1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

San Diego VF (SDVF)

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by jinxhand, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

This will be a bit of a rant so please be aware of that...

This past weekend NEC 13 happened on the East Coast and if you are not aware, most of the top players from the East Coast did not make the event.

I DO NOT want to see the same thing happen during this event. If you live on the West Coast. San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles, Arizona, Vegas, Northern California, etc... Then mark January 18th-20th as a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday that you are going to be in Irvine for Socal Regionals.
    SEE YOU ALL THERE!

phanatik and hseiken1 like this.
  2. phanatik

phanatik Well-Known Member

XBL:
    I phanatik I
    LOL

3. Brisal73

4. phanatik

XBL:
    I phanatik I
    All you guyses in SD:
    My home will be open for some offline practice Friday, 4/5/2013. I know this is really late, but hit me up if you can stop by. PM me for more info.

5. hseiken1

hseiken1 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    hseiken
    This Friday, hopefully, we can get some stuff going at Salt Mines. Address is 7969 Engineer Rd #114. Looks like a hotel, bottom floor end of parking lot. Likely you'll hear fighting game sounds, so follow that. :)

I plan on attending and I think Jinx is planning on going, too. If anyone else out there in San Diego is reading this, hopefully you guys are able to show support. :)

6. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Hope the SD scene has been doing awesome! I still hope to visit you guys in the near future and play some VF (I have access to a place in SD even...).

It was also great to finally meet Hseiken (only briefly and with no games unfortunately) and Death Walks Alone (man, this guy has so much potential in VF it's scary, I know he's already fulfilled a lot in DoA) at Sega Cup! It was also awesome to see some old friends in the scene too!

That said, I'm invading your thread to do a friendly reminder that the Northwest Majors are coming up in Seattle. The event is located near the airport so the trip can be made reasonably affordable as lodging is pretty cheap and local travel requirements are very low. You can read more info at the official site or the thread here on VFDC where I'll be posting more info and tips for the event!

Official Site: www.northwestmajors.com
    VFDC thread: http://virtuafighter.com/threads/8-jun-2013-northwest-majors-des-moines-wa.18007/

7. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    Hello again, VFDC. I'm in San Diego now, and while I know this thread hasn't been updated for a little while I figured I'd try and reach out anyways. Has this thread been overtaken by the more general SoCal thread?

My transportation options are limited right now, but I'll make an effort to meet up with anyone. I also want to make a trip up to the L.A. area in mid March, I'd like to kick some rust off my wheels before SEGA cup rolls around.

:D

phanatik and Chanchai like this.
  8. phanatik

XBL:
    I phanatik I
    I'm in Ramona. I have a busy schedule, but we should play some offline before Sega Cup.

9. hseiken1

XBL:
    hseiken
    I'm always around. PM me. I don't have an 360 or PS3, but I got a stick. If you can supply the other parts, I need the practice. I've been training on 4EVO, I need some FS specific stuff.

10. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    I live in Point Loma, on the Naval Base. I know there's a stop that takes me to the trolley nearby, but I haven't used the public transportation yet. Ramona seems pretty far, but I'm sure we'd be able to work something out at least once before Sega Cup. Check your PM hseiken, hopefully we can meet up!

11. phanatik

XBL:
    I phanatik I
    Just so you guys know I have a full Xbox set up. I also have one ps3 stick.

12. phanatik

XBL:
    I phanatik I
    BTW, I just was talking with VFnumbers earlier today; he says what's up to Ladon. So Ladon, you're a Shun player?

13. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    Tell 9734 I say what's up :D Yeah, my FS mains are Shun and Sarah, my sub is El Blaze. I take it you play with Lei, which is great because I don't know much about him in FS!

phanatik likes this.
  14. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    Just want to shout out to hseiken and say thanks for being a great host and for the great games. We must've played about a hundred matches, and they were all nail biters :D Thanks a ton, looking forward to playing with you again, be it with just you or in a group!

hseiken1 likes this.
  15. hseiken1

XBL:
    hseiken
    Hey, Phanatik, Ladon, if I can get in touch with Jinxhand, you guys down for an invasion of VF at Salt Mines on Friday night this week?

phanatik likes this.
  16. Brisal73

For those that do not follow the Facebook : Virtua Fighter Southern California page.

I know there is a small turnout for WNF every week, but I would like to plan something bigger for March 19th. Hopefully this two week notice will get some people to WNF (including myself Brisal). Then have another meetup on April 16th and 23rd, and a possible casual session coming on April 18th or 19th (more info to come regarding that).

hseiken1 likes this.
  17. phanatik

XBL:
    I phanatik I
    Let me check my sched. I'll get back asap/

18. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    I'm down for that :) I won't have my stick until April 8th though.

19. phanatik

XBL:
    I phanatik I
    I think I can swing this Friday. I can bring my full set up. Xbox. Let me know. I have two MadCatz sticks.

20. Macc

Macc Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SRKMacc
    XBL:
    Macc
    Sup guys. I am in the SD area for the next two weeks for work and was wondering if there are any VF meetups or sessions I could hit up while I am here.