1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sarah strategies for Lei and Jacky

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Shadowdean, Jun 2, 2002.

1. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Does anybody have any general advice for dealing with these two characters using sarah? They are the only two characters that my friends use that consistently give me problems.

2. solfizz

solfizz Well-Known Member

it depends how your friend plays right? Neither Jacky nor Lei are one-dimensional fighters so you need to find holes around your friend's established style.

In general, you want to get into flamingo stance as often as possible. Undisciplined bulldog Jackies usually can never get past Sarah's high-priority kick strings/partial kick strings/low mixups/CH on K, into d/f p,k -> flamingo again. heh you see where i'm getting at??

against the Jacky player who runs back a lot to try to sucker you into one of his dash forward into infinite amount of options game, stay a few steps back. I advise you not to run up to a Jacky running back unless you can anticipate it before hand, and with CD too. The reason why I say stay a few steps back is because many of Jacky's attacks that come out of the dash back then forward will whiff if you distanced yourself properly, in which case you can get Sarah's dragon cannon launcher with chances of it being a counter.

Your punch strings will always beat out his. If he's the scrubby Jacky player who can't think of anything to do besides d+p, use Sarah's u+k+g to make him pay for his scrubby attitude.

Don't let Jacky get too comfortable with his launchers. So that means don't get cocky with Sarah either. Sorry for sounding like the American Prima vf4 guide, but you gotta be on the defensive a LOT against Jacky.

As for Lei, sorry i can't help you there, I have problems myself fighting him. I guess just try him out / watch videos of him online to see his patterns / throw your hands in the air out of utter defeat.

hope this helped

3. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

I've only fought with Sara about 2 times, BUT, I do enjoy pouncing on Sara with Lei, so I think I can help. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

If you mix up the Flamingo,it's hard to get out of. My first two charcters were Shun & Lion, who not only can swerve, but Shun has a double-fisted punch after a dodge, and Lion's d/b+P,P usually puts an end to the flamingot. So, with Lei, I've always had trouble b/c he's a bit more sluggish. Here's what I look for:

1: Most Saras I play tend to dance around a lot, trying to sucker me in for some goofy long-legged attack. So, Sen Shippou right in the ass is what they get. Don't dan't around w/ Lei Fei -- he'll destroy you. Keep it close, and keep your attacks quick. If you're going to float him, makesure you'll connect, b/c if you don't, you know his combos are long and painful.

2: Normal Lei Fei stuff. Play against a good HUMAN Lei Fei and learn the stances. I really don't have too many problems against good Lei Fei's these days -- not like Lau or Jacky. There's a 10-dan Lei Fei I play against regularly, and I beat from time to tim w/ my Lion (this is on the arcade, btw -- 10-dan is pretty good).

Can't help you with Jacky. My best suggestiong don't duck too much, as his mid attacks hurt.

4. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

For both characters, he generally plays a mix of extreme machi or extreme aggression. He is not really scrubby, most of the time anyways.

5. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

I'd say for Lei Fei -- stay close. Sara's a lot quicker, and has a decent reach w/ those damn legs. Can't say for Jacky. Also remeber that if Lei Fei draws you in to duck, he's going to do the dreaded u/f+K+G, and whack you. :)

6. Morpheus

Morpheus Well-Known Member

Try n explore with Sarah's u+k,g,p,g,b+k,ub+k combo. It is good against low attacks at mid range as well as sabaki attacks. It works quite well 4 me when against Lei Fei.