1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sammo Hung

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Drunken_Master, Jan 18, 2001.

1. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Well-Known Member

i am just wondering how many fo you here would like a Sammo Hung clone for the next virtua fighter game? tekken have there Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan clones and Shun is basicly Sam Seed from drunken masters. what do you think

'Strong body but a weak mind' Sam Seed from Drunken Masters

2. nxw0016

nxw0016 Well-Known Member

Interesting idea. It is always fun to see how some chunky man can still move quickly (like Sammo). It would be interesting if there is a character like that in the next VF (other than Taka of course). It does not have to be Sammo Hung clone, a similar character will be good.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Why not a "Wong fei hung" character?

4. Finsane

Finsane Member

A Wong Fei Hung -type would be great. The hairstyle and all...

5. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Which Wong Fei Hung look are you talking about? There were so many actors who had portrayed Wong Fei Hung. Jet Li, Jacky Chan (oddly enough in Drunken Master), and many others.

However, there was one actor who portrayed Wong Fei Hung in a much earlier time whom the original Wong Fei Hung's wife commented of having a striking resemblence to the real Wong Fei Hung. I can scan a picture of that guy if you like. He looks very different from the Jet Li portrayel I can tell you that. IMO, he doesn't look all that "charismatic."

However, if you are referring to the traditional shaved head with a small area of hair sprouting a long ponytail, I always liked that look. Traditional (but not fancy) garments as well.

I still like the look of Lau's character as well, ever since VF1 (that was the actual reason I played him in VF1, I actually thought he looked cool).

-Chanchai

6. Finsane

Finsane Member

Yeah, I meant the halfshaved head and the simple white clothing.
    I would also like an old karate master, a bit like the one in Fist of Legend.

7. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Well-Known Member

or a someone like the main villain from drunken masters ( the first one) he was called Thunder Foot and hit kicking style was amazing

'Strong body but a weak mind' Sam Seed from Drunken Masters

8. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I thought Thunder/Club/Devil foot was in Drunken Master 2 (released in the US as Legend of Drunken Master)?! If that's the same one I'm thinking of, that's James Lew.