1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sarah Combos

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Adio, Oct 30, 2001.

1. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Re: b+K+G, ub+K+G = u+P

After either kick the opponent bounces so there is no escape. Whether you wish to pounce after ub+K+G is up to you as a combo is more damaging but, b+K+G should always be followed with a pounce for maximum damage.

2. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

To throw or no to throw...

Vansen, I know this question is old but I've given it more thought.

The questions I ask myself is, 1. Will the combo I do instead of a throw be stronger than 55pts (Leg Hold Takedown) or 60pts (Kick Tornado if you're in FL). 2. Is my opponent good enough to escape and 3. Is it safer, if your down to your last scrap of life then it's a great risk.

I guess it depends on your mentality and also your position in the ring as a Suplex or Leg Hold Takedown can save you with a RO if you're so close to the edge and don't mind winning that way.

But in most cases against all fighters with the exception of heavy weights your guaranteed at least 70pts from a DC>Punch Variant. So on instinct i'd go with the combo.

3. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Round starting theories.

Back or crouch dashing aside, What moves do you regularly start a round with? Personally, I either begin with a Dragon Cannon in the hopes of getting a float or if I'm feeling aggressive, a Punt Kick which has high priority.

I've tried the dodging Crescent (u/d+G+P+K) from time to time but that's throw counterable if blocked.

Suggestions?

4. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Re: Round starting theories.

Can we do us all a favour and stop this thread - it's huge.

Adio - why not just reply to a 'starting move thread' - there a two of them going right now, I think - with your thoughts on Sarah's options...instead of bringing the hugest of threads back to life...

5. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Give me a break.

I really can't see any merit in your complaint. I posted in this thread because my question is character specific and will probably lead to other issues regarding the character.

What does the size of the thread have to do with anything? It's filled with interesting discussions about a character that doesn't get much attention in general anyway. Besides, you're automatically taken to the latest post so there is no problem keeping up to date etc.

6. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Re: Give me a break.

It's a courtesy to modem users to not make them load the longest thread in history. It's harder to sift through such a thread to find the relevant recent info. Round openers are better suited to a round openers thread than they are a sarah combos thread.

7. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Re: Give me a break.

Ack! It's back to the top of the screen again! =)

It's a courtesy to modem users to not make them load the longest thread in history

Modem or DSL or whatever doesn't make a difference IMO. Even when I have faster access from work, I have Versus City set up so that only 10 replies are displayed at any one time when I read a post in flat mode. Hmm... but threaded mode would take longer if you prefer to read the forums like that. <shrug>

That being said, I think the Sarah Combos thread has run its (very full) lifetime. Adio, unless there's something that's a correction or a missing explanation to something that was specifically asked or mentioned in this thread, it would be better to start a new thread with "Sarah" in the subject line. If the subject line is descriptive, I think it will be easier to find what we are looking for that way.

8. VincentMetzen

VincentMetzen New Member

Fav Combo(do you like?)

Start in Flamingo style then
    K, K, K, P, P, P, Back+K
    Simple yet powerful, and somewhat speedy

9. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Re: Fav Combo(do you like?)

1. Resurrecting old threads is annoying.
    2. That isn't a combo by a long shot, as it can be escaped before the 3rd, 4th, or 7th hits. /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

10. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

Re: Fav Combo(do you like?)

How abt flamingo stance -> k,k,k,k,k,k,k,k,k,k,k,k. Infinity combo! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

jk heheh