1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

sand/snow molding

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by marcel, Dec 26, 2001.

1. marcel

marcel Well-Known Member

Understand 90% of my posts are questions so please if you read this reply (pleading face and tear in eye) I know both sand and snow deform as fighters walk on it but do they deform in the same way?

2. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

No, the snow is much deeper (up to the chracter's ancles) and doesn't get thrown into the air like the sand does. If the match was long enough (like best 4 out of 7) you would eventually see the tile pattern below the snowy ring. There is no "ring floor" under the sand. It's just a big sand box. There's a Pai winning taunt where she kicks up her left leg in a circular motion that throws sand high into the air if she wins on Jeff's stage.

You can make snow angels after getting thrown by Wolf's giant swing /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

3. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

yupa
    u guys already knew abt the snow letting u insert an extra hit at the end of somecombos rite!

4. Yang

Yang Member

i don't get it. can you please elaborate. thanks.

5. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

No, I didn't know that. How do you mean? Are tech rolls slowed down by the snow or something? <boggle>
    The different ring floor and effects are just eye candy as far as I know... I haven't noticed any affects on character movement or on the bounce combos...

Oh, and it is dissapointing that there aren't any splashes from the puddles on Lau's great wall stage. Compared to what's going on when you fight in the snow stage, you would think that the splashes would have been pretty easy to implement, no? I mean they could have done something similar to the way the floor breaks apart on the temple stage, but have water splash up instead of bits of the floor.

6. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

When I first saw the stage and reflections on Lau's stage in pictures, I didn't think they were puddles, but polished rock/marble/whatever. Kind of like VF2 Dural's stage.

7. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Oops! Then that explains why there aren't any splashes... =)