1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sarah Combos

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Adio, Oct 30, 2001.

1. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Re: Sarah Strategies

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

PPK is a brain dead float combo that never seems to miss for me

<hr></blockquote>

Word.

So what type of configuration does your arcade have? Can't you get someone to fix it? I would think that getting the wrong move anytime you pressed down would cause an uproar.

I'm telling you, FSD has a lot to offer. Yes it's risky but all of Sarah's moves have little if no guarantee. It's all about taking the chance etc. Remember that you can do the UF version from a further distance.

If you won't use it by itself I hope use the FSD>Moonsault to get out of corners etc. At least it has it's uses there too.

AM2 has been tough on Sarah with counters but they've given her so many wonderful kicks. And, when you think about it, the only time you should be doing a P variant is after a knee float and then there's no chance of a counter. People just have to learn to mix it up.

2. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

So what type of configuration does your arcade have? Can't you get someone to fix it? I would think that
    getting the wrong move anytime you pressed down would cause an uproar.

The sticks are brand new AFAIK. They supposedly came with the VF4 kit. They are just very light compared to most other sticks I'm used to playing on in North American arcades. They're actually similar to other VF3 sticks I've used. As they get broken in, the cardinal directions will get easier to find. I'm just a spaz... Clem, Lan, and Jo Shun tried to teach me to grip the stick underhanded (the asian way) when I was a regular in Toronto and now I'm paying for my lack of dedication... ;) I'll deal with it. Rich already pointed out the best way to find straight down or left or right--don't move the stick to its extreme point of deflection. If I move the stick only half way then I have much better control. Problem is that in the heat of battle, or if I get the chance to land a primo float combo, I start whacking the stick around and getting those stray diagonal motions... To this day, I hit up/right on the stick (say to do a kickflip) by whacking it like I'm doing Lau's lifting palm :p

I'm telling you, FSD has a lot to offer. Yes it's risky but all of Sarah's moves have little if no guarantee. It's all about taking the chance etc. Remember that you can do the UF version from a further distance.

I think I always do the uf+K version... see above =)

Yeah, Adio, I agree with you completely about the utility of the full spin dive and the moonsault. I'm just at a phase where I'm exploring the options/flow charts that are available from flamingo stance... The full spin dive cannot be reversed and generates float combos. That's all you need to say to any Sarah player.

BTW, when I've found the need to reverse the ring, I've been doing ub+K+G --> uf+K,P. The full spin dive will hit on the bounce and the moonsault will get you to the center of the ring again.

AM2 has been tough on Sarah with counters but they've given her so many wonderful kicks. And, when you think about it, the only time you should be doing a P variant is after a knee float and then there's no chance of a counter. People just have to learn to mix it up.

I disagree here. How many times has someone reversed a high attack when fighting your Sarah? Personally, I don't remember being reversed high by a human opponent at all in VF4. Sarah's punch is tied for fastest in the game. Use it. One of the reasons why the chop-kick is so great is that it is NOT mid-level, right?

I've also rediscovered the utility in Sarah's elbow-chop combo... it's been so long since I've played competitive VF3... if you're looking to keep your opponent standing so that you can keep the pressure on with a poking game, the elbow-chop should be your choice over the elbow-knee. Extra damage guaranteed and Sarah has a good advantage in initiative when the chop hits. A blocked elbow-chop is no where near as bad as having the elbow-knee blocked, and the loss of being able to pounce after the elbow-knee knockdown really kills it as a primary flow chart combo in VF4.

100 replies and counting... =)

3. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Behold, It's the.....

<font color=red>Sarah</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bryant</font color=blue> <font color=green>Christmas</font color=green> <font color=yellow>Special</font color=yellow><font color=red>!</font color=red><font color=yellow>!</font color=yellow><font color=orange>!</font color=orange>

Note: Please consult <a target="_blank" href=http://www.VirtuaProject.com>www.VirtuaProject.com</a> for the actual Sarah Bryant VF4 Movelist.

