1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sarah Combo Exhibition @ www.gamecombos.com

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by tragic, Apr 21, 2002.

1. tragic

tragic Well-Known Member

Re: hi

try:

f+k, b,b+p, tt k (wall) fc,f+k,k...

... then finish with u/b+k or d/b+k. same damage either way. u/b+k is very hard to connect, you have to be at a slight angle from the wall before starting (off center, to the right slightly). d/b+k will usually hit if both knees connect.

ben

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Excellent clip! Something VF probably needs more of to bring more attention its way, and well... Tragic, you're one of the guys that can do it amazingly well.

-Chanchai

3. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

ahh...I'm at home at the moment and was trying that out. The reason they were tech-rolling all the time on me was that I wasn't prtty much dead-on, straight into the wall. Doing any of these at an angle causes them to be able to tech roll. *shrug* oh well...still some great combos /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Oh and you didn't tell me that last combo was "ladies only" /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif. I was trying it on Lei forever, before I switched to Pai. Actually I dunno if it'll even work on Van/Sarah. The rising knee timing for Pai had to be pretty much spot on like Akira's shoulder,dblplm enders only a lot more situationally dependent.

4. siLEpai

siLEpai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    siLEPai
    Dude, that was awesome! Especially with the Metallica mixed in. I like her Qte bunny outfit too but I didn't see any bunny hoppin' like you normally do against me!!! It's no wonder your Sarah kicks the living daylights out of my siLE=pai . . . I need bunny ears too =b J/K. Super duper job, Benny =b So when do we see one for shiny slick Kage too @_@?

5. tragic

tragic Well-Known Member

Works on Sarah. Might even be able to get in on a couple other slightly heavier chars. Anyway, that was one of the more high dmg ones that I cut from the vid... I thought the b,b+k starter looked more interesting hehe.

ben

6. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

Thought I'd throw this out for some folks interested in what's in the video. Tragic reviewed it yesterday and said it look ok, though some minor tweaks probably need to be clarified...

Legend:
    MC - Major counter, must interrupt opponents attack
    TT - Turn towards, any attack initiated with the back turned
    FC - From crouch, to use in a combo, the crouch must be buffered into the previous recovery animation, so as not to see the actual crouching
    FL - Flamingo stance, denotes that the motion this is attached to is done from Flsmingo stance only. The only moves this is not attached to is the standard P and d/f+P from flamingo stance as they are statistically no different than the normal (other than the punch does less damage)

Common notations:
    (G) - buffer clearing. Clears the buffer so that any canned strings from the attack this note is attached to will not occur. Not truly necessary, but enormously helpful for many of the punch to kick transfers.
    (F) - holding forward. While not immediately noticeable, the slight forward hitch that this gives enables many combos that are otherwise not possible. The action of holding forward should be initiated during the previous move's recovery, and does not having to be released unless another move requires directional inputs.
    u,b,d,f - the four prime directions up, back, down and forward. Diagonal components are expressed by using the two directions that the diagonal falls between, like u/f is the diagonal between up and forward.
    (wall hit) - the airborne opponent will make contact with the wall after the hit that precedes this note
    (wall stagger) - the standing opponent will smash into the wall and stagger away, leaving them open for more hits.
    (no charge) - this move can be held in check and powered up by holding the buttons down that actually release the move. This notation denotes that you do not hold the buttons down, but release them immediately.

Vs Everyone (done on Jeff), any stance
    MC d+K+G, u+K,P

Vs Shun or lighter (done on Shun), any stance
    MC TT d/b+K, (F)P,P,P,b+K

Vs Wolf or lighter, Jeff with a wall, any stance
    MC d/b+K, (F)(P(G),P(G)), f+P,K

Vs Sarah (Vanessa?) or lighter, any stance
    MC d/b+K, (F)(P(G),P(G)), u/b+K+G, d/f+K

Vs Lei Fei or lighter, any stance
    MC u+K+G, d/f+P,K, u+K

Vs Kage or lighter, open stance (maybe either)
    MC u/b+K+G, d+P, f+P,K

Vs Akira or lighter, any stance
    MC f+K, (F)P(G), b,b+P, d+K

Vs Pai/Aoi, any stance
    MC f+K, d/f+P,K, P(G), f+P,K

Vs Aoi (only?), any stance, requires specific spacing from the wall
    MC f+K, d/f+P,K, (wall hit), d/f+P,K, P,P,P,b+K

Vs Jacky or lighter, open stance
    MC f+K, (F)(P(G),P,P,P),b+K

Vs Lion or lighter, any stance
    MC u/b+K+G, d+P, d/f+K,K,b+K

Vs Lau or lighter, any stance(?)
    MC f+K, (F)(P(G),P(G)), u+K+G

Vs Vanessa or lighter, any stance
    MC f+K, f+P,d/f+P, d+K,K

Vs Aoi/Pai (or Aoi only?), any stance
    MC d+P+K,K, (F)(P(G),P(G)), u/b+K+G, d/f+K

Vs Anyone but Jeff, any stance
    MC d+K,K (wall hit), b,b+P, TT d/b+K

Vs Aoi/Pai, open stance
    MC f+K, (F)(K,P, P,P,P),b+K

Vs Shun or lighter, open stance
    MC u/b+K+G, d+P, FC f+K,K

Vs Anyone (done on Jeff), any stance, requires proper wall spacing
    MC d/b+K, f+P,d/f+P (wall hit), b+P+K, u+K

Vs Jacky or lighter, any stance, requires proper wall spacing
    MC d/b+K, (F)P(G), d/b+K (wall hit), (F)P,P,P,b+K

Vs Kage or lighter, any stance, requires proper wall spacing
    MC FC,f+K(wall hit),K, b,b+P, TT K, u/b+K

Vs Anyone, any stance, requires proper wall angle
    MC u|d+P+K+G (wall stagger), u|d+P+K+G (wall hit), u+P

Vs Aoi/Pai, any stance, requires proper wall spacing
    MC FC,K+G (no charge) (wall hit), b,b+P, TT d/b+K

Vs Lau or lighter, any stance, requires proper wall spacing
    MC f+K, d/f+P,K (wall hit), FL d/f+K, P,P,P,b+K

Vs Anyone's rising attack, any stance
    MC(by nature) u+K(G), d/f+P,K, u+K

Vs Lion's or lighter(?) rising attacks, any stance
    Back turned u+K, TT P(G), b+K, u+K

Vs Vanessa (only?) or lighter, any stance requires proper wall spacing
    MC f+K, d/f+P,K (wall hit), FL f+K, P, u/b+K

Vs Sarah or lighter, any stance, requires proper wall spacing
    MC TT b+K, (F)P,d+K (wall hit), FC,f+K,K, u+P

7. agios_katastrof

agios_katastrof Well-Known Member

Master of Puppets indeed. Wahoo.

8. sayow

sayow Well-Known Member

Kudos

<font color=yellow>You go, Ben! Thanks for the education; it's always appreciated. Don't let anyone bring you down. Keep up the good work!</font color=yellow>

9. Akira Taniguchi

Akira Taniguchi Well-Known Member

Good job with the Sarah clip. You always do the wierd and most damaging combos. I guess I'll have to pick
    a heavier character when I fight against you. Aoi and Pai is not a good choice against you. So what is going to be your next character? Kage, Akira? I'll be looking forward to the next clip.

10. tragic

tragic Well-Known Member

hehe... I'm not sure who I'll work on next. Maybe a movie with all the characters? HEHE!

ben

11. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Shun shun shun shun shun!!!!

12. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Some command input corrections:
    Ben, please comment if anything is incorrect.

Vs Lion or lighter, any stance
    MC u/b+K+G, d+P, d/f+K,K,b+K

Slide the stick from down to df and hold df to get the illusion-low kick combo. If you return the stick to neutral after the low punch, Sarah will do a ground kick instead.

Also note that all of the MC ub+K+G combos can also be done with the [FL]f+K+G as the initiating hit. The relationship of ub+K+G to [FL]f+K+G is similar to how you can interchange Sarah's knee and db+K dragon cannon.

Vs Vanessa or lighter, any stance
    MC f+K, f+P,d/f+P, d+K,K

Very cool... =)~~

Vs Aoi/Pai (or Aoi only?), any stance
    MC d+P+K,K, (F)(P(G),P(G)), u/b+K+G, d/f+K

AFAIK, MC is not required as the d+P+K,K always generates the same float height. If the first kick hits, so will the second if its not delayed, and you will get the float.

Vs Anyone (done on Jeff), any stance, requires proper wall spacing
    MC d/b+K, f+P,d/f+P (wall hit), b+P+K, u+K

Again, very cool... I've been trying to figure out how to get the b+P+K into more combos myself... =)

My scrubby six hitter vs. kumite Aoi at the beginning of a round is
    MC db+K, df+PK, PPPK
    No wall needed. The rising knee at the end does like 5 pts of damage, but I haven't double checked the actual value in free training yet. If you have a wall, you can add a P(G) before or after the df+PK.

Thank you Nutlog for the transcript of Ben's combos. It's a big help for modem users like me who can't download many movies.

13. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

Tragic what is your capture set-up and PC spec? Oh and do you use Prem to edit?

cheers

14. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

Yeah, the reason I left the MC on the d+P+K,K combo was that anyone doing it without the MC would not get the same damage that you see in the video. Mostly, didn't want people getting confused.

As for using the FL f+K+G instead of the u/b+K+G, yes, almost everything can be done, but the timing on some combos shifts dramatically and some of them actually become much harder.

15. number 6

number 6 Active Member

At Tragic's site www.gamecombos.com he has a video capture forum. I beleive he's posted at length in there about how he makes vids and what he uses.

16. savster

savster New Member

how did you do that dashing forward and fake flamingo thingie.. looks very kewl /versus/images/icons/smile.gif