1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Rumble in Sydney

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by SummAh, Aug 29, 2001.

1. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

This saturday,
    Myself n fellow poster toFU (CHINESE JOKE ALERT~~he like to 'eat tofu'! thus the nick!!!) will be bringing our bags, our pride n our sticks to sydney to meet up with residential expert in VF n VO , VFDC's only Kung fu master, Myke! /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif~

For those of u that are new here...a year ago...myke decided to take a three week breakie from work, (escaped from the olympic maddnes that nearly sunk sydney due to the additional amt of tourist n atheletes) jumped on a plane and headed down to melbourne to hook up with his friends and found some free time to check out me, toFU n Doomboy~~

Now almost a yr ago ( we are two weeks off our ' Asses got kicked' anniversary' day) Myke described himself as "like a bear nonchalantly wandering over to a stream full of struggling salmon" and to his ever suprise( SUFFER FOOL!/versus/images/icons/laugh.gif)...got defeated in the very first game by the number 1 student of mechanical combat style (take a wild guess who it is)!~~~

In his own words.." My initial analogy of a bear taking swipes at helpless salmon quickly deteriorated. These salmon were armed to the teeth with heavy artliery and weren't afraid to use it ! "~~~~

Sadly folks..those complementing thoughts were only reserved for our very first game (which I was not a part of )/versus/images/icons/mad.gif!!!~~~~~

Nature took its toll and soon,...our teeths were blunt, gums were bleeding...n we could not escape the fact the STUPID bear will always have us fishes for food whenever he damn well pleases!!!!(This, I was a part of )/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~~~~

Nevermind!
    This saturday, I will be up there...armed with a shotgun..lotsa bullets...and a live victim (toFU) to lure out the bear...I won't miss! The hunter always gets the bear!!!!!!!!!!! Nature says so!!!!~~~~~~~

Er...scratch that...this saturday..I'll be up there for fun...it's my turn for a breakie...there's gonna be mad screaming...finger pointings and mad laughter waiting for everyone~(Myke, myself, toFU, Junes..n co)

It's been a while since I've felt so much excitement in meeting friends for VF...

It's gonna be fun~!

<font color=red>~~~ 'Flock off feather brain, or u can stick around and find out the hard way!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

2. RedQueen

RedQueen Well-Known Member

hey hey hey, repeat after me tofu is sweet, tofu is wonderful, tofu is something u wanna take home and cuddle with :D tofu is definately NOT bear bait ! even so its already been a year and evolution happens ya know ;) us salmon can now have the option to upgrade ourselves to piranahs, great white sharks, or many tentecle squid hehe. so beware the bear, although we may be on the sushi menu, we are noot defenceless hehehe
    (many inside jokes, deduce at will pls :)

~ Shori no Eko Kimi ni ~

3. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

repeat this after me

Shaddup FUK~!

<font color=red>~~~ 'Flock off feather brain, or u can stick around and find out the hard way!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

4. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

It is has been brought to my attention that ppl might think I am being mean to toFU n also asking him to go away..shaddup etc etc etc

ANYWAY...he's a close personal friend n we muck around all the time...~

There..let the misunderstandings be resolved~

5. RedQueen

yes clear communication is a must. there i announce that melbourne VF players are GAY !!!!!! :D

~ Shori no Eko Kimi ni ~

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi - I live in Sydney as well. Have any of you seen or heard of any VF4 machines in Sydney?

7. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    There are no VF4 machines in Sydney (yet). BTW, who are you?

8. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Re: Rumble in Sydney (data log)

Alrighty boys....i'm still at sydney at the moment...
    this place is too cool!!!

but anyway...I've had two nights t rumble with the big bear and his damn cubs....this hunter thought there would only be one stupid bear to put down...so I thought a standard USP would do the job just fine...but dammmmmmmn cubs!!!!

Outnumbered!

But anyway..I am at the internet cafe right next to olga burger joint...man they have this pissy touch pad keyboard that is soooo flat n soooo soft....it's like..' GIVE ME A REAL MAN'S KEYBOARD :)"

The screen is lcd,the keyboard is so high tech...fucking mouse has o scroll button damn it!

But anyway..sydney is proving to be more fun than I had expected (Big thanks to Junior, Kim,Micheal, Johnny and
    Kung fu " big hairy bear" master myke!)

