1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sabaki chart question..

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Mike90210, Mar 23, 2002.

1. Mike90210

Mike90210 Well-Known Member

What do HE and ME stand for?

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    HE = High Elbow
    ME = Mid Elbow

3. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Myke, can you give an example of a HE attack?

4. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

Kage's b+P...

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    HE's

AFAIK, there's only one High Elbow in the game: Vanessa's Lightning Elbow [MT] f+P+K.

I used to think Kage's b+P was HE too, but in fact it's not. The game treats it as a HP attack class. The fact that Jacky can auto-parry Kage's b+P proves this, since the auto-parry only works against HP and MP. Similarly, with Vanessa's hand hold in DS -- she'll catch Kage's b+P, even though she can only catch HP and MP. It's the same with Wolf's Elbow Butt, b+P, which is another elbow attack that hits high, but is treated as a HP attack class.

Just to consolidate all the attack classes and abbreviations used on the command lists, this is what I'm using:

HP = high punch
    MP = mid punch
    LP = low punch

HK = high kick
    MK = mid kick
    LK = low kick

EL = elbow
    HE = high elbow (special case)
    KN = knee

SM = somersault attack
    CR = crescent kick (a high/mid circular or spinning attack)
    SW = sweep (a low circular or spinning attack)

6. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Re: HE's

Thanks for clearing that up Myke.

You can find a similar abbreviation guide for the virtuaproject movelists by clicking on the "legend" link at the top of the page when you are looking at any particular character's list.