1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Robotech vs dragon ball z

Discussion in 'General' started by Shadowdean, May 7, 2002.

1. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Which cartoon do you enjoy more? I personally hate DBZ..I find the characters to be shallow, the story line inane at best, and the writing so horrible I rather read 3rd grader's essays.

2. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

DBZ still tops, c'mon admit it, everyone at point in their lives used to love DBZ. they reason people are hating on DBZ its cause its not a cult series no more (its on u.s tv). so its not cool to like it. its not the in thing to do.

FFF !

3. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

How about we watch Cowboy Bebop instead?

4. Mike90210

Mike90210 Well-Known Member

Ive never liked DBZ. Everytime I watch it I get bored cuz of all the narration. It takes forever for anything to happen and before something actually does happen it goes to commercial. Ive always liked Voltron, Transformers and G.I. Joe(in no particular order) the best.

5. Shadowdean

Pfft...I never liked it, period.

6. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

anyone watch the movie jin-roh yet?? from what ive gathered, the uncut versions of db are much better than the dubs.....which is the way most anime seems to be.

7. blackshadow

blackshadow Well-Known Member

i agree cowboy bebop is a good series but i also like dbz

8. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

I pity da fool that never liked DBZ. Actually I thought the anime was slow as hell too, but the manga is a whole 'nother story.

9. Cause

Cause Well-Known Member

Jin-Roh sucks ass, /versus/images/icons/frown.gif And yes the uncut DBZ are far better, it ceases to be a kiddy cartoon when one character tells the other to shut the fuck up /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

10. Shadowdean

So cussing makes it an adult show?

11. PlugAndChug

PlugAndChug Well-Known Member

It goes deeper than just cussing. It shows blood and more gruesome moves. Like Frieza shoving his tail right through Vegeta. They also showed when Gohan was a kid taking a shit. (It was so nasty. LoL)

Overall, I like DBZ, but I hate it when they do nothing that adds to the overall story. The episodes just become too unbearable to watch and makes you contemplate about hanging yourself if you watch it further. Gundam Wing in other hand is a totally different story.

12. vf4akira

vf4akira Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

It goes deeper than just cussing. It shows blood and more gruesome moves. Like Frieza shoving his tail right through Vegeta. They also showed when Gohan was a kid taking a shit. (It was so nasty. LoL)

<hr></blockquote>
    I grew up on DB and DBZ. And honestly, the uncut/uncensored eps are the same as what I saw on Japanese TV (in Japanese of course). It's a kids show now and back then. Because it was censored for US TV, you (as in Americans) where only exposed to that version, so the uncut version seemed better because it wasn't "for kids".

To tell you the truth Dragonball had more nudity, sexual jokes/comedy, etc than DBZ, but DBZ had more violence. In Japan, DB was targetted to kids more than DBZ! I always laugh when I see how certain scenes were censored. The joke is totally lost.

Anyway, I guess times have changed since I started watching Dragonball some 15 years ago. It obvious that different countries have different limits to what can be shown on national TV. I just find it interesting that there are people who think the uncut US DBZ is more grown up when I watched the same thing on TV when I wasn't even a teenager and thought it was kids stuff.

13. gaishou

can you believe akira is what, almost 20 years old?? amazing movie IMO...

14. Shadowdean

Soooo...is it robotech or dragon ball?

15. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I say they're two totally different things to compare. Why would I want to compare Robotech/Macross with Dragon Ball (or even Dragonball Z)? Should I start comparing Rurouni Kenshin to Gundam?

-Chanchai

16. Shadowdean

They are both cartoons...just which would you prefer to watch (if any), why?

17. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Orange vs Apple

Which is the better fruit?

18. gaishou

<<Orange vs Apple

i like kiwi.......

19. Shadowdean

I don't see it like that at all. They are both "dramas." Though you may have a preferance for space violence vs hand to hand...of which show would you rather watch/enjoy more....c'mon, it is NOT that hard of a question...

20. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

josh, why you keep asking this? i saw the same thread at HG.com. you cant decide what to watch?