1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sarah Combo question (evo)

Discussion in 'Sarah' started by KyPeN, Aug 22, 2003.

1. KyPeN

KyPeN Member

I can do a decent enough combo out of a counter/standing [3][3][K] (I usually do [3][P][K]---->[7][K], an other sugestions would be appreciated), but if the oponent is crouching, I can't pull crap.

Any good combos that anyone is familiar w/?

2. catharsis

catharsis Well-Known Member

If the opponent is crouching, don't go tossing out dragon cannons.. You may be better off with a elbow or sidekick stagger followup, or the [6][P][K]. I'm not sure if anything really spectacular CAN combo from a [3][3][K] on a crouching opponent. I'm tempted to say that [1][K]+[G][K] will, but it might rely on foot position.. Unfortunately, my PS2 is elsewhere right now, so I can't test that.

Regular followups: the [3][P][K][8][K] is pretty well standard, and does great damage. Plus, it'll work on any weight class out of either stance, so it's a good one to know. I don't watch foot position, because I don't find it particularly entertaining, so I rely on that combo quite a bit. On lightweights, though... and on MC, you can toss in a jab before the [3][P][K] to up the damage a bit.

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

If the opponent is standing and you nail the dragon cannon, you can do [3][3][K] --> [P] --> [3][3][K], [3][3][K] ... also [3][3][K] --> [K],[P] --> [6][P],[K]. If you're used to the dull (but effective) df+P,K stuff.. you can do [3][3][K] --> [3][P],[K] --> [P] --> [3][3][K].

Finally, if they're crouching, you can still get a small combo from a dragon cannon float I think. 2 ideas... try [1][K][G],[K] or [4][K] --> [8][K].

4. KyPeN

KyPeN Member

Thanks alot the both of ya!
    I will try to impliment those into my style.
    I appreciate it!

--KyPeN

5. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

Efficient combos for counter hit:

Light Weight (any hit) & Mid Weight (up to Kage + Lau)
    [3][3][K] -> [P] -> [3][3][K] -> [3][3][K]

Shun, Lion & Jacky
    Open Stance: [3][3][K] -> [K][P] -> [2][K][K]
    Closed Stance: [3][3][K] -> [K][P] -> [6][P][K]

Akira, Wolf & Jeff
    [3][3][K] -> [6_][P] -> [K][K]

For crouching mC Dragon Smash Cannon hit:
    [3][3][K] -> [6_][P] -> [K][K]

For crouching normal Dragon Smash Cannon hit:
    [3][3][K] -> [3][3][K] is the easiest and most reliable

6. catharsis

catharsis Well-Known Member

I checked the crouching dragon cannon out in training mode... tried to follow up with either [1][K]+[G][K] or another dragon cannon... Turns out a [3][K] followup is guaranteed regardless of stance on lightweights and I imagine midweights (Kage was the heaviest char I tested). On lightweights and presumably midweights, [1][K]+[G][K] will always connect once, but the second kick hits only from closed stance. If both kicks connect, the combo does a bit more damage than a second dragon cannon (like 4 points or so).

However, testing the same on Wolf and Jeff, it seems to me that NOTHING is guaranteed.. They can TR out of a second dragon cannon without much trouble, unless my input is just not quick enough, and not even the first kick of the valkyrie low will hit them. Craptastic. If only Sarah had a vicious 80-point damage low throw /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

7. WhiteAngel50000

WhiteAngel50000 Well-Known Member

The combos I use for light and middleweight characters

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif FL /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif wall /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif