1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Louis, MO. <New Blood>

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Stl_Tim, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Can it seriously be a new player after all this time?
    Where you at in STL?

Hollah [​IMG]

2. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

Danno's Pub might be willing to do a release day tourney. They have fight nights on Wednesday on a weekly basis and the manager seemed open to the idea. The SF/Tekken/other game's communities meet there, although if there's low participation I'm not going to put much effort into evangelizing there.

3. Stl_Tim

Word, I'm done with asking stl people to play. My approach now is just play and the people that want to try it out then so be it. I should have just done that all along rather than defend vf like it was the holy grail. I'm down to try out the tavern when fs hits.

Hollah..

4. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

Where's everyone else, anyway? I tried posting about the VF tourney series in norcal on FB a bit on the bar warz page.

I might go to one but there are other things I could spend that money on.

5. xenomorph

xenomorph New Member

stl in the building...what's good TIM? this is Ryan. Can't wait for this game to drop!!! *DROOLING* hopefully I can catchup with you sometime..peace

6. Stl_Tim

Yo Ryan, what's been good? I haven't seen ya in years! It's good to see your still interested in vfing. Hit me up with your number and we can catchup.

7. xenomorph

xenomorph New Member

Will do...yeah It's been like forever! I'll be giving you a call real soon. Yo what's a good time to reach you?

8. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

UFGT8, May 27th-29th in Chicago will have VF5FS, I guess like FR and other events have had it earlier this year.

Hopefully a few people can make it out to play. STL is going to have some people there for capcom stuff ofc. I'm still not sure if I can go right now.

9. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

err 25th-27th sorry for the mixup

10. Koga316

Koga316 Member

Sup guys. Trying to get into VF5FS.

11. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

I'll add you on XBL Koga. The netcode is pretty durn good at 3 bars.

I noticed StlBarWarz wanted to have a VF side tourney during the next MvC3 event. I'll make it out to that. Hopefully we can get something going here with FS, but like I posted earlier I'm not too into seeking people out anymore.

Anyone wanting to have hookups for this game? I could host in a pinch, but my space is a little limited so it's not ideal. Anyways, if all of us can get on the same page once a week that would kick ass.

12. Koga316

Koga316 Member

Im having a hook up thursday if anyone wants to drop by. I stay in CWE. Address is 4049 West Pine Blvd Apt. 208 St. Louis, MO 63108.

13. Stl_Tim

What day and time @ dano's?? Should we bring our own setups?

14. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

I think they wanted to run a side thing on the 25th but I'm not sure. There are a few people interested too, fwiw.

They have games/tournaments every monday night. http://stlbarwarz.tumblr.com has info/address/etc. It's held in the part of the building adjacent to the bar btw - they set it up for fighting game nights. There's a FB group too, if you do that.

15. Koga316

Koga316 Member

Hook up still happenin so swing by if ya can. Call/text my phone at (314)482-6321 if need be

16. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Hi, I will be in St. Louis for ~2 months after the EVO event. So is Stl Bar Warz, the place to be for weekly VF games?

17. IKizzLE

IKizzLE New Member

Whats going on.
    I live in Downtown STL and will moving to creve couer nx month.

Looking to meet up and play offline Vf5fs.
    Do people go to dannos on monday to play?

18. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

STLBarWarz should have a few newer VF players there. Most weeks I cannot make it out to Dannos, but that should be changing soon. Their gatherings are on Monday nights, with the occasional Wednesday tournament. The FB group is where the information gets posted mostly: https://www.facebook.com/groups/162477990468832/

There's a sub-group for various games including FS, mainly for gameplay-related stuff.

19. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Thanks for the info Emx. Will take a couple weeks to get situated, but meeting up at Dannos sounds like a good idea.

Anyone know how you can verify a facebook account without a cell phone? During sign up they are asking for my cell phone to text me a code (a second code beside the confirmation code from email). I have an archaic phone and don't have texting options available.

20. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    I am still trying to get my facebook account up and running (facebook customer service not be very helpful). Will there be anyone going to Dannos tommorow to play some VF5FS?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.