1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sarah Weaknesses in Vanilla Virtua Fighter 5

Discussion in 'Sarah' started by Solomon Rayland, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Solomon Rayland

Solomon Rayland Well-Known Member

Hey everyone! It seems that whenever something comes up about Vanilla Virtua Fighter 5's incarnation of Sarah. She's considered very, very bad. I attempted to research her weaknesses in this game a number of times but couldn't really find anything regarding that topic. Could anyone please explain her weaknesses in Vanilla Virtua Fighter 5?

2. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I likely don't remember too well as it's a long time ago, but I believe she was light with a relatively large hurtbox, so took big damage combos, and flamingo stance wasn't as good as it is in FS. Had quite a few holes.
    She wasn't considered the weakest character in the game though and it'd Say Vanilla was probably more balanced than FS/US.

3. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I may be talking out of my ass here since its hard to remember and I didnt do fact-checks, but

I think it had to do about her low damage potential when we didn't have the FS combos etc. Also squeezing my brain, she may have had lack of options in mixups. Like, opponent could defend against certain Sarah stuff always the same way so there was no mixup. I just can't go into particulars cause I don't remember the exact differences between versions. You could probably still own with Sarah if opponent didn't know Sarah very well, but at top level it was a different story. Was low punch an issue?

Lack of overall damage was most likely a thing. Vanilla was considered more balanced than FS though, as in FS she has a HUGE issue with Taka-Arashi when most of her launchers simply stop working against Taka. To that effect I personally consider FS to be the most unbalanced VF version since VF2. Doesn't seem to bother many people though...

4. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

She was weak in vanilla? Interesting.

5. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Just cos someone will ask I dug up some vanilla ver C tier lists
    Yanaga Rank from Tougeki Damashi
    S Lei, Kage, Vane, Lau