1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Room Matches dropping and other errors

Discussion in 'PlayStation Network' started by steelbaz, Jul 27, 2012.

1. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    So who else has encountered rooms dropping all day long regardless of the host? I've run into this problem over 7 times before, then got frustrated and just logged off. There is also terrible lag and loss off all inputs in ranked. SEGA wanted to see some replies from VFDCers about this so let them hear it!

IcKY99 likes this.
  2. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Rooms have been unplayable all day. Random disconnects and everyone gets booted.

3. CarolinaPanther

CarolinaPanther Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Nomas_Tomas
    Just had it happen to me. It's been happening quite a bit in Room Lobbies. I was wondering if it happened to anyone else today.

CP Edit: Has this also been happening on the 360 end or is it just PSN?

4. VFnumbers

VFnumbers Well-Known Member Content Manager Lei

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
    Hosted and had 3 drops today on PSN

5. steelbaz

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    SEGA replied and looked into it, they say it was a sony server issue, that has now been cleared up. Got a long room match in tonight so looks like it's been sorted out.

6. End

End Active Member

Yeah, gotta be sony's fault.

I've been playing M:TG yesterday & lots of, really lots of, people got booted in-game or in the lobbies.

7. steelbaz

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    It's much worse today you can't even play in player matches now, it DC's in round 2, Sony better fix this problem. Really don't wanna have to buy a 360 [​IMG]

8. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    I have been booted out of rooms so many times today that it is silly I even got the newest update to PSN hoping it would fix the issue but it didn't. Now it is getting so bad the game can't get into ranked battles without an error showing up sometimes. I tested the rooms on 360 and they work just fine only rooms on PSN go bad. This sucks.

9. steelbaz

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Yeah Sony did something to there online network on Wednesday and it has not been the same since. At least you have the 360 as an option [​IMG]

10. shadowmaster

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    I have an easier time finding good rooms on PSN though I would prefer to play them on my PS3 over playing them on 360 personally. Hopefully things get cleared up soon.

11. GoTigers9999

GoTigers9999 Well-Known Member

I tested out SC V earlier.. At first that seemed fine and I thought it was just VF 5 related, but the rooms were DCing in that also.. Sony's online is a joke..

12. steelbaz

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    More f'n errors and dropped matches everywhere, this is ridiculous [​IMG]

13. Jaytecx

Jaytecx Member

PSN:
    Jaytecx
    VF5:FS Anyone else having in-game problems???

This weekend, due to connection errors, and getting my ass kicked out of games I went from "Sentinel" rank back to 10th Kyu. Not because i lost matches but because the game screwed up and lost everything. Not even the savedata files on my PS3 makes a difference!

Now i also have a poor connection ratio "greenface" to "yellowface" and struggling to find good games now.

Am not so bothered about loosing my rank, but i am bothered about having a sucky connection ratio as it makes you look like a noob who disconnects from games!!!

anyone else had this??

14. BolverkGTM

BolverkGTM Active Member

Re: VF5:FS Anyone else having in-game problems???

Yeah, the network was acting funky all weekend. It was pretty annoying, actually. There were a lot of people having problems.

15. WingedRegent

WingedRegent Member

PSN:
    Seraphim_Dragon

Been having issues all weekend as well.

16. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC

I experienced a lot of disconnects during matches this Sunday

17. shadowmaster

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979

A massive rank drop too wow I thought the worst of it was when I couldn't even get into ranked matches at certain times and the game told me there was an error and I was kicked out of the online mode regardless of whether it was ranked, player, or rooms battles wow. What is going on here?

18. Jaytecx

Jaytecx Member

PSN:
    Jaytecx

guess it didn't only happen to me then!

was actually kind of fun on 10th Kyu and kicking ass

19. steelbaz

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz

Yeah i quit palying ranked as you're gonna end up with a yellow or red smily and loss of rank eventually. You get DC'd in ranked very easily and after 2 DC's at the last minute, right after I lost a very close match, and right as I won a lopsided match, I knew to quit ranked. I am assuming the problem still hasn't been resolved yet...

20. pupstar

pupstar Active Member

I'm getting booted out of rank a lot. Often mid match, sadly never when I'm loosing.
    Can't even get back on at all now. Its very boring.

Edit - it's happened about 15 times this last weekend, not affected my green smilie though.