1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

San Diego VF (SDVF)

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by jinxhand, Jun 26, 2012.

1. jinxhand

jinxhand Well-Known Member

Yes, there's a few Cali threads; but, just like any other site, a specific thread for players in SD is needed, so here we go!!!

Anybody living in, moving to, or coming to visit SD, please post up. There's quite a few people that are interested in learning VF, or who already know how to play and want some comp.

2. jinxhand

Not to double post (can't edit OP), but here's a quick announcement.

CO (Cosmic Odyssey) is gonna hold sessions from 8pm til Midnight. The address is 1235 Highland Avenue. It's literally next to a cheese steak joint called McGonagle's. I'll be having at least 1 VF setup. If you have a setup, please bring it, and as many people as you can.

If you have any questions, comments, or whatever, please hit me up, either post up here, twitter (@jinxhand), or PM your # and I'll call ya. Peace!

3. phanatik

phanatik Well-Known Member

XBL:
    I phanatik I
    SD in the house.

4. tenren

tenren Well-Known Member

finally out here, now to get my stuff unpacked

5. jinxhand

Cool man!!! Glad to have you in the area!!! Hope you get adjusted to everything here.

Lemme know when you guys are available, and perhaps I can get with the owner of CO and set something up, even if it's not on a Monday. This week is kinda hectic because of Comicon, but still keep your eyes peeled as something might go down still.

6. SQUIIDUX

SQUIIDUX Active Member

PSN:
    SQUIDUX
    Camp Pendleton here. SD County.

7. tenren

tenren Well-Known Member

yah we are going to walk around, I didnt get time to get a badge to comiccon but will go to all the free events.

8. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Man... I need to plan a San Diego trip out for next year...

9. PineTree

PineTree Well-Known Member

PSN:
    xPINETREEx
    XBL:
    PinesTree
    Although I'm from Arizona I visit Cali often, and San Diego is closer than Orange County so if there's any events post up and I'll try to make some of them.

10. tenren

tenren Well-Known Member

so heard about this on the news this morning http://www.gam3rcon.com/ it dosnt look to big and there is no VF but might go by and check it out

11. jinxhand

I gotta check that out...

As it stands, CO is going down Monday evening. If you guys wanna hold a session another time during the week also, let me know and we can try to arrange something.

12. hseiken1

hseiken1 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    hseiken
    SD here. My roommate plays VF as well (he's not a part of the forums...yet)

I'm down for some games. I only have 1 stick, so if you come to my pad to play and want to play with a stick, gotta bring your own.

13. jinxhand

Welcome everybody!!!

CO is located at 1235 Highland Avenue, next to McGonagles.

It's $2 bucks, unless you bring a setup, then it's free. It starts at 8PM, but feel free to come through a bit earlier, and we can chat it up or something.

I'm bringing my setup. Bring the players, as many as you can fit in your cars!!! Let's show these people that this game is seriously dope!!!

14. hseiken1

XBL:
    hseiken
    I'll try and be there along with my roommate.

15. hseiken1

XBL:
    hseiken
    Oh when you say setup, does it include tv and controllers?

16. jinxhand

Yes, it's usually a decent monitor (or crt), a console, and at least 1 controller or stick that counts as a setup. If you're unable to, it's no biggie, since I'll be bringing my 360.

If you have converters or dual modded sticks, please bring those, too. Since I'm not sure if there's anyone who's bringing a ps3...

17. hseiken1

XBL:
    hseiken
    Well, it's a pain to get the CRT's we got out of where they are, but we'll bring a single stick...and a 2 dolla bill.

18. jinxhand

Cool. Hope to see you guys there.

Oh yeah, if you take the back door entrance, there's a white door with the Joker's face on it. You can't miss it.

19. hseiken1

XBL:
    hseiken
    Dude, we showed up and they said it's a NO GO. Dammit!

20. jinxhand

Yeah my bad man. I got word at the last minute. I'm here actually posting this. I'll ht up the owner and see what's up. I'll keep u guys posted.

So I'm hosting sessions in my garage in 30-45 minutes. Post up if you're down and I'll give you my info.