1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sarah’s flamingo stance is broke as f*ck.

Discussion in 'Sarah' started by Saiten, May 15, 2006.

1. nin

nin Well-Known Member

Re: Sarah’s flamingo stance is broke as f*ck.

Please read the YY stance folow up in the AOI document section....written by me

2. Vortigar

Vortigar Well-Known Member

My main gripes are against Lion and Kage but Sarah's caused me quite some difficulty.

As said Flamingo can be beaten by a well timed dodge (follow with anything fast, but not the built in PKG).

You can also simply block high, wait for the triple kick combo (which the AI will use about 80% of the time) and counter with a simple P jab after the third kick. Yes, even if she finished the triple kick combo with a low kick and you got hit because of that.

Inputting a high reversal after she enters the stance is a good guess as well. I used to pull that one with Pai a lot.

That first special high kick is a total b#^% though, since she can also opt to throw instead of open with that one.

3. Saiten

Saiten Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    nin said:

Please read the YY stance folow up in the AOI document section....written by me

[/ QUOTE ]

link?

4. nin

nin Well-Known Member

Please click the button that said AOi on the top of this page....or use the search function

5. Warm

Warm Member

I mainly play Akira and only have one opponent that plays me and he only plays sarah some of the time but Blackwidow kicked my ass enough in quest mode that I had to practice a bit to beat her. I found that Akira has a really nice option IMO for the flamingo stance which is the 4pkg. It deflects her k and her p options (i think 3k also but maybe not) for pretty heavy follow up damage if you get the 6p and I don't have a ps2 with me and I haven't played in a while so I don't remember if you're throwable while 4pkg is executing but I would guess not so if that's the case then all the sarah's k, p's, and throws are nullified leaving her with just the hit throw and the other attacks with long startup time which should be reacted to accordingly. I don't have any frame data but the 4pkg executes really quickly so you can wait till the sarah begins her movement from flamingo stance to see if you 4pkg it or not, after enough times you'll probably discourage your opponent with the damage that you can mostly count on the hit throw which you can evade and counter to break the flamingo stance or low block to put yourself back into the situation you were. Of course, I'm not a very experienced player, I'm rusty, and I love 4pkg so anyone reading this should probably test this out in training mode.

6. WhiteAngel50000

WhiteAngel50000 Well-Known Member

Sarah's Flamingo stance is not broken, it's too good, I use it alot to get good set ups.

7. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Hello old thread. How you doing? You've grown a lot in the past year.

Yeah, I saw you at birth, the baptism, prom, when you caught herpes, first car crash... time flies.