1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sarah mid ring bounce combos

Discussion in 'Sarah' started by Slide, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

I've decided to share 2 different Sarah bounce combos, that work ANYWHERE, that I've had stored for awhile, that you probably did not know worked, or thought only worked on light weights.

Might be alot of information.

The key to the combos, is the 1 frame delay 4K+G, or fastest timing buffered 4K+G(meaning you tap G in between the initial hit before 4K+G to ensure it's buffered for fastest timing).

I don't know what the determiner for why it requires the 1 frame delay or fastest timing on a character, it just seems to be uniquely character specific. Unfortunately I've long since forgot which specific characters require which, except for a few.

These 2 combos work on all characters in the game regardless of footstance, except for - Lei Fei, Akira, Wolf, and Jeffry - which they do not work on at all. Although for some odd reason I think it may somehow be possible to work on Akira and Lei Fei, but I had not figured out any sort of timing.

There are stronger combos to do on light weights, so these combos are best done on the middle weights and heavy middle weights.

----------
    These both require major counter hits, so be sure to watch. Here's the shell for the combos, it's up to you for whichever ending you want

XX = your choice of finisher.

33K, P, 4K+G, XX

KP, P, 4K+G, XX

The characters I remember right now off the top of my head that require 1 frame delay: Lion, Shun, Jacky, Lau, Goh

Characters that require fastest timing 4K+G: Brad, Kage

The 3 best enders from strongest to weakest: 2_6K+G(87 total pts, 83 vs Jacky), 7K+G(83 pts, 86 vs Jacky), 33K(83 pts)

If 2_6K+G connects without the opponent touching the wall but are close to it, you can add the follow up, then they hit the wall and it does about 97pts.

*note: I haven't been in dojo in over a year, so I don't remember the exact pts numbers but I think those were the ones.

-----------

I left the endings open ended because for some odd reason maximum damage itself varies depending on the character(specifically Jacky. It might JUST be Jacky).

Also you can obviously play around with the ender for various kinds of wakeup confusion and such. Such as ending with 44K and back crouch dashing toward the opponent to have Sarah's BT options vs tech and quickrise(a safer sweep than 3K+G, a high full circular that knocks down, and a mid donkey kick that seems to avoid some stuff).

2. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    I should try to maximize on my CH floaters... it's not something I normally think about.

3. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Im aware of the comboes, but I havent done research on who they actually work and with what enders. I guess soemtimes weird misses have resulted from 1f delays (which I didnt know were needed).

However, now that I can do some stuff with windows movie maker (simple videos at least) I can try putting together some combo vids.

ps. Confirmed the 1f delay requirement on KP-combo on Goh, Lion, Shun at least. Thanks for this info. Against Shun can do it without delay on one stance if you simply dont press stick forward during the combo, but its too singular case to be bothered about.
    [6_][K][P] -> [6_][P] -> [4][4][K]+[G] -> [3][3][K] is simple enough.

4. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

No prob.

Manji, are you having trouble connecting on Lau?

vs Lau I'm pretty sure it's 1f delay for combo

5. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    No, I didnt try it on Lau.