1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Rumor Bin

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by SummAh, Mar 1, 2001.

1. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

alright folks...
    time for the Rumor Bin.

Lastest rumor goes something along this line

"vf4 on Gambecube"

Whatever.
    I'm getting the gamecube anyway.

<font color=red>SummErs' 'mibu's lone wolf'

2. nascarbryant

nascarbryant Well-Known Member

maybe the right decission at the wrong time..

That would be fantastic: a game for gamers on a game-only console. Only a few people dounbt the power of the Gamecube: The Gamecube is a REAL next-generation-machine, with it's S3TC,T&L,Big Cache for Main processor,1T-SRAM-Memory, this machine has the capability to create super-textures and that's one of the main important points for a clean port.
    Stll i'm very surprised that sega takes such a decision whitout knowing if GC will be a big sucess and if it will get a great user base. i haven't got a PS2 but I will certanly buy a GC, i only hope the sceptisism among 3 party devellopers will decrese so we will also have, more mature-looking games for the older userbase, well i don't care if a game looks kid-like as long as it has a mature gameplay like Mario 64 or Zelda.There are too many games that look mature and have baby-gameplay.
    and an other important point is that on the GC there won't be much beat'them up competition, so sega could be the only enterprise to deliver serious Beat'them ups for that system(Konami maybe Rakuga-Kids 2 hehehe)

P.S Some devellopers including Factor 5 hint that the GC could be more powerfull then the X-BOX(mainly with textures)

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by nascarbryant on 3/1/01 10:31 AM.</FONT></P>

3. nascarbryant

Where did you get that rumor?

4. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Re: maybe the right decission at the wrong time..

Yo...amen to that....GC IS truly next gen...the trick will be -- how will sega handle the relationship.

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

5. Guest

Guest Guest

If it did it'd be nice. The only thing I can think of that wouldn't be that great is the controller, man how do you play a fighting game on that thing.

Still, Miyamoto said that with DVDs games could be cheaper allowing for more specialized controllers.

6. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

The more platforms the better, but I hope AM2 focuses enough resources to make sure the PS2 version kicks ass.

ice-9

7. Guest

Guest Guest

the only rumor ive heard, in which people claim it to be true, is the vf on xbox rumor. there is a very reasonable chance of that one coming to pass.
    are you sure the sega on gamecube thing is a rumor at all or just a wish?
    it doesnt seem like nintendo is scrambling enough to get more mature titles, many developers doubt that they are even after the mature market. nintendo hasnt made any statement to put them at ease.... seems like a VERY stupid thing to do if they were planning on going after that market. anywho, that scares em off. nintendo is being kinda wierd about this, but theyve definetly got their own style.(!?)
    it would be great if they did, i just hope theyre smart.
    xbox seems more likely. if they pick xbox, it will also mean theyre focusing more on non asian markets, which is good, since those markets treat them better.

8. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who thinks the X-Box will be a failure. Almost all of their big name titles are ports of PS2 games. You cannot succeed that way. The only impressive title that is all their own is Malice and I have serious questions about the game play of that title. Then there is the question of that fickle Japanese game market. I just do not see that machine wining the console wars maybe a distant third.
    VF4 on the Game Cube also seems very unlikely. Sega themselves stated that they would take a close look at each machines demographic and then decide which machine would get each game. Historically Nintendo has had the younger demoigraphic while Sony has had the twenty something demographic firmly in grasp. VF and other fighting games appeal mainly to late teens and twenty somethings. I see VF4 being a PS2 only title with the racing games being broke up between the two RPG's being given to PS2 and Platformers going Nintendo's way and all the strange wacky Sega games going the way of Sony. I dont see X-Box being a factor in Sega's plans unless it is popular in japan we all know how much Sega loves the japanese gamer.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

9. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

"Am I the only one who thinks the X-Box will be a failure?"

no. x-box will go down so quick it isn't even funny. just my opinion, of course :)

10. nascarbryant

I don't think that there is possability that the PS2 Version can kick ass, at least visualy. 4 MB Ram Videoram without S3TC and with old School Ramtype like the N64.
    As you can see even in Metal Gear, PS2 can handle some poligons and has enough power to deliver it with 60 Frames, but with the textures it's pretty weak and there are only a few exeptions. But to make a good Naomi2 port you need the next generation of texture machines and those can only be delivered by GC and XBOX(here you can even choose how much VRAM you would like and how much RAM for other tasks,inluding 3TSC.........the new machines also have T&L , on PS2 you haven't got that either

