1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Rumor Bin

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by SummAh, Mar 1, 2001.

1. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Re: maybe the right decission at the wrong time..

Good call Ice.

that would have been the choice I'll make.

<font color=red>SummErs' 'mibu's lone wolf'

2. Guest

Guest Guest

jtx

im implying a reply to nascar's post and yours, just thought id use yours as a basis since i think it raises similar points that i wish say. just doing this to save time. im not ignoring you nascar! :)

"Am I the only one who thinks the X-Box will be a failure. "
    could be

"Almost all of their big name titles are ports of PS2 games. You cannot succeed that way."
    yes. a rumor ive heard which i put more weight on than the gc rumor, is that vf is coming to xbox. i think microsoft is smart and devious enough to know (unless theyre really stupid) that they need good console style games for that system. they have none. they are going to get crap pc ports. the question is, if they are serious enough about being in this industry, or if they dont mind having pc ports (could fit into their larger strategy, maybe. who knows wtf theyre thinking. see: sony.)
    anyway, if this is the highly competitivemicrosoft we all know and love, you can be they are trying extremely hard to get sega. thats how id imagine things are going. just my opinion. its either that, or they dont think they need sega (incredibily fucking stupid, cuz without sega theyve got crap pc ports and a an xbox version of mgs2. and malice which isnt enough and i think will suck too) OR it is not their plan to really really compete in this generation.
    thats all my ideas/opinions

"The only impressive title that is all their own is Malice and I have serious questions about the game play of that title."
    yeah. any title with good gameplay tends to come from japan, have u noticed.

"Then there is the question of that fickle Japanese game market."
    very fickle. i think sega should give up on them for a while. sega tries hard over there, they dont get good payback. ive said that before. that solves the fickle problem. putting vf on xbox means theyre not soley focusing on japan. which is good. if the rumor i heard was true.

"I just do not see that machine wining the console wars maybe a distant third."
    xbox wont win in japan or do good at all. i heard they were considering not even releasing it there or releasing it late? it would be a very smart move to release it there late. the japanese will hate xbox, theyre very fickle, theyl think of it as a 3do or a pc, (we'l find out if theyre right... hehe)
    theres no chance xbox will do remotely good there, ONLY POSSIBLE IF IT GETS SEGA. maybe that wont even be enough. sega had uh... sega and look what happened to them.

"VF4 on the Game Cube also seems very unlikely. Sega themselves stated that they would take a close look at each machines demographic and then decide which machine would get each game. Historically Nintendo has had the younger demoigraphic while Sony has had the twenty something demographic firmly in grasp."

well the fact is, up to this point from what we know about GC, both the consumer and the developers themselves doubt that nintendo will go after mature gamers. gamers see not enough mature games announced. id does not seem like a mature gaming machine. nintendo should do something to fix that but they DONT DO ANYTHING! insane. even developers are saying 'i hope they focus on mature market to make gc more of a success and so i have a reason to develop mature games for it" and what does nintendo do? SAY NOTHING.
    ah, old man nintendo.

"I dont see X-Box being a factor in Sega's plans unless it is popular in japan we all know how much Sega loves the japanese gamer." this is what ive been saying for months, the segs loving japan. but if they do dev for xbox, it means they wised up and arent focusing so much on japan anymore. it is possible to wise up.

3. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Well-Known Member

yes the x box will fail do you know why? does anyone rember the 3DO? that had backing by parasonic ( i know i spelled it wrong sorry) and had a lot of money behind it but it still failed.

'Strong body but a weak mind' Sam Seed from Drunken Masters

4. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

xbox will lead! trust me. $5 on it!

<font color=red>PICCOLO</font color=red>
    [censored] spelling!

5. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Yeah - I still have a 3DO.

Betcha didn't know that the 3DO can play DVDs. did ya? (it needs an compressor card thingy that's impossible to find - but hey, IF you had the card, you could play DVDs...)

I don't think the 3DO is what historically may happen to Xbox. IMO, the grapical power of the Xbox is overwhelming. Combine this with developers who are warmed by Microsoft's funding for marketing and I think it will go skyhigh.

cheers,

<font color=orange> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=orange>

6. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Yes the graphical capabilities are very impressive and yes they have alot of big name devolopers on board but they have yet to name anything that is not a port of a PS2 game which is my big problem with the x-Box.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

7. nascarbryant

nascarbryant Well-Known Member

Then summers and Ice will definitely play the grapicly infirior version,..... hehehehe

Still it's all about gameplay isn't it.....

8. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Funny u should say.

I just typed out a long past, stressing on the importance of gameplay over graphics..how the casual video games consumers, regular video games consumers and hard core video game consumers see things differently.

but I deleted it...cause I suddenly remembered I typed up a similar post(in greater detail this time though) a week back.

"Still it's all about gameplay isn't it....."

It should have been the case, and should always be the case.
    I'm with Yamaguchi.

Lotsa developers nowadays, just haven't got a clue on how to make games.

More importantly, they are clueless on what type of games to make!

"Then summers and Ice will definitely play the grapicly infirior version"

Ice and I will definitely choose that...as will many others on this board.

More importantly, if the cosmetic changes between the two versions are kinda like the way it was between DOA2:HC/DOA2:LM

I Know I won't pick up the second one.
    Dunno abt Ice.
    And I'm not about to speak for him.

However, if the differences are to the extend that me as the gamer actually prefers the GC version, I"LL GET IT!

I'm still getting the GC, regardless of VF4 appearing on it...period!

<font color=red>SummErs' 'mibu's lone wolf'

9. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

I too will be purchase a Game Cube and Game Boy Advance in hopes of a good Metroid game and a 2-D Castlevania. I also think Sega would be retarded not to put the Shinobi games on the Game Boy Advance.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

10. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I will purchase the best home version of VF4, regardless of what platform it belongs on...

ice-9

11. nascarbryant

nascarbryant Well-Known Member

I totaly agree to that. that's why i trust Nintendo and Sega so much, because I know there you have people like Miyamoto,Yuji Naka people like them put a lot of effort to push the geners forward. I hate if something stands still (for example shows only mainly cosmetic changes and minor gameplay enhancements).
    The DC had so much innovative Software, sadly the massmarket didn't apreciate that. With such business-models failing, others will continue to put the money mainly in marketing and not in the products. If people continue to reward cheap sequelpolitics, then there is were the whole industry will go(Resident Evil 1-4,Tomb raider 1-5,Cool Boarders 1-5,Ridge Racer 1-6,Spyro the Dragon 1-3,Final Fantasy 1-11,...)

for example Namco's official release list for PS2 this year:

Tekken 4
    Soul Calibur 2
    Ace Combat 4
    Tennis Game
    Baseball Game
    Soccer Game
    Vampire Night (Arcade & PS2; completly develloped by the House of the Dead 2 makers..wow enterteinment-sega
    Tales of X (co-develop by Namco and Telenet Japan)
    Mr. Driller New Work
    New Ridge Racer
    New Moto GP

This makes me worry.....Okay we have also got VF4, but each VF made huge steps forward with a lot of innovation, and you didn't have every year a sequel(exept VF1 to VF2), VF3 was shown in the Aou in 1996 ,thats 5 years ago. I can't imagine VF4 with flat grounds and no dodge button(stick-fuck-dodge a la tekken SC). I hope VF4 shows a new inspiring way for this 3D fighter-Paradigma it created. I never thougt that a VF-Game would make 'some steps backward' in terms of Gameplay.mechanics.....

P.S I hope Sega wont make every year a new Sega Rally...

@ice 9 shame to Sega if the XBOX version and the Gamecube version won't look better then the PS2 version

12. replicant

replicant Well-Known Member

Since you aren't familiar with the X-Box. Here are some that aren't ports.

Breed
    Malice
    Heaven and Hell
    Halo
    Judge Dredd
    Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
    Fate
    New Legends
    Wiggles
    e-Racer
    Mutant Chronicles: Warzone Online
    1906: An Antarctic Adventure
    Title Defense
    WWF: Raw is War

There is 14 off the top of my head and there are surely more that I can't remember. I am not a M$ fan, but the X-Box seems to be on the right track to take over like Sony did in 95. Don't count them out, because you dislike Gates. Also, technically X-Box hasn't announced *ANY* titles officially. The developers are the ones leaking the information.

replicant
    "<font color=black>I</font color=black> <font color=blue>am</font color=blue> <font color=black>Shoalin</font color=black>-<font color=blue>Style</font color=blue>!"