1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Room Matches dropping and other errors

Discussion in 'PlayStation Network' started by steelbaz, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Futubaaoi

Futubaaoi Active Member

PSN:
    futubaaoi
    XBL:
    bus orez
    geeze, this is sounding like it is getting worse :<

2. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    I played a bunch of ranked over the weekend. I'd say about 1 out of every 5 matches just randomly dropped. Same thing in room matches. I even had a few people message me asking if this was a common thing because they had been getting dropped too.

Funny thing is, I played a buddy of mine that lives all of 2 minutes away from me. We played in player match for about 2 hours straight. No problem at all...

I hope Sega/Sony fixes this soon. [​IMG]

3. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Well PSN has been stable all day today, although not too many people were online due to the recent drops and other bs. SEGA did contact me again about an hour and said they appreciated that someone contacted them about it, they've been looking into the problem. Again it seems to be fixed now, or at the very least it's better as I didn't have any DC's in my couple hours on and it was usually bad in the day.

4. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Whoa, whoa, wait...Sega was thankful that "someone" contacted them about this? That sounds like you were possibly the only person to send them an email on this. Lol, good job...while you're at it, can you ask them when they are going to drop anymore content packs on us?

I'd love to have all the bells and whistles that are in the arcade version. Please and thank you [​IMG]

5. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    I'm not concerned with more extra filler, I just want the game to run like it did before last Thursday. People really should feel free to contact SEGA with their issues or questions, they are very responsive, at least they have been with me.

6. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    What factors affect the stability of Room matches?
    [Less stable = more unsynchronization and disconnects]

1) Host's connection quality (bad quality > less stable)

2) Most players connection quality (more difference > less stable)

3) Number of people in the room (more people > less stable)

4) Number of Voice Garniture (Headset) in use (more wuth voice > less stable)

5) Using PSN text chat during in Room (existence in chat . less stable)

WHAT YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT EVERY POINTS?

7. CarolinaPanther

CarolinaPanther Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Nomas_Tomas
    Could be a combination of all the above. Then again, SSF4 and Tekken 6 had a similar format before VF5FS Online came out and there weren't disconnects - except when someone pulled the plug.