Where do I start?...OK. It'll explain itself.

1. Spin Heel Sword > Switch Kick = Heavy/Medium/Light.

2. Spin Heel Sword > Switch Kick > FL: Kickflip = Light <font color=orange>(Open Stance).</font color=orange>

3. Spin Heel Sword > Toe Kick-Punt Kick = Heavy.

4. Spin Heel Sword > Toe Kick-Punt Kick = Medium/Light <font color=orange>(Open Stance).</font color=orange>

5. Rising Knee-Landing Knee > Switch Kick <font color=blue>(TR)</font color=blue> = Heavy/Medium/Light.

6. Rising Knee-Landing Knee > Switch Kick <font color=blue>(TR)</font color=blue> > FL: Kickflip = Light.

7. Kick-Punch > Double Punch-Straight Kick = Heavy/Medium/Light.

8. Kick-Punch > Punch Variant = Medium <font color=red>(MC)</font color=red> /Light.

9. Kick-Punch > Switch Kick > FL: Kickflip = Heavy/Medium/Light.

10. Dragon Cannon > Double Punch-Straight Kick = Heavy/Medium/Light.

11. Dragon Cannon > Punch Variant = Medium <font color=orange>(Open Stance)</font color=orange>/Light.

12. Toe Kick-Punt Kick > Double Punch-Straight Kick = Heavy/Medium/Light.

13. Toe Kick-Punt Kick > Punch Variant = Medium <font color=orange>(Open Stance)</font color=orange>/Light.

14. Shin Slicer <font color=red>(MC)</font color=red> > Lunging Sweep > Soccer Kick = Heavy/Medium/Light.

15. Lunging Knee > Switch Kick <font color=blue>(TR)</font color=blue> = Heavy/Medium/Light.

16. Lunging Knee > Switch Kick <font color=blue>(TR)</font color=blue> > FL: Kickflip = Light.

17. Turn Away Hop Kick > TT Sweep = Heavy/Medium/Light.

18. Crash Tornado hits <font color=red>High.</font color=red>

19. Crash Tornado <font color=yellow>(Charged)</font color=yellow> hits <font color=green>Mid.</font color=green>

20. FL: Guard Crush Sword > FL: Heel Sword Slash > Double Thrust Kick = Medium/Light.

21. FL: Cannon Combo > Double Leg Sweep = Heavy/Medium/Light.

22. FL: Guard Crush Sword > FL: <font color=red>KICK</font color=red> <font color=blue>TORNADO</font color=blue><font color=red>!</font color=red><font color=yellow>!</font color=yellow><font color=orange>!</font color=orange> = Heavy/Medium/Light.

<font color=orange>Have</font color=orange> <font color=yellow>a</font color=yellow> <font color=red>Merry</font color=red><font color=green> Christmas</font color=green><font color=red>!</font color=red><font color=yellow>!</font color=yellow><font color=orange>!</font color=orange>

4. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

BTW, when I've found the need to reverse the ring, I've been doing ub+K+G --> uf+K,P. The full spin dive will hit on the bounce and the moonsault will get you to the center of the ring again.

<hr></blockquote>

The FSD-Moonsault by itself is good enough to get you passed. Take into account that the uf version has more frames so point blank you should use the u version while from a distance, to get the maximum range use the uf variant.

I disagree here. How many times has someone reversed a high attack when fighting your Sarah? Personally, I don't remember being reversed high by a human opponent at all in VF4. Sarah's punch is tied for fastest in the game. Use it. One of the reasons why the chop-kick is so great is that it is NOT mid-level, right?

<hr></blockquote>

Tou-che. Guess I have to learn to be more aggressive. Unless I'm following through a float, Pd+K or in the extreme, PPu+P is the furthest I go.

