1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Samurai Shodown 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by MadeManG74, Jul 4, 2019.

1. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Who's playing this game? Thoughts on it?
    I'm quite enjoying it so far, particularly as it seems to have a different style to most (all?) of the other fighting games coming out lately.

I just wish it was on PC, but happy to stick to playing at events/local meetups for now.

cobratron likes this.
  2. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

This game is sick. I'm double dipping whenever the Switch port comes.

3. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Can someone confirm when you dodge a throw does it leave you both recovering to even (0) or does the dodger get guaranteed follow up?

4. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Play the game and figure it out dumbass.

5. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Haven't played it yet though. But I have been watching, the YoVideogames crew, play it these days.

6. cobratron

Cant confirm but it feels like both players are left at neutral after you dodge their throw attempt. Nothing guaranteed after that. It has pretty limited use imo.

7. MadeManG74

I'm currently using Earthquake, but I really enjoyed playing around with Kyoshiro as well. He seems quite slow and cumbersome, but has some potential with keep away.
    Not sure how you're supposed to use his frog move though.

8. cobratron

Have you been able to beat the Boss Shizuka with EQ? I heard its hard to deal with her fan attacks since they appear behind his avatar since he takes up so much screen space. I had a lot of trouble beating her the first time with Ukyo. But the second time around it took me 4 tries.

I really think this is the most fun boss fight in a fighting game that I can remember.

9. cobratron

Man I dropped Smash and MK11 like a bad habit since Samsho came out. I was playing Smash for hours everyday but I feel like there's too much too many variables and matchups to get really good. This game feels just right and fair (except Genjuro *cough*). Hopefully people stick around for this one for a long time.

jimi Claymore likes this.
  10. MadeManG74

Honestly, I haven't played the single player yet, since I only get to play the game at meetups. I don't have a PS4 yet :x

I find Earthquake is pretty good for vs at least, I just need an answer for opponent jumping in on me.

11. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Dreamiestboat
    XBL:
    tehmarcerer
    More people should play Ukyo

12. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Dreamiestboat
    XBL:
    tehmarcerer
    Yeah at my locals there was a lot of Yoshitora as well, everyone wants to hit seventh sword. Ukyo is a great pick though, I think he's one of those characters where he just can't be bad. Wish he still had his 5AB from V Special though, I want to take half health at half screen

13. Lygophilia

Lygophilia Well-Known Member

It's estimated to be winter for the Nintendo Switch version, so I'll wait for it. I have to face the reality that I have limited options from only having a Switch. Time to move on from retro sadly (keeping Weaponlord and few others though).

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019