I have this big ass post I wanna write right now...I wanna post it while the excitement is still in me...but damn 'softboard' is annoying the shits outta me...I want my 'tac tac tac klick lick" key board back!!!!

Looks like me going to sydney to work after i graduate this summer is the right move babeeeee~

9. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

"Looks like me going to sydney to work after i graduate this summer is the right move babeeeee~"

OH GREAT...so it'll just be me then, FUCK U /versus/images/icons/mad.gif /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

10. Guest

Guest Guest

My name's Pete. I used to live in the US, and played VF and VF 2 all of the time. However, I've been in Manly, Australia for the last six years, and the arcades there rarely get any new machines. Also, I hadn't seen many people playing VF3 in Sydney's CBD. Would usually check out Galaxy or Time Zone on George Street.

Ashamed to say it, but I actually started to play Tekken 3, because it just seemed that I could always get someone else to play against. Let's face it, CPU competition can be a bit boring.

Have read the VF bbs for a loooong time, but I rarely post (so I don't have a bbs name yet), because I'm definitely no master, and haven't played VF 3 seriously for a good two years. Looking forward to VF 4, though, because in VF 3 I used Shun, and it sounds as if he has been powered up quite a bit.

11. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

u r alone

12. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

" Ah...now that I am back from dinner..I can fix this post"

well folks , the past week has been a great one for me

Last Friday night, me n toFU 'INTELLIGENTLY" decided not to sleep so that we can actually make it to the airport by 7 am to catch the flight outta melbourne n touch down at sydney~

On the way there...we had the usual 'gaming trekking to interstate' hiccups such as " taxi arriving late', ' airport not being able to find toFU's name when we told them abt our ticket reservations...for some reasons, they changed my first name into my surname...weirdness indeed...

Anyway...upon touch down, we got ourselves a cab that had em plastic protective screen around the cabbie...and immediately, me n toFU were like ' Man...sydney really is whacked when it comes to crime!'.

Along the way to hurtsville (home for the next 6 days) there's tons of billboards...bad drivers...bumpy roads and BEAUTIFUL GIRLS~ There was this hot chick driving my dreamy honda S2000 right next to the cab I was...

Everything was so un-melbourne...the streets are small n crampy...darling habor is just too cool not to go to, water taxi is such a fun thing to do, the city gives a very New York feel to it..I like it lots~ ( trust me, when a victorian goes up to sydney n enjoy it, it's very rare)

Dropped our bags at my friend's place...toFU very antisocially decided he needed to recharge his batteries and went straight to bed..meanwhile my friend's gf decided the 1hr trip was to long n tiring for me...she starting making em tonic drinks for me ( I actually think that's why I was able to last 48 hrs without sleeping!)

In a desperate attempt to rid myself of more ginseng tea..I desperately call myke again for the 500th hundred time and finally, he woke up!

On our way to the city we bathe in the sunshine and man..after a cold n gloomy winter...sunshine is a very much highly anticipated thing for me~

At around 3.45pm...us Vics finally met up with kung fu master and was immediately introduced to the arcade he hangs out whenever he's free or trying to get himself sober enuff so that he can drive home/versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

the arcade had every game I could think of apart from VF n Scud race (flamming shame cause it's my two fav arcade game)

The 3rd strike players there were kinda ho hum...saw a good n effective player (but ultra arrogant)..but anyway

Finally Junior showed up n it was good to see the face I have been talking to for weeks...by then..I was starving n my body started to feel real weak..no sleep for me yet though~!

we then went over to Galaxy world...saw the little HK corner with their pissy KOF 2000 rumblings going on..

Then it happened!

Junior started playing TTT and I just went ' OH WOW THIS GAME LOOK SO FUN I MUST PLAY BLAH BLAH BLAH'.

Never have I seen TTT to be played in such a fashion..very fast..flashy n very very cool~!

Esp Haowarang and Lei..too cool to boot~!
    Junior would use Haowarang and do the flammingo stance in front of the challenger, side step to the fool's back n bang! AWESOME!~

Total converted n inspired T wannabe now~!
    Finally saw MR diaper Heihachi...wahahahahahaha

Anyway...we hooked up with Kim and micheal and us bunch of gamers headed over to Kim's nice apartment in the city.