11. nascarbryant

TTT on GC?!? Maybe Namco knows more then we do. Maybe they don't want to let the whole fighting-market on GC to sega

Namco Japan reported today that it expects a loss of more than $55 million for this quarter. The company attributes the massive dip to poor sales of its PlayStation 2 products for the year. Namco believes the slow sales can be blamed on Sony's failure to deliver enough PlayStation 2 consoles in Japan, as it had promised.
    The most interesting bit of news from Namco's financial statement, however, comes with the official confirmation from the company that it plans to throw its support behind Nintendo's next-generation GameCube console. No details were given about what software to expect, but IGNcube has been able to confirm through sources that at least two titles are in development -- versions of Ridge Racer V and Tekken Tag Tournament. No word on if these titles will be enhanced over their PlayStation 2 counterparts. Both games are expected at system launch in Japan.

Interestingly, Namco made no mention of Microsoft's Xbox in its official financial statement.

More as it becomes available.

Source: Bloomberg Japan

12. Hayai_JiJi

Yet again just ports of PS2 games I highly doubt anyone will buy a system just for ports.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

13. nascarbryant

First, Videogames are mainly about massmarket(people who don't know a lot about games,no freaks)
    Second, TTT and RR5 are very strong brands, those names are known by A LOT of people.
    third, GC is cheap ,youngsters who couldn't buy a PS2 can buy GC.
    fourth, it still isn't 100% confirmed if TTT and RR5 will come to GC.

cya

14. nascarbryant

Big N want's to make money and they also want the money of the older people, but they also don't want to lose the younger audience. games like metroid, conker, perfect dark , Bond and several projects from 2 Party devellopers show that intention(RPG from Leftfielt studios,eternal darkness action Adventure,Rare's perfect dark 2,or the secret Sega/Nintendo RPG) it seems that Nintendo wan't 2 and 3 party devellopers to make those efforts (like always). Big N will continue to produce their famous franchises. And i still wan't to remember you that the young audience like Beat'them ups like hell(see Tekken).

15. Hayai_JiJi

Did I miss something. Did they announce the price of the Game Cube when I was not looking. Also if the GC comes oput and it is less expensive than PS2 you can bet your ass Sony will drop the price of their machine to the same price of the Game Cube.
    If and when TTT and RR5 are announced for the X-Box or Game Cube Sony will already be hyping the next installments on their machine. So it is a relatively moot point.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by lonelyfighter on 3/1/01 04:33 PM.</FONT></P>

16. nascarbryant

I wonder if we will have a huge price-war between the 3 competitors. Well Big N should have the best cards(low hardware costs), but on the other hand Microsoft and sony have a lot of money(price-dumping).Dirty play!?

P.S 1 I don't care about TTT or RR5 i only want VF4 on a powerful NG-Hardware(that excludes the PS2), but i would also like a DC-Version(Texturepower and Nostalgia!!!)

P.S 2 I hope we will get a Naomi2-Arcademachine,or maybe I should buy a cheap naomi 2 board(cheap hehehe)

P.S 3 Experts say the Gc will cost 199 Dollars,......wait and see,.........i hope so.

Naomi 4

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by nascarbryant on 3/1/01 04:47 PM.</FONT></P>

17. Hayai_JiJi

Lesson number 1: take absolutely no stock in what "the experts" say. These people usually are 30 year olds siting in their momma's basement relating what they recently heard on their favorite messageboard from another 30 year old sitting in his momma's basement on the other side of the country.

18. Hayai_JiJi

The GC will not be out soon enough to capitalize upon the PS2's high costs it will have evened out by the time the GC is out.

P.S. you do not number your post scripts you just add another P so a second post script would be P.P.S. and so on.

19. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

i only want VF4 on a powerful NG-Hardware(that excludes the PS2), but i would also like a DC-Version(Texturepower and Nostalgia!!!)

What would you rather have?

A decent PS2 port in 2002 or a better GC/X-box port in 2003? I personally want (and am probably going to get) both, but if I had to choose one the PS2 version would definitely be it.

ice-9

20. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

go to www.segadojo.com
    Believe what u may.
    It's not my wish for it to appear of the GC.
    but it can appear on it for all i care.

<font color=red>SummErs' 'mibu's lone wolf'<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by SummErs on 3/1/01 07:22 PM.</FONT></P>