really a newbie about this stuff.

8. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

There is a program called ADXenCD that lets you convert .mp3's to .adx files. Then just rename them and replace the game's original ADX files with yours. There might be more to it, but that's the basic idea.

9. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    Well building a ps2 dvd is quite hard from what i know. You would pretty much need to make an image of your dvd Evo disc. Then rip the movies out so it can fit on a cd-r. Then you can replace the music etc.. build the cd and burn /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

10. KTallguy

Is it FMV that is taking up the space on that disc? I don't even know why it's a DVD really... maybe because of those 'bonus' movies =P

11. ValeStyle_Gove

ValeStyle_Gove Well-Known Member

I have a question, why the hell would you want to rip the shitty music from vf4 evo. No one in their right mind would.

12. KTallguy

I just want to replace it....

I do have the soundtrack, just for the hell of it... but I don't really listen to it.