100 replies and counting... =)

<hr></blockquote>

You bet. I want this thread to be the hub of all things Sarah Bryant. From combos to strategies to just plain trivia. The game has only just begun and with the rapport you, I and Vansen have developed hopefully, we can continue to combine our knowledge and find even more info and attract new and old players to use and respect Sarah.

5. Vansen

Vansen Well-Known Member

Update on Sarah's P+K [FL] sabaki.
    I'm getting it out a lot in challenges now. However I forget to ask what move they were executing when I executed a successful sabaki. That being said Myke has informed me that the last time we played I did sabaki his high rising kick. I'll try to confirm that later.

The best follow up i use after I connect the sabaki, what else but Kick Tornado. I think its unescapable.

6. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

I've been trying out her FL:KKK Dunno but when players are a little late in interrupting and the last K hits porducing a white flash, I go for the P+G leg hook. Very useful throw at the wall. They are sent back first into the wall crashing onto it. Possible for RO in an open ring? Now I'm seeing if anything combos after they crash into the wall. They seem to flop around.

Also, when I get into FL. People tend to stand or do a low punch. Sorta expecting the FL:KKK or cannon combo. They will not expect the low cut combo or a throw. I favor the leg hook when they stand. Safer. There are players that guess the throw is coming and input P+G. Sarah gets thrown instead but escapes /versus/images/icons/smile.gif Depending on who she is against. It is possible to come up with some pretty good situations after the escape.

Scrubby, huh? I know /versus/images/icons/smile.gif.

7. Vansen

Vansen Well-Known Member

Just to clear something up.
    Sarah's P+K sabaki doesn't work against high rising moves.
    It will work against a side kick.

8. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Sarah's Sabaki

Just to clear something up.
    Sarah's P+K sabaki doesn't work against high rising moves.
    It will work against a side kick.

Actually...

The fact that it works against side kicks means that it will work against high rising kicks, but only of the linear type. I remember you doing it against a high rising kick of mine once, and you saw it work against sidekicks today when we tested it.

Just for the record, the black book states that Sarah's P+K sabaki works against:

- High Punch
    - High Elbow
    - High Kick
    - Mid Punch
    - Mid Elbow
    - Side Kick.

Damn, that's almost as bad as Lei's back-turned horsekick!

9. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Re: Sarah's Sabaki

Yep-yep, I knew this, and have abused it... ;) but using it against linear high rising attacks is a new wrinkle for me... I like the sound of that! =)

My question is about the P+K sabaki after Sarah is already in flamingo stance. The one where she just wiggles her leg in flamingo stance. I've used this and seen the CPU use it against low punches (it sends the low puncher on their butt) but it's also listed as working against mid-punches per the black book. I thought Vansen had reported that it worked against elbows (which are different than a mid-punch) so I've tried testing it vs. Akira's standing and dashing elbow. To date I've not seen the [FL]P+K leg wiggle thingy stop anything but a low punch. It didn't work against Kage's mid-level chops or Akira's elbows when I've tested it. Has anyone else found out anything else?

10. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Sarah's FL: Sabaki

In the five times I have had the opportunity to perform the low punch Sabaki, four low punches and Lion's b,df+P were the only moves I reversed.

Vansen, You like to follow up the Sabaki with a Kick Tornado right? I recomend FL: Heel Sword Slash>Toe Kick-Punt Kick. It's not as pretty but it's five points stronger.

In times of stress you're open to error, not to mention the throw being escaped via f+P+G. The above combo is guaranteed.

11. Genie47

Re: Sarah's Sabaki

Wow! there are a lot of options to use the sabaki! Will use them. Thanks. BTW, I played against YH(Akora) who came all the way here for business from Korea. Learned a lot from him. After the b+K+G, he pounces. In fact, I can't TR out of it once my feet start flopping up. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif I guess it is sort of guaranteed. Not too sure about bu+K+G. Well, he tried and I tried using the b+P+K to hit the flopping feet and combo a kicklfip from the resulting FL. It didn't work but the b+P+K looks impressive hitting the hapless legs. Maybe should try a d+K+G from the FL to hit.

12. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

b+K+G, ub+K+G = u+P

A pounce from b+K+G, ub+K+G is guaranteed. Look at earlier combos on this thread for followups after the ub+K+G.

13. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Sarah Christmas Special Reprisal.

This is the original list of combos translated into their actual command prompts.

1. ub+K+G > b+K = Heavy/Medium/Light.

2. ub+K+G > b+K > FL: u+K = Light (Open Stance).

3. ub+K+G > d+P+K,K = Heavy.

4. ub+K+G > d+P+K,K = Medium/Light (Open Stance).

5. D,f+K,K > b+K (TR) = Heavy/Medium/Light.

6. D,f+K,K > b+K (TR) > FL: u+K = Light.

7. KP > PPK = Heavy/Medium/Light.

8. KP > Punch Variant = Medium (MC) /Light.

9. KP > b+K > FL: u+K = Heavy/Medium/Light.

10. db+K > PPK = Heavy/Medium/Light.

11. db+K > Punch Variant = Medium (Open Stance)/Light.

12. d+P+K,K > PPK = Heavy/Medium/Light.

13. d+P+K,K > Punch Variant = Medium (Open Stance)/Light.

14. d+K+G (MC) > df+K+G > df+K = Heavy/Medium/Light.

15. ff+K > b+K (TR) = Heavy/Medium/Light.

16. ff+K > b+K (TR) > FL: u+K = Light.

17. bb+K > TT: d+K = Heavy/Medium/Light.

18. *n+K+G hits High.

19. *n+K+G (Charged) hits Mid.

20. FL: f+K > FL: f+K+G > KK = Medium/Light.

21. FL: KKK+G > D+K+G = Heavy/Medium/Light.

22. FL: f+K > FL: u,b,d,f/d,b,u,f+P+G = Heavy/Medium/Light.

23. FL: f+K > FL: f+K+G > b+K > FL: u+K = Medium/Light.

14. Vansen

Vansen Well-Known Member

Re: b+K+G, ub+K+G = u+P

Now that we are talking about garanteed pounces, I might add that a pounce is also garanteed after you knock down with db+K+G. The important thing to remember that this move, when normally conected doesn't knock down (although it forces a crouch). The only way to get the smack down animation is for your opponent to be airborne when it connects ie jumping attacks and other hopping moves.

15. Genie47

Great! Now what do we do when the b/d+K+G side hook kick connects forcing a crouch? I tried to knee the fella but it comes out too slow. I was thinking in terms of a b+K but it came out short. Any ideas?

16. Vansen

Vansen Well-Known Member

I think Punt Kick or a side kick will connect
    But I have a habit of waiting and then throwing, I don't why but people people like to stand after they are forced to crouch

17. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Well, it's reasonable to want to stand up against Sarah especially, and I'd guess people are used to Aoi's df+P+K games.

Does db+K+G still float on MC or does it just force a crouch? (You used to be able to connect a kickflip/shin slicer afterwards, another one of those weird floaters you can pull out to get unpredictable).

18. Akora

Akora Active Member

Hey, Chia, how are u doing? good to talk to you again here. anyway, yeah thanks to you guys' spell, my presentation ended well.
    Today I found one combo of Sarah's guaranteed only to the light weights.
    bd+k--->fd+p,k--->p--->bd+k+g--->u+p.
    Looked nice and damage was quite big also. Try...
    (sorry if this combo has been already posted....)

19. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

bd+k--->fd+p,k--->p--->bd+k+g--->u+p

Does the db+K+G side hook kick at that point force the floater down hard enough so that they cannot tech roll away from the pounce?

20. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I see this combo in flicks a lot, except they do d/f+K rather than pounce.
    I'd be surprised if pounce couldn't be escaped..