The setup was very nicely done...we had two tvees, two DCs, 4 DC sticks...

Immediately we started to play vf3 and I opted to sit down first n have a good look at them playing...I'll describe their style and what I liked abt playing with them.

Junesone: Frome memory, he played only Akira and Jacky....very little Kage and in fact..only played Jacky when me n him had out little 'Jacky vs Jacky' bouts. I really liked his Akira...lotsa ST, knee..pkg, pkg, combos n stuff...I liked his Jacky even more cause like me, us two never used ESK once at all...choosing to playing it with our own individual style...very satisfying to see someone having the same opinion with me when it comes to playing Jacky. The thing I remember most abt his Akira game is the knee...he's firing them off in a manner...it misleads ppl to believe doing Akira's knee is as simple as doing F K...looking at them doing knees and DLC...I told myself ' alamak, I gotta go register myself at Skills.com'...

I guess u can called it pre-match molestation/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Kim: Like me, Kim has been in Australia for ten yrs now...Like Junior, he plays TTT in a very cool n stylish manner...and like Junior..he's also a Akira user...in fact, he only used Akira. There's two things I really like about his Akira
    a) REAL MAN's KICK
    b)Guts!

I found Kim's Akira to but not as flashy as Junior's Akira..but man, his Akira has lotsa guts.( OH what the hell.. this boy has lotsa GUTS) I'm not sure if it's because they play TTT so often, as a result they all play a very attacking game (which I highly approve/versus/images/icons/smile.gif) He uses Spod just as u're getting up, anticipate a move n uses Akira's reversals to send u flying off to the othe end of the corner...lotsa guts which I really like...While I cannot do the spod like b4...I still like playing akira with lotsa reversals ( those who have seen the clips KNOW what I am talking abt) in all honestly though, both Junior and Kim have a much stronger Akira than me...Maybe that's why I felt very satisfied watching them play Akira and decided my Akira should be kept in the closet.

Incidentally, Kim's fav Akira move is the DJK and he used it on many occasions...
    example: I try n evade...thinking a palm or a SDE is on the way...instead, I'm greeted by Akira's soles ...smacking me right in the face...another example would be me rising up to do a low sweep and BOOM!, eat the DJK and Kim screams ' YEAH REAL MAN's KICK!'./versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

Of coz, being me..I won't sit down n let him Declare Akira as a REAL MAN...So I made sure he would eat the last lighting kick more than once and also declared that move ' REAL MAN's KICK!" /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

Micheal is another cool guy I met over the course of the week...predominately a TTT player..but also interested in VF...he plays only Jeffery and unlike newbies who will engage a battle with a turtle shell on both hands, he rushes in and tries to splash mountain anyone in front of him...very encouraging and very fun to watch him play VF...

anyway, this meeting was kinda strange in a way..I was very excited to meet up with myke n play with him. But surprisingly, I had very little game time with him at all. But anyway, many of u here have played with him..so I can give my fingers a rest and no need to PR him at all/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

I'm sure only Junior n myke had some sort of an idea just what kind of gamer I am..esp at gathering..but micheal having just met me...decided I am a mad man when I play...always laughing and screaming and making comments ' Ah...DUN COME NEAR ME LAH~!!!!" " OH.. THAT MOVE SO HURT!"

Me n toFU also decided to copy em BT audiences and go ' AYEEEE AYEEEE OHHHH' whenever someone eats a big move or hits the ground' /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

Anway...over the two nights of gaming with them..I thoroughly enjoyed myself...there were lotsa laughter...very good matches...very very very good bunch of guys to hang out with.

Oh almost forgot abt the comment of the night coming from toFU '" MAN, seeing u guys play TTT, melbourne players are SO GAY!'" /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif
    It's not so funny when U read it here..like many things that happened during the two nights, u have to be there to know just how fun those two nights were.

I must thank myke for find time in his buzy schedule to meet me and driving me home in the pee wee hrs of the morning,

big thanks to Junior for bringing me around sydney on monday...thanks for bringing along ur tvee and ur 'whacked' stick during the first night as well /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

Most sincere thanks goes out to Kim...he's nice enuff to let two strangers wander into his apartment and play games for two nights...

I'm glad me n toFU went up to sydney and made some new friends...after all..gaming is just gravy ( that has always been my opinion anyway)

So a very big thanks to all the people that made my trip to sydney so memorable. Really, thanks alot guys~

Anytime u fellas wanna come down to Melbourne...icq or get myke to contact me..I'll take care of u

and Junior..the offer from Alex is still open I believe/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

<font color=red>~~~ 'Flock off feather brain, or u can stick around and find out the hard way!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by SummErs on 09/06/01 08:37 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

13. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Man do I love reading gathering reports. Thanks for posting it Summers.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

14. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Summers has pretty much summed up the two nights we spent VFing.

Firstly, I have to say it was great seeing both Summers and Tofu again. It was also good to catch up with my other buddies (Kim, Junes, Michael, etc) whom I hadn't seen in over 8 months. So it was a bit of a two-way reunion with me being the.. umm.. meat in the sandwich.

Anyway.

With two game stations going constantly, nobody was short of challengers. The main game was VF3tb of course, but we had a good share of CvS, TTT and a touch of 3S and SC.

Having been almost a full year since I saw him last, I have to say how impressed I was with how much Summers has improved his game, especially with Jacky. He still retains his signature style, but is more consistent and makes fewer mistakes. It was also nice to see him applying more Ura too, which was pretty much non-existant when I was down in Melbourne last year.

Well, Doomboy is bugging me to come down to Melbourne now, so maybe I'll see you guys again before the year's end! Maybe! :)

Cheers mate.

15. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

""""It was also nice to see him applying more Ura too"""""""

Ah...u just reminded me of the ura to ur back n kicflip ur lau n akira...'REAL MAN's KICK!~' /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

16. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Man, you're a psycho! :)

That's the other thing I was gonna mention - even though I'd met you before, I never knew you to be so vocal while playing! Maybe it had something to do with you being in a big city like Sydney after being couped up in danky ol' Melbourne. Liberating feeling eh? :)

Of course we didn't mind it, but there were times when we'd all give eachother a worried look after one of your high-pitched screams and laughs! And then you have Tofu's insanely funny commentary, making you two guys an extremely hilarious pair!

Anyway, just a few things I thought I might add. It wasn't Kim doing those SPoDs after the opponent got up, it was me. Now I'm only mentioning this because it's something I picked up from playing Adam in NYC, so I just want to give props to that akira playin' muthafukka out at LI :). Kim hardly ever SPoDs in fact, he's more of a ShRm/DLC/Ura guy, but hopefully he'll pick up more of the Akira stuff I learnt overseas.

And even though I hadn't played in months, I'm glad I could still streak with Kage. It got kinda repetitive actually, which is why you hardly saw me play Kage at all towards the end. < /blow own trumpet > :)

17. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Yah Yah...I know I was making lotsa noises both nights... even when I was outside at the balcony having a ciggie break, I would scream ' SKILLS . COM" whenever I see anyone miss DLC /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

the free box of flakes did not shut me up as well..seeing I only had one small chunk /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

But I was having way too much fun...I dunno why...maybe it was liberating to be able to leave skool and work and girls for a week...go interstate...and get to play good VF games and make new friends at the same time...

[brag mode on] : I had streaks with beatkunckle and lighting kick hehehehe [brag mode off]

Shame those moves are not as cool as SPOD " HE HU HA~!"

18. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Now I'm only mentioning this because it's something I picked up from playing Adam in NYC, so I just want to give props to that akira playin' muthafukka out at LI :)

*HOLLLLLLLLLLLAAA!!!* =)

[​IMG]

19. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Thanx for the report, SummErs. I'm just glad I don't have to sit through another post about bubble tea!

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=red>DOG</font color=red>

20. RedQueen

hack ahem..... well seems that mr.summers has put out such detailed descriptions of wat we did in syndey.... i'll just say many many heartfelt thanks to myke junior kim micheal johnny for the great times they gave us. great fun and i really hope to do it again hehehe. and on a personal thank you note => myke for such a nice car and host
    junior for your tv
    micheal for your tekken
    kim for your house
    johnny for your expressions
    ^_^
    hehehe well see u guys soon
    <goes to bed for 2 days cos dammed summers made me sleep on the dammed couch :p>

~ Number Forty-Two ~