1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

rumor time: VF Evolution coming?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by 3of19, May 10, 2002.

1. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

the rumors about an upgrade to VF4 have been circulating for quite some time. Latest rumors claim the game will feature 2 new characters and revised arenas. Supposedly an announcement is to be made at the Sega Private Show in June...
    It's quite a persistant rumor, even www.gamefront.de bothered to put it on their newspage (as unconfirmed news though).

2. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update. While they are (unfortunately) just rumors. Sega's is making a fortune off of VF4, and I think they'd want to keep that money in. Since the PS2 version, the arcades have been a bit less crowded, but shit -- they sold like 500,000 pieces the first day. I don't think they're too upset about the home version. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

3. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

More rumors...
    Supposedly the card system service from ver C will end after the game is put on the market. Presumably because everyone would have Evolution instead.
    Anyways, I saw the information listed on this site, but I dunno how reliable it is:
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.koue.co.jp/V1/>http://www.koue.co.jp/V1/</a>

4. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

More messageboard unconfirmed nonsense, the fact that this is a Japanese BBS doesnt add anny credibility whatsoever .
    They talk as much crap and have as manny stupid fanboys as the West .
    Its a universal thing to talk crap .

5. vf4akira

vf4akira Well-Known Member

Well, I'd expect that once you use your card in a VF evolution machine, then it would no longer work in a Ver C machine. That's what happened between the previous versions. But you'd need a new card anyway if you wanted to use it with a new character.

Somehow I doubt any arcade in Japan will refuse to upgrade to the newest vf4 when it comes out. So the whole "Ver C service is going away" concern wouldn't be a problem at all.

6. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

I can buy part of it. Here's what I predict:

1: You can upgrade your Ver. C cards to use on Evolution, and as w/ Versions A & B, you can't use them on Ver. C anymore. VF4 hasn't even been out a year in the arcades... I don't think evolution (or whatever's next) will be anything more than an upgrade.

2: Nobody has even hit highest VF.net ranking yet, so I seriously doubt they're going to tell everyone to start over. Sega isn't that stupid.

3: While Japan does have nimrod fanboys starting rumors, it's nowhere near as bad as the west -- the creative juices don't flow as much over here.

7. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

Minaduki, the site that many news sites copy off of, reported that VF4 Evo will be displayed at Sega's private arcade show in the summer and had the following details:

- 2 new characters
    - all new stages
    - Version C vf.net service will end upon Evo release

8. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

Re: rumor time: VF Evolution coming!

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.gamefront.de>www.gamefront.de</a> posted this news today:
    "ARCADE: Sega hat heute auf einer Pressekonferenz in Japan die Entwicklung von Virtua Fighter Evolution bestätigt. Es handelt sich um ein Update zu Virtua Fighter 4, bei dem es neue Kämpfer und Arenen gibt. Release: August 2002 (Japan).
    Gleichzeitig hat Sega die Entwicklung einer Xbox-Arcade Hardware bestätigt, für die in Kürze die ersten Spiele vorgestellt werden sollen. "

ARCADE: Today Sega held a pressconference at wich they confirmed the development of Virtua Fighter Evolution. It is an update to Virtua Fighter 4 and will feature new fighters and arenas. Release: August 2002 in Japan.
    At the same time Sega confirmed the development of an Xbox based arcade hardware. The first games for the system will be announced shortly."

OMG!!!
    Everybody rumored, nobody believed, but you see: IT IS TRUE!

9. alucard

alucard Well-Known Member

I wonder if the rest of the world will get to play it, in the arcades that is.

10. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

I knew it was true but I don't think it will be available out of jap arcades. Perhaps the X-Box version (if there is one) will be this one.

11. blackshadow

blackshadow Well-Known Member

dammit evolution should be on ps2 and instead of bein gay like a lot of games u should be able to tranfser ur files on virtua fighter 4 to vf4 evolution so u can keep ur old items and get the new ones if there r ne new ones

12. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

Who said it would come out for console at all? The game has just been announced for arcade, and Sega hasn't even disclosed which board yet.
    I believe it to be on N@OMI2 though, anything else wouldn't make sense, since Sega would have to reprogram the entire game from the ground up.
    Personally I think the game will come out on PS2 first, since this is the strongest system in Japan. And besides, AM2 would only have to make some modifications to the existing VF4 build instead of programming it completely on Xbox.

13. Deniz

Deniz Well-Known Member

Personally I think the game will come out on PS2 first, since this is the strongest system in Japan.

What if the PS2 is incapable of coping with the design needs (e.g., graphics) of the new game? Something as "simple" as a return of Taka and the inabililty to properly model his body's responses to attacks (a problem Yu has given as a key reason for Taka' exclusion from VF4) could virtually force what system this might appear on. Yu has reported being very satisfied with what he is able to do with Shenmue II on the Xbox.

AM2 would only have to make some modifications to the existing VF4 build instead of programming it completely on Xbox.

What makes you think they haven't already been programming this for the Xbox to begin with? I would be very surprised to see this go anywhere besides the Xbox...

14. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

I would rather have evolutions on PS2, it's a silly reason but since I only have a pad to use I would still prefer it over Xbox's crappy controller.

15. Cause

Cause Well-Known Member

To add to this fact

The Naomi 2 is FAAAAAAAAAAAR more similar to the Xbox than the PS2, I'm sure a naomi 2 perfect or greater port would be far easier than what they did with the PS2 version.

16. YuniYoshi

YuniYoshi Well-Known Member

Re: To add to this fact

"I believe it to be on N@OMI2 though, anything else wouldn't make sense, since Sega would have to reprogram the entire game from the ground up."

Umm... ever heard of the Triforce board? This is what Sega is focusing on right now. I wouldn't be surprised to hear of it coming to Triforce and being ported to GameCube. Afterall, GameCube is getting the Virtua Fighter adventure game that they are making right now.

17. Cause

Cause Well-Known Member

I seriously doubt it will be on Triforce......

I also would not expect the VF Adventure game to be ..... as adult orientated as say Shenmue.

18. YuniYoshi

YuniYoshi Well-Known Member

Re: I seriously doubt it will be on Triforce......

What does that have to do with anything?

19. Deniz

Deniz Well-Known Member

SEGA is also making an arcade board for the Xbox. And yes, they could also possibly make a GameCube version of the game. But the VF4 Revolution news fits too well with the Xbox rumors for me not to expect it to appear on the Xbox; and so far, there are no GameCube rumors concerning a VF fighter game. The OXM, which was the source of the Xbox rumors, has a very good track record for disclosing inside information early; and things seem to be unfolding so far just as they indicated (including the alleged two new characters and the timeframe of the arcade version).

20. Torneko

Torneko Well-Known Member

Hmm, after reading Xengamers interview with Kihara, Xbox VF4 is unlikely, but you can always hope I guess.

XenGamers: There have been rumors suggesting Virtua Fighter 4 will be released for Xbox, can you discuss that?

Kihara: There were rumors on the net about VF 4.1 for Xbox, weren't there? Famitsu asked us about it too. The truth is, we are not developing any such game. If someone has created a VF4.1 for Xbox, please give it to us! (laughs).

XenGamers: So there no plans for an Xbox version of VF4 in the future?

Kihara: No.