1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sarah Technology

Discussion in 'Sarah' started by BLACKSTAR, Feb 12, 2014.

1. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    If the opponent exact recovers to either side after P+G, 9K is an easy meaty that doesn't require any timing at all unlike 4K and etc., just do it immedietly after you recover from the throw and bam. It's also fuzzy safe (-5) on guard.

ToyDingo and BeastEG like this.
  2. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    9K is -5 on guard? Since when? I'm pretty sure it was -13 o_O

3. BeastEG

BeastEG Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BeastyEG
    Depends on when it hits @ToyDingo. With 9 Active frames it can be anywhere from -13 to -5. -5 assumes last active frame hits

ToyDingo likes this.
  4. Dark Nova Void

Dark Nova Void Well-Known Member

So I was in dojo and I was experimenting with some of Sarah moves and I discovered that [6][P][4][K] launches staggered opponents. As for the combos the inputs are
    [6][P][4][K] FL[3][P][K] FL[7][K] =68 DMG (Open stance on Jeffery and Wolf)
    [6][P][4][K] FL[3][P][K] FL[P][K]=63 DMG
    [6][P][4][K] FL[3][P][K] FL[6][K][K]=69 DMG(Light Weights)
    [6][P] [4][K] FL[6][K][K]= 53 DMG(Taka)

Here is a vid I found of someone doing it. Skip to 0:47

You use this off a Wall move, [9][K][+][G][K], and etc. Anyways I hope this helps and makes sense. Feel free to correct me if I made a mistake on anything.

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  5. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Wait is she the only character that can combo off of a elbow stagger?

6. ToyDingo

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Sarah actually has a good number of moves that launch from stagger.

Aside from her normal launchers she has [6][P] and it's various enders, [6][K] which you can use the following [P] to move into FS combos, [4][K], [8][K] and probably a few others I'm missing.

Trying this on light to middle weights: Stagger -> [6][K][P][6] -> FS [P][P][G] -> [4][K][+][G] -> [6][6][K][+][G] = 84 DMG I think...

Dark Nova Void likes this.
  7. Cozby

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Those are pretty easy to shake out of though. [6][P] into ([6][P])[4][K] confirmed right is impossible to shake.

Sarah is the only character getting guaranteed combo damage off of a crouch stagger elbow.

ToyDingo and Dark Nova Void like this.
  8. Dark Nova Void

Thanks for infro dude. Yea I knew about the some of these but I didn't know [8][K] worked. Next time I'm in dojo I go through these and see if I can find any other moves.

9. Cozby

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    I'm still in Vanilla mode lol. Elbows don't stagger. This is still really good though.

Stl_Tim likes this.
  10. BeastEG

PSN:
    BeastyEG
    Does anyone have a quick list of moves that give stagger to allow you to utilize this [6][P][4][K] launch?

If my memory serves me correctly, she has next to no real practical moves that will put the opponent in stagger and not have her in end in FL stance but that could be the old age talking :)

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  11. Cozby

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    You're absolutely right. There isn't a list of staggering moves to use as a reference.
    The best situations where'd is say to go for this is off of the wall jump like in the video, or 3k Back Dash CH. Her non-FL leading staggers are easy to escape.

That being said, her 4k and 8k crouch staggers into FL 3K are virtually inescapable. Even going into FL 6K+G is pretty legit. get dat dmg

Dark Nova Void, BeastEG and ToyDingo like this.
  12. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    ... except her movelist here on VFDC :p

Dark Nova Void and BeastEG like this.
  13. BeastEG

PSN:
    BeastyEG
    Content guys, would it make sense for us to create a Sarah High Efficiency Thread?

After watching the @Lucky_GT video again, the emphasis on efficiency is definitely something that makes sense.

Perhaps figuring out her most efficient setups may be best? Only risk is all of us becoming the same (god-like...I kid) :p

Dark Nova Void likes this.
  14. Dark Nova Void

The only moves I found were Wall hit, [9][K][+][G][K], and [9][K][+][G][P][P][K]
    Also the only time I find it practical is off a wall hit. I mean I sometimes do it after [9][K][+][G][K] stagger but [4][K] just better. :D

15. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

When everyone begins to become the same, you guys will be on the right track!

BeastEG likes this.
  16. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Sorry Im late, but yeah, sounds good to me

Go ahead and make it

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  17. Cozby

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    As far as efficiency goes, Sarah might have a tough time dealing with late tech if she goes for meats. The Blackstar reset is so important imo. It literally deals with ANY way the opponent decides to handle falling down. There's no way to punish it, except if Sarah goes for FL backflip and the opponent predicts it. But that's still a huge guess on the opponent's part.

It's sorta like a free tarot card. You get to see your opponents decisions and you can base your following options to punish them hard.

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  18. BeastEG

PSN:
    BeastyEG
    Can someone explain the Blackstar reset? I have yet to see this :confused:

19. Cozby

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    The Blackstar Reset is a simple but effective tool Sarah can use to ENCOURAGE the opponent to tech, without Sarah risking too much while doing so. The opponent HAS to tech so they won't eat stupid extra damage.

So the setup is:
    [1][K][+][G][K] > FL [6][K] > [3_][K][K][G] OTG

2 things can happen afterwards:

1. The opponent DOESN'T tech. Sarah can do:
    [1][K][+][G][K] > FL [6][K] > [3_][K][K][G] > FL [6][K] > Down Attack.
    The [3][K][K][G] cannot be late teched.

2. The opponent techs. If at any point the opponent techs, Sarah is still in a favorable position, depending on weight class and the launcher Sarah used. This applies to both teching in place and tech rolling.

Most opponents will decide whether they want to tech, or stay down vs. Sarah before the match even begins. Sarah's vortex is strong. This is one of the ways she can force the opponent's hand.
    _______

Ok so other stuff,
    [9][K] meaty setups are only good vs. tech ROLLS. They get punished by in place techs.

FL [6][K][K] is STUPID. I don't like the move, but GT preached alot about it and I have to agree. If FL [6][K] is blocked, the opponent has to respect the second kick, because it's a mid full circular. FL [6][K] Delay [K]/ FL [6][K] > Throw mixup is real.
    The move is somewhat confirmable on CH, and fully confirmable on ST CH.
    Sarah gets most of her OTG/meaty options off of it as well.
    [1][K][+][G][K] afterwards MUST be exact teched by everyone but Taka. CH (FL [6][K])[K] launches lights.

Last edited: May 16, 2014
    BLACKSTAR and Manjimaru like this.
  20. ToyDingo

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    A fun lil' strategy to use on 2P players:

[4][K] on block is +4 > FL [6][K] is essentially 12f after that > regardless of block or hit, throw them > eventually opponent will recognize the throw and start to attack (technically not abare as FL[6][K] is -5 on block) > if their reaction to being throw is 2P then [8][K] for stagger > FL [6][K][+][G] for happy damage

Requires you to read your opponent pretty well, but when you get it flowing it's pretty fun. Once the opponent is sick of eating combos, they'll start blocking again. Simply start throwing.

/end scrubby tactic