1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sarah sparring and training weeklies

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by Stl_Tim, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Just giving a shoutout to all sarah players in hopes we can pull our heads together and learn from one another online. My idea was to set a time that almost everyone can agree on to spar and train. Please post up if your available, time zone, and what you might want to work on. Let's get this rolling guys and gals. I'd love to see this turn into a weekly thing.

Peace^-^

GT:KaminariOyaji
    Time Zone:Midwest

2. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

GT: ACTION KUNGFU
    Time Zone: Eastern

3. coNsPirAcy

coNsPirAcy Well-Known Member

GT - SUMOTX
    Time Zone: Central

4. ViperExcess

ViperExcess Well-Known Member

Very interesting. Count me in.
    Eastern Time Zone

5. blitzik

blitzik New Member

I'm game.

GT: StabbingsAllDay
    Time Zone: Eastern

I'd like to work on proper fluid use of flamingo stance, and using cancels better/at all. And best ways to start off a match. And mixing it up with flashy combos.. and pretty much everything else

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif

6. Coroo

Coroo Well-Known Member

GT. coroo dolphie
    time zone. westren

7. KowtowRobinson

KowtowRobinson Well-Known Member

Does this go for anti-sarah as well? If so add me KowtowRobinson.

8. GreatSinister

GreatSinister Active Member

gamertag: greatsinister
    eastern

<3 sarah

9. Kyogaa

Kyogaa Member

Gamertag: Kyogaa
    Timezone: Eastern

It's good to finally converse and spar with the Sarah players. I haven't even seen a lot of Sarahs on, so I'm looking forward to it. ^_^

10. Mista_tee

Mista_tee Well-Known Member

Sounds good! BTW I only play on Sat. and sundays. It's my friends GT
    GT- Jrx lennie
    Canada. lol Eastern

11. Four_Wude

Four_Wude Active Member

The secret to Kaminari's Sarah is spamming P+K P+K with Akira lmao.

Just kidding.

I want to play your Sarah the next time you're on. Show me some more anti-Sarah strats, or beat it into me like always. :p

12. blitzik

blitzik New Member

ALSO.. I'd like tips on controlling a match. Is anyone else finding it difficult to get in a groove against certain players.

I'm available weeknights and sundays mostly.

13. emperorofuall

emperorofuall Active Member

I'd like to get better w/ her as well, count me in :) -- my GT's TaintedEternity, and normally I try to get on 2 play between 10p and 1a (eastern)

14. Stl_Tim

Thanks to everyone for the responses. I'm going out on a limb and planning for(Sunday)tomorrow night at 6:30pm midwest time and plan to be on for 5-6 hours. We can spend say 30 minutes for each set and then move to another room. Sound good lemme know?

Things to have ready:
    -Your frame list. If you don't know or have one print it out here under dojo and your character for ver.c
    -Headset, please have one!
    -Sharing time wisely. Let one person start out and then switchup etc. Makes it easy and less complicated.

Some basic training ideas:
    -You or your opponent show all your moves on block that are punishable and findout what is guaranteed for counter attack. Do it over and over so you and your opponent can visually memorize. This will really help both parties understand and respect space and the risk and reward game.
    -Find out all moves that leave advantage on block, so we all can stop running into a brick wall.
    -Same as two of the above, but build flowcharts and follow techroll etc.
    Those are just some, but I think it's a good start for this sunday. Well, hope to see everyone who posted online. Also, please give some feedback after sunday's session, so we can change or try to accomedate for time frames and people's schedules.

Peace^-^

15. Stl_Tim

Hey everyone, I showed up, but my mic broke, lol. I only saw great sinister on casuals for a sec then I lost him, damn. I was actually waiting for people to send me invites, but I guess I should have sent out friend invites and hosted. Still it didn't seem like anyone was there, so no big worries. Lemme know when at least 3 of you are available for practice and we can reschedule.

Peace^-^

Slide-
    Dunno who OboroSarah is?? Does anyone?

16. ViperExcess

ViperExcess Well-Known Member

It was this Sunday? I know I forgot because I have finals coming up very soon. Sry. I already sent you a FR, so I got that part done. I'll try to keep you updated on when I'm free, either through here or through Live.

It seems that you prefer to do the Sarah sparring when several people are on at one time. I'll try to make the subsequent ones. 24 hours notice is hard fo people to notice unless they are done through Live msgs or PM's, I can tell you that. If you want, I can send out those notices to everyone here. It's the least I can do, because Sarah's awesome and she needs support.

My fault, man. The time slot you chose is fine with me so far. Peace and catcha soon, I hope.

Would this be subculture slide?

17. CaptainJapan53

CaptainJapan53 Well-Known Member

DEm0critus with a zero not an 'o'. Eastern USA

18. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

Yeah I had fell asleep at like 6 or so yesterday and didnt get back up until like 10. My sleep hours have never really adjusted since my final Army redeployment.

About Oboro Sarah, before I had messaged you about it, I text messaged him after the match in hopes that he understood English, cause he was talking to me like I knew Japanese(i know my reasoning isn't making sense), I had cut my mic on and was like "huh? i don't speak or understand japanese sorry man."

It was.

Sup?