1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

ROOM MATCH - Halloween Beatdown (10/30 OR 10/31)

Discussion in 'PlayStation Network' started by DomAug, Oct 24, 2012.

1. DomAug

DomAug dom Content Manager Lion Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    domaug
    I plan on hosting a room on PSN in honor of Halloween if anyone's interested in playing in it. I welcome all PSN players and anyone who can stream or record the games lol

It's not mandatory, but please prepare some of your characters' best costumes for the holiday. I plan on making a few just for the event (Lion Dracula, Eileen witch and cat, Goh "Thriller" which some of you have seen already, etc.)

You can post in here if you're interested, as I plan on updating this thread with more specifics on the exact time and date.

EDIT: I will host the first of two rooms on TUESDAY, OCTOBER 30 FROM 4:00 PM EST TO 7:00 PM EST (i have a Halloween meeting with a club i'm in at PSU that night so that's why i can't do it very late). I will host the second of two rooms on WEDNESDAY, HALLOWEEN NIGHT FROM AROUND 4:00 PM EST UNTIL PEOPLE GET BORED OR I HAVE TO DO SOMETHING FOR SCHOOL. Hope to see a lot of you VFDCers there :D

Don't forget your costumes for your characters. I have every character pack anyway so if you only have a character pack for one or two characters, don't sweat it. Just bring something if you can. :p

2. martianpulis

martianpulis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    martianpulis
    interesting... thanks!

3. ExzetyXat1

ExzetyXat1 Well-Known Member

4. llMICll

llMICll Well-Known Member

Let's do it. I will dress Pai and Shun accordingly.

5. DomAug

PSN:
    domaug
    By Sunday I should have a better idea of when I want to host this room. You'll all find out at least a day or two in advance. I'll post in here when I get a better idea.

6. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    I already have a Pai and Van dressed for the Occassion and it should be interesting to save the least

7. DomAug

PSN:
    domaug
    ok i plan on hosting a room this Tuesday, October 30, in the early evening from 4:00 PM EST to 7:00 PM EST (i have an Atheist club Halloween meeting that night so that's why it's in the early evening). ALSO, for anyone that misses it, i will host a room sometime after 4:00 PM EST on Halloween night for as long as you guys want (as long as people are around). obviously, i'm leaving some times out there to do homework too, with three assignments due this week and two lab reports.

the first post is updated with this info.

8. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Athiest eh...
    Might check the room, depends who I see online at the time...

9. DomAug

PSN:
    domaug
    yep. a lot of the meetings are just discussions about the universe and religions. Tuesday's meeting will most likely be some needed fun since we'll be right near Hurricane Sandy.

10. steelbaz

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Perhaps the might Hurricane shall purge the non-believers!!

11. DomAug

PSN:
    domaug
    maybe at another campus but not at Penn State: where hurricane winds and heavy storms are for pansies and you're not getting out of class that easily, students!

(translation: Penn State almost never cancels due to weather. our last cancellation due to weather on this campus was early 2007 i think)

my dad keeps insisting i'm Roman Catholic too since i was raised that way (and was confirmed). i told him i don't really believe in a lot of it but he then said "ok so you're not a PRACTICING Catholic"

12. steelbaz

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Hurricane Party at Penn State with super loose college beetchez? :cool:
    Storm probably wont be that bad, we'll see though.

13. DomAug

PSN:
    domaug
    yes please :D

if any girls on the 2nd, 4th, or 6th floors of Hiester Hall are reading this (and there's almost a 0% chance any of them know what VF is, let alone VFDC), you know where i am... ;)

oh shit, they don't. Hiester ladies, it's room 320. my roommates have piranhas...? please?

steelbaz likes this.
  14. EastBayKage

EastBayKage Well-Known Member

PSN:
    EastBayKage
    Airegin and I are in for Wednesday. He'll be over at my place and we'll just be using his PSN ID only.
    We're in California so hopefully the connection isn't too bad, but feel free to boot us if it's unplayable.

15. DomAug

PSN:
    domaug
    sorry, i haven't seen you play but i've seen Airegin play and he's REALLY good. make sure to dress up his Wolf :p

UPDATE: i still plan on hosting a room tomorrow from 4:00 PM EST to 7:00 PM EST, but due to the tropical storm Sandy, that time is subject to change due to power outages or other storm-related issues. i'll keep you all posted.

16. DomAug

PSN:
    domaug
    the first of two planned Halloween rooms is NOW UP!

(search Worldwide in the Custom Match option in Room Match... keep in mind this is only on PSN)

17. steelbaz

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Or just log in and demand DomAug invite you :cool:

18. DomAug

PSN:
    domaug
    the room didn't go over too well, but GGs to Akai, animelord, and Gr3_V3l (although i don't know if he's on these forums...)

tomorrow i will host a room again, so if any of you are online and wanna join, go for it. and bring costumes :p

it will be a worldwide room, so make sure you have that option on when searching for rooms. if you want an invite, i can do that. i'll run the room as long as i can after 4:00 pm tomorrow (EST, of course).

19. steelbaz

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    I was in a room, woulda joined but the hater was in there..

20. DomAug

PSN:
    domaug
    the hater? o_O