1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sarah Combos

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Adio, Oct 30, 2001.

1. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Ok, so you have to be point blank. What's the execution like? Is it d+KP+G or do you wait for the kick to hit then input the throw command?

2. Vansen

Vansen Well-Known Member

Timing is real tight.
    As soon as you see it her kick hit the P+G must be entered.
    Next I'll try the K+G link throw f+P+G

3. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

So it's pretty much one motion like say Kage's TFT follow up (b+P+GU+P+G). By this I mean do you do the P+G expecting the low kick to hit?

4. Vansen

Vansen Well-Known Member

I would have to say that there is a slight pause between the to commands. Its not like you link the two inputs together as fast as you can.

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    hit-throws

Colour me crazy, but here's what I think regarding Sarah's hit throws:

- distancing: you don't have to be close for them to connect. That is, as long as the attack hits you can link the throw, provided you got the timing right.

- timing: you have to do it fast. As with every character's hit throws, input the throw really fast (I'm talking PP speed) regardless, because if the attack whiffs or is blocked, you don't get a throw miss animation. Just get in the habit of tagging on the throw link. Don't pause, don't wait, don't think. Just do it.

I know I don't play Sarah, but with the other characters that I have played who have hit-throws (Wolf, Vanessa, Aoi), I can say that all their hit-throws are as described above, and I can perform them quite consistently.

Vansen, you saw how many hit throws I got with Vanessa last night. We can test out Sarah's on Friday if you like, just to put the issue to rest.

6. Vansen

Vansen Well-Known Member

Re: hit-throws

Myke,
    You don't play Sarah... GO BACK HOME :p (Didn't connect one of those on you last night.. but there's always tomorrow)
    As for distancing, I do think you have to get with in arms reach, I've tried agsinst Lion a million times at the start of the round, this is what I do, b+K into FL (hits most of the time) d+K = P+G. The distance between Lion and Sarah when I do the low kick is at its maximum and I've never got it, and NO I'm not that unco. Last night, however I made sure that I was as close as I can get and I got it twice in a row against you in that mercy round.

7. Vansen

Vansen Well-Known Member

Myke, Adio,
    Actually I'm going up this afternoon and I'll test what you are saying and report back.

8. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

Actually I'm going up this afternoon and I'll test what you are saying and report back.

OK, but the stubborn side of me won't believe this "distancing requirement" until I've tested it under controlled conditions with you. Why? Well, because all the throws in a hit-throw sequence just snap into place, regardless of what body part is being grabbed and with what limb. Wolf's toe-kick into diamond cutter, and Vanessa's toe-kick into headlock can all be done at the maximum range of their toe-kick, then they suddenly snap in place to grab the opponents head for some more hurt.

So, I really believe that all the hit-throws are consistent in terms of execution requirements, but do your tests tonight and let us know how it goes. Either way, I still want to test it with you this Friday.

9. Vansen

Vansen Well-Known Member

OK.... Against dumb ass CPU Lion I was able to get out her low kick link thorw out a lot more today then ever before, proximery to your opponent does make a diff I think. I still couldn't execute the throw at the maximum range of her low kick. Anyway I did manage to get her FL K+G = f+P+G move out once against Pai. I'm not sure if any of you have seen this move but its really cool. When Sarah connects her kicking leg to your opponents shoulder, she stops it resting there and in one motion Sarah jumps up with her other leg bringing it the head of your opponent all while twisting. The resalt is your opponent getting violently twisted from the head by Sarah's legs. Kinda reminds me of a Cammy throw from SF.

10. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Vansen, Myke. Your enthusiasm is duly noted. I'll expect the results of your tests at 00:00 hours.

Dismissed.

11. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

Myke Wolfs b+K+G, P+G IS distance dependant, and you don't have to do it 'PP' speed, I get better results by timing the P+G to coincide with the connection phase of the b+K+G...

12. Vansen

Vansen Well-Known Member

The plot thickens.....
    Thanks for letting us know about Wolf's link throw... maybe I'm not unco after all... LOL
    In any case there will be a lot of testing this friday. Maybe Myke acan give me 3 rounds of mercy.

13. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    hit-throw requirements

Distancing

After testing this on Friday night with Vansen, we found that Sarah's hit throws had no distancing requirement. You could do it no matter how far you were, so long as the attack connected. My results varied with Wolf though. I couldn't get it to work at the toe-kick's extreme range, but at the same time, I didn't have to be really close for it to work either. My advice is to attempt the throw regardless, because you have nothing to lose if it doesn't come out.

Timing

I earlier said that you do it at 'PP' timing, and this is inaccurate since it only applies to hit-throws that have fast attacks. The more general rule, as uk-guy mentioned, is that you enter the throw command to coincide with the actual hit so obviously, the timing varies with the different hit-throws among the characters.

So, happy hit-throwing!

14. Ruffcoconut

Ruffcoconut Active Member

whats a hit throw?

Whats the difference between that and a normal throw?

15. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

hit-throw: a throw that can be combo'd after a normal attack successfully hits.

16. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

If you look at the movelists at virtuaproject, all hit throws have a exclamation point in there command motions. Look thru the level column for "t" labels that are not in the dedicated throw section for each character.

a few examples:

Sarah in flamingo stance has:
    d+K!P+G is the flamingo low kick - hand hold neck cutting throw and,
    K+G!f+P+G is the flamingo heel sword - neck cutter

Jeff:
    d+K!d>f+P+G is the toe kick - splash mountain (aka toe kick of doom)
    b,df+P+K!b+P+G and b,df+P+K!d+P+G are the stomach crush - lift up/spine buster throws respectively

You can only get those throws if the preceeding attack hits. The big advantage to most hit throws is that they cannot be reversed. Think of it as just free extra damage in a canned combo. But there are exceptions... Jeff's stomach crush throws are listed as reversable, and there are weird things like Jeff's counter stance P,f+P+G which supposedly only works if the punch is blocked or Wolf's double punch-elbow-double arm suplex low throw which only works if the opponent is ducking under the PPf+P combo, so the elbow must miss in this case. Check the movelists for details. Click on the graphic in my sig to get to virtuaproject.

17. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

re the blocked punch canned combo, can you enter the throw command and not get a whiff throw animation? probably not.
    just a thought. P,G for free alllll day.

18. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Re: hit-throw requirements

Vansen, Myke, uk-guy. Thank you.

19. Vansen

Vansen Well-Known Member

Just had a thought on hit throws,
    Because the timing is so tight, can you repleatedly input the throw command?

You can mash out quick rises and throw escapes, why not hit throws.

20. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

If you can mash, it's pretty much up to sega. Like Taka's elbow hit throw did not allow mashing. To me Jeff's low headbutt hit throw seemed to, although maybe my first P+G was the one that was timed correctly.