1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Roll call: SVGL on Saturday, Oct 13

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by feixaq, Oct 11, 2001.

1. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Okay, it's time for the weekly roll call. Who'll be at SVGL this Saturday? I bought a small dry erase board recently and will bring with me, maybe we can set up a double elimination individual tourney this week.

Hope to see you guys there!

[​IMG]

2. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Sure, I'll go. Maybe you could set a time for the tourney so anyone who wants to take part can be there. I suggest it be in the afternoon as I'm not sure if I can make it at night. Or you could have one in the afternoon and one at night, whatever people want.

3. phizzco

phizzco Member

IM THERE!!!

4. Buzzard2

Buzzard2 Well-Known Member

As much as I want to go, I'm not sure my dad will take me, so just keep a spot open for me.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://anyrpg.topcities.com>Fighter's Destiny</A>, a Virtua Fighter RPG.

5. Akira Taniguchi

Akira Taniguchi Well-Known Member

Hey Chris,

You probably know but I'm going to be out of town for the weekend. Damn I'm going to miss out playing everyone. Well at least you guys will have a better chance of winning since I'm out of it. HAHAHA! Make sure you use Lau while I'm gone so they know not to mess with the grandmaster Lau.
    I'm not sure what Don is up to but you might want to give him a call. I'll probably show up on a Wednesday with Don. And definitely I'm not going to miss out next time for the VF4 gathering. We should keep having a weekly tournament and keep track of individual winnings. For each time you win a match you earn a point so by the end of each month which would be the 4th Saturday we can determine who the top 5 players are. Then we could hold a championship tournament. Anyways have fun!

Always a great feeling to defeat a worthy opponent!

6. segaduck

segaduck Well-Known Member

I will be there at noon on Saturday.

BTW, I'll be there at Friday(tomorrow) noon, too.
    Anyone will be there tomorrow?

VF4 rules!!!

7. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

hmmmm well i dunno if my brother and i can make it.... maybe in the morning and afternoon but we wouldn't stay too long cuz we have to go out of town later that night...

akira you suck!!!! you just get lucky with your lousy lau.... naw hehe im just messin...

howard i might see ya there on friday ..... but im not too sure

"How many people wanna kick some a$$!!?? i Do! i Do!..." Stroke 9

8. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

Hmm. I think I've got mad work this weekend. I might drop by in the evening, like after 7, but I definately can't go during the day.

-Jason

9. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Hey man, sorry I couldn't make it on Wednesday. Really focused on getting my business school applications out the door right now, deadline is fast approaching. Sorry to hear that you can't make it on Saturday =/

Anyway, here's the tentative plan, you guys let me know what you think!

Saturday, Oct 13 @ SVGL

Afternoon tourney
    -------------------------
    4pm-5pm - preliminaries (either league table style, or ranked according to most # of wins in the hour)
    5pm-6pm - 1v1 double elimination tournament, based on prelim rankings

Evening tourney
    -------------------------
    8pm-9pm - preliminaries (either league table style, or ranked according to most # of wins in the hour)
    9pm-10pm - 1v1 double elimination tournament, based on prelim rankings

Two tournaments so those who can't make it for the first one can make the second, or vice versa. No prizes for 1st place except bragging rights. 1st and 2nd (perhaps 3rd?) place winners will have points added to their weekly total, then maybe at the end of the month we can have a showdown based on championship rankings

Anyway, just tossing some ideas around. Feedback is definitely welcome...

[​IMG]

10. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Jason you should be dominating...(well you might be I dunno)

Have a good time playing with them, and teach them a thing or two about VF frame stats etc. :)

CrewNYC

[​IMG]

11. Buzzard2

Buzzard2 Well-Known Member

Nope I can't go :-( Oh well, next time.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://anyrpg.topcities.com>Fighter's Destiny</A>, a Virtua Fighter RPG.