1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sarah's b+K+G

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by sta783, Nov 24, 1999.

1. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

Well, Nutlog listed Sarah's b+K+G as one of her worst moves, but it may not be so bad. First of all, b+K+G recovers 10-frames if blocked. This is a tricky number. Throw will connect but not the elbow. AND P will whiff because of the weird recovery position that b+K+G has.

One application of b+K+G is to bait the enemy to attack with elbow. Consider Sarah vs. Jacky match where both of their energies are running low. Jacky blocks Sarah's b+K+G. Jacky, misunderstanding that elbow-spinkick is guaranteed, will hastily do elbow-spinkick, of which Sarah blocks (and punish with her guaranteed counter of choice).

This trick works because b+K+G surely seems to have long recovery. But it does not. I saw Muscle Sarah trapping one Jacky player into this rather 2nd-rate trick. It worked though, and Sarah won that round.

Jacky's b+K+G is not so bad either, especially in the guaranteed counter situation. After blocking Lau's f,d+K or Lion's d/b+K, b+K+G plus kickflip yields the maximum damage. I don't use it in the live combat though, unless I am absolutely sure that someone is gonna go for low.