1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sarah VF2 Style?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Genie47, Oct 19, 2001.

1. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

I've been fiddling around with Sarah. She is indeed very much the VF2 Sarah now. Been using her good ol moves that made her successful like f+P,K. It is good to ensure good success. Very basic beginner fighter. The FS, d+K,K still is good ambush for the rising attacks. Her PPP attacks can be used like Pai's. Eric is still using the PP...PPPb+K with still the same sweet results on human players. Like what is agreed by most, her original arsenal is already very good.

The big question now is her FL moves. I mean, I don't see much for it except for the special P+G throw in that mode. The FL K, K... moves don't knock down.

What do you guys use her FL moves for? The finish? Style?

BTW, in her FL, hitting P+K will make Sarah wiggle her raised leg. Is it a whiffed animation move or some quirk for style?

Chia Jin Ngee

2. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

flamingo, P+K is her low punch reversal :-o for whatever that's worth...

I'd love to contribute more to Sarah discussion, but I haven't played VF4 yet...
    Jin Ngee, search for Sarah posts from Adio a few weeks ago... he did a nice basic outline of VF4 Sarah including some bits on using flamingo stance.

Unfortunately movement while back turned is severely limited from what I've been told... so it won't be like VF2 Sarah for me.

--
    "VF is the resonance AND the wonder." GodEater

3. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

What! Her low punch reversal! What a dead giveaway. Anyone seeing Sarah standing one-legged is going to do something other than a low punch.

Chia Jin Ngee

4. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

You'd be surprised how many people fall for it. Not many people where I played understood or recognised a lot Sarah's new moves. Besides, even if you never get the counter to work it's still there and it is one less factor to worry about. The fear of a counter is often more powerful than the move itself.

Adio.

5. Vansen

Vansen Well-Known Member

Regarding her new FL moves. They are of great use. I've been playing VF4 for about 1 month now and I've gotten use to how her stance works now.
    What do I use her FL moves for?... Well. Finsh and style.
    DC (or knee) - chop kick (FL) - kick flip (thanks Myke for pointing this out)
    Style - inside cresent against a rising attacker (FL) - start to buffer the kick tornado and if your cresent hits finish the kick tornado. Don't forget to say "Yahoo" when your done taking all that energy of your